The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joseanne16
Hi Guys :smile:

Could anyone who took this paper in January and/or Unit 4 tell me what questions came out if you remember so i could use them as practice? or if anyone has a copy of the exam or examiner's report?

Im doing:

PsyA3:

Relationships
Aggression
Eating Behaviour

PsyA4:

Schizophrenia
Anomalistic Psychology
Research Methods.

Thanks for your help :smile:

Same topics apart from Agression, I am doing bio rhythms :smile:

The questions in Jan for psy A3 were...

1) for eating behaviour it was about the biological explanations and explaining the choices for food, i.e. religion etc. It was seperated in two questions, equall marks on each.

2) for relationships it was outline and explain 2 or more explanations for the formation of relationships..an absolute gift of a question which I did very good on!

Messed up on the bio rhythms and ended up on an E...not good not good at all :frown:
Original post by antipesto93
yeah i finished memorising, now i just gotta memorise some more 'high quality notes'

Exactly what is ao3? out teacher told us to ignore ao3 and just do

ao1
ao2
and IDA

Actually A03 methodological evaluation, though most teachers credit this as A02 and put everything together. If you have your 4 A03 marks, they don't disregard any other methodological evaluation, it just goes to A02 instead, so that's probably why your teacher says to ignore it :smile:
Reply 322
Original post by teaandcoffee
Anyone doing this exam? :smile:

I did this exam in Jan 2010, and got 77 UMS (B). I retook Unit 4 in my year out this January, and got 99 UMS (A)! So I'm retaking Unit 3 so I can get the A* :smile: (I was only 4 UMS off!)

What topics are people doing? I am doing;
- Sleep
- Eating disorders
- Relationships

How are people feeling about this exam?

Hi, i've noticed you did this exam in jan 2011. Do you happen to remember the questions that came up on the paper for either relationships, sleep and perception?
I t would be rly helpful for me to know.
Thanks.
Reply 323
Original post by TheRockMaster

1) for eating behaviour it was about the biological explanations and explaining the choices for food, i.e. religion etc. It was seperated in two questions, equall marks on each.

2) for relationships it was outline and explain 2 or more explanations for the formation of relationships..an absolute gift of a question which I did very good on!

Messed up on the bio rhythms and ended up on an E...not good not good at all :frown:

Hi, i noticed you did the exam in jan 2011. I was wondering do you know what the questions were for bio rhythms and sleep, and perception?
Reply 324
E-mail me your address and I will see what I can do! (PM)

Could I have these too please? o:smile:
Original post by mr123
Hi, i noticed you did the exam in jan 2011. I was wondering do you know what the questions were for bio rhythms and sleep, and perception?

PErception...no clue sorry

But for bio it was on endogenous pacemakers for Infradian rhythms...I was silly and did exogenous pacemaker :frown:
Reply 326
PErception...no clue sorry

But for bio it was on endogenous pacemakers for Infradian rhythms...I was silly and did exogenous pacemaker :frown:

Fab, thank you. I've found the paper now so i've got perception sorted. :smile:
And, that must be annoying...good luck for next time!
Thanks again for the help!
I don't understand why i'm seeing so many posts from people predicting institutionalised aggression is going to come up...it came up already =/
Original post by mr123
Hi, i've noticed you did this exam in jan 2011. Do you happen to remember the questions that came up on the paper for either relationships, sleep and perception?
I t would be rly helpful for me to know.
Thanks.

I did Unit 4 in Jan 2011, I did Unit 3 in Jan 2010, so apologies I don't know the answer to your question.

Thanks loadss!!

That relationships question was slike the best one to get i agree!!
Hi guys :smile: any predictions for the questions you think we are going to get?

I have a feeling by look all the questions which have come out in specmines/past that:

Relationships is going to be something about the influences from childhood and adolesence on adult relationships

and for eating behaviour i predict that we are going to be asked to discuss the evolutionary explanation of eating behaviour.

Although, most past papers have questions of 2 parts so they could ask us on more than one topic per unit. :smile:

Anyone else tried to predict? haha :smile:
Hi guys :smile: any predictions for the questions you think we are going to get?

I have a feeling by look all the questions which have come out in specmines/past that:

Relationships is going to be something about the influences from childhood and adolesence on adult relationships

and for eating behaviour i predict that we are going to be asked to discuss the evolutionary explanation of eating behaviour.

Although, most past papers have questions of 2 parts so they could ask us on more than one topic per unit. :smile:

Anyone else tried to predict? haha :smile:

my teacher did, see my other post somewhere in this thread :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
I have 30 pages of notes for: eating / aggression / sleep which I used to get 100% in Jan. Lemme know if you want me to post 'em up :smile:

Heyy...I'm doing sleep/aggression/cognitive development. Would you be able to post the sleep and aggression notes up please...Thanks :smile:
Original post by eleanor12
notes or essays for which topics? i still have pretty much everything ive done.. :smile:

Do you have notes/essays on addiction that you can put up please? I'm really struggling :frown:
Original post by princessgirl92
Heyy...I'm doing sleep/aggression/cognitive development. Would you be able to post the sleep and aggression notes up please...Thanks :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30962011&postcount=20
Does anyone have any notes on the breakdown of relationships? Mine aren't too good and as it hasn't come out yet, it seems like quite a possible question.

Does anyone have any notes on the breakdown of relationships? Mine aren't too good and as it hasn't come out yet, it seems like quite a possible question.

Here is one of the essays
Does anyone know if they can ask us about parent-child relationships and interaction with peers separately or whether it will be a more general question on childhood or adolescent relationships in which we will be required to talk about both?

Thanks.
Original post by shootingstars
Does anyone know if they can ask us about parent-child relationships and interaction with peers separately or whether it will be a more general question on childhood or adolescent relationships in which we will be required to talk about both?

Thanks.

The influence of childhood and adolescent experiences on adult relationships,
including parent-child relationships and interaction with peers

Thats from the specification, so i assume they CAN ask seperate, but i highly doubt there will be a 25 mark on just one
there could be a 6 mark on just one though.
Original post by antipesto93
The influence of childhood and adolescent experiences on adult relationships,
including parent-child relationships and interaction with peers

Thats from the specification, so i assume they CAN ask seperate, but i highly doubt there will be a 25 mark on just one
there could be a 6 mark on just one though.

I was just worried as I've hardly got any information on interaction with peers, but you're probably right - if they were to ask a question it would probably only be for a few marks. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest