Sorry I haven't been on here for ages. :ashamed:
Reply 1021
I finally have Law of Ueki with japanese audio :colondollar:

No more annoying voices :excited:
Reply 1022
Original post by Keoje
I finally have Law of Ueki with japanese audio :colondollar:

No more annoying voices :excited:

I dread to think what the dubbing would sound like for a sub par battle shounen like this. :giggle:
Reply 1023
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Maybe the heat is playing tricks with my mind, but did I read that correctly? :wtf: I thought the characters and plot for Red Garden were amazing, while Fractale was promoted as something new and different but felt like a rehashing of so many other anime series. I also found the pacing among the worst of any anime I've seen this year, personally. :s:

Original post by caraniel
Have to agree with AJ here - Red Garden was truly one of the better shows in its year, the character development and interesting plot devices were wonderful and the animation in particular was fantastic (the girls wardrobes were so varied!). Fractale by contrast has to be one of the biggest disappointments of the year so far - the worst series noitaminA has ever produced IMO. It had so much potential, the first episode was stunning and stuffed full of interesting ideas; but it just completely failed to capitalise on its brilliant setting. Rather Fractale fell back onto cheap harem antics, pervert jokes and threw in stupid plot-twists for no real reason, all of which have been done far too many times before and much better by other anime.

Fractale had woeful pacing - it kept jumping about the place like a hyperactive 3 year old, and never settled into any kind of natural pace. It wasn't boring, but it was extremely poorly planned.

Early Shippuden had poor pacing for another reason - it was way too slow, dragging out things way too much and generally pissing the viewer off.

Maybe I just have bad taste :erm:

But it's ok...animoo will feed me more fractale goodness on thursday & I never actually have to watch red garden again...will leave that for everyone else to enjoy :emog:
Reply 1024
Original post by skipp
Maybe I just have bad taste :erm:

Don't worry, I preferred Lucky star to Haruhi, so they'll go after me first.

And by that I mean the Kent animesoc :awesome:

btw does half of the hall still break into groans/yells whenever the word dub is mentioned? :ahee:
Reply 1025
Things are really kicking off in steins;gate now :beard:
Original post by vin
Things are really kicking off in steins;gate now :beard:

Yeah. While nothing *that* bad has happened yet (not as bad as in episode 1 anyway), it's heading in a dangerous direction very quickly. Something just feels horribly wrong about it all, I'm actually finding it creepier than most horror anime. :o:

Definitely my favorite series of this season though; the plot appeals to my scientific side, and the characters are hilarious!
Reply 1027
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Yeah. While nothing *that* bad has happened yet (not as bad as in episode 1 anyway), it's heading in a dangerous direction very quickly. Something just feels horribly wrong about it all, I'm actually finding it creepier than most horror anime. :o:

Definitely my favorite series of this season though; the plot appeals to my scientific side, and the characters are hilarious!

this part surprised me :lolwut:

Spoiler

Reply 1028
Busy weekend. I started on Saturday :indiff:

Spoiler

Original post by Keoje
Busy weekend. I started on Saturday :indiff:

Spoiler

vlc player :no:

Original post by Maths_Lover
Hi guys. :cute:

Sorry I haven't been on here for ages. :ashamed:

:nospam:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1030
Original post by eugenius 8
vlc player :no:

I use VLC, the latest version is not that bad on OS X. :nah:
Back at home, and I'm taking advantage of relatively fast (as far as it goes here) internet speeds to get hold of Jungle Emperor. First colour TV anime apparently, hence my interest. This is another one that only seems to be available dubbed and with changed names, though at least no episodes have been removed or butchered in this version (as far as I know...) since the series is family friendly already.
Kent... I can't help thinking I met somebody from Kent animesoc at Minamicon 17 a couple of months back. Do you happen to know if any of your people were there? :smile:

I'm ploughing on through Berserk with my girlfriend at the moment. I think the only way I can imagine this ending well is with an OT3 between Guts, Griffith and Casca. It's the most love-triangley thing I've ever seen, but it seems to be made by manly men for manly men. It's kind of weird watching it from my perspective. I can't help thinking that a lot of stuff in Griffith's character could be read as a response to the sorta-derailment of Ash Lynx's character in Banana Fish. I mean, Banana Fish was extremely widely read in its time. Has anybody here read/watched both? My girlfriend thinks it's a total asspull, but she's only read two volumes of Banana Fish, so I don't think she's allowed to comment. :cool:

I also watched Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters: Pyramid of Light. It was all kinds of retarded and hilarious. I haven't played the game for a couple of years, but even I could see all the blatant errors in the gameplay. Kaiba managed about three sets of trap reveals during his own move, for one. It was pretty fun for all that though, but needs more Ryou. :mad:

ETA, crosspost: fffffff! Jungle Emperor Leo! I am taking that from you when I come to see you! Speaking of which, I'm very interested in how all that's going - could we take it to chat maybe? :3
ETA2: just checked my e-mail, and you're one step ahead of me, as usual.

- Pips
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pippin4242
ETA, crosspost: fffffff! Jungle Emperor Leo! I am taking that from you when I come to see you! Speaking of which, I'm very interested in how all that's going - could we take it to chat maybe? :3
ETA2: just checked my e-mail, and you're one step ahead of me, as usual.

- Pips

No problem! No doubt I'll have a hell of a lot of other new series between now and then too (new PC will come with a 1 TB internal hard drive, so I have space again!) Doubt any of them will be as historically significant (to anime) as Jungle Emperor Leo though. :p:

Something I forgot to mention last night is that I'm now signed up to a month's free subscription on LOVEFiLM... and got a £15 Amazon voucher for doing so! :biggrin: So yeah, I'm getting free DVD rentals and perhaps a couple of manga volumes out of it. I've gone for a fair mix of anime and live action, half of which I've seen and the other half I want to rewatch with my sisters. Anime-wise, I'll be renting Barefoot Gen (comes with the sequel too), Brave Story, Panda! Go Panda! and The Sky Crawlers. :yes:

*will also do his dissertation this summer*
Original post by eugenius 8

:nospam:

Spoiler

I wasn't spamming...

On a different note, does anyone here watch Ranma 1/2? Also, would anyone be able to recommend some good shoujo that is not too long? :smile:
I have a big thing about Full Moon wo Saga****e, but it was sort of dumbed-down and drawn out for its TV incarnation, so it wound up as fifty-two slightly budgety episodes. It still has a really great story at its core, though. Have you seen Ouran? I'm sorry, I'm new, so I haven't the slightest how much you might have watched before.

Here's the Full Moon OP, just to give you an idea of the flavour. :smile:

- Pips
Reply 1036
I wasn't spamming...

On a different note, does anyone here watch Ranma 1/2? Also, would anyone be able to recommend some good shoujo that is not too long? :smile:

I remember watching the latter half of Ranma 1/2 when it was still airing in Japan. One of the first anime series I've seen too. It's a definite classic. :smile:

As for a good one/two cour (13-26 episode) shoujo series:

Princess Tutu
Kare Kano
Ouran High School Host Club
Marimite (if you're impartial to light yuri)
Honey and Clover
Lovely Complex
Marmalade Boy
Bokura ga Ita
Fruits Basket
Peach Girl
Aishi-teruze Baby
Itazura na Kiss
Skip Beat!
Vampire Knight

Hopefully, something there will tickle your fancy. :smile:
Reply 1037
On the topic of childhood anime, A-P has finally added the monolith that is Sazae-san. This series is a testament to how obsessed I was when I was younger. I still have every VHS recording up to around episode 650. Yes, I actually woke up in the morning to record it, even though I watched it at the same time. :redface:
Original post by Aiko
I remember watching the latter half of Ranma 1/2 when it was still airing in Japan. One of the first anime series I've seen too. It's a definite classic. :smile:

As for a good one/two cour (13-26 episode) shoujo series:

Princess Tutu
Kare Kano
Ouran High School Host Club
Marimite (if you're impartial to light yuri)
Honey and Clover
Lovely Complex
Marmalade Boy
Bokura ga Ita
Fruits Basket
Peach Girl
Aishi-teruze Baby
Itazura na Kiss
Skip Beat!
Vampire Knight

Hopefully, something there will tickle your fancy. :smile:

:smile: Yes it is, so funny! :lol:

Thank you so much! I shall check those out tomorrow after my exam. :smile:
Reply 1039
:smile: Yes it is, so funny! :lol:

Gotta love Happosai! :giggle:

Thank you so much! I shall check those out tomorrow after my exam. :smile:

There's quite a mix of shoujo there, and all are definitely worth watching. Good luck with the exam. :smile:

Latest