The Student Room Group

AQA AS French January 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by knit-knots
No, it said something like Je voudrais mes enfants être assuré à l'école, par exemple, parler deux langues comme français et espagnols est ....something like that.

Really? Hmm I may check back later with my teacher, if I can be bothered.
But looking at the text, you've just proved that bilingual was one of the answers when you said you got assuré instead of bilingue. :confused:
Reply 41
I wasn't sure about this in the exam, tbh. As she was like I want by children to be insured at school, for example it's advantageous to be able to speak 2 languages.
Reply 42
It definitely was bilingual. I thought the exam went really well, hopefully me B will be a high A. Writing on cinema/film viewing was super easy for me! Hopefully, my grade will reflect how well I think it went.
Reply 43
Any thoughts on what an A will be? Like grade boundaries?
Reply 44
what were the essay titles for this exam.........
what were the writing questions for this exam? I know one was about cinema and one was about stress, what was the last one about?
Original post by A_clizzy
what were the essay titles for this exam.........

hi, have you found out what were the essay questions :smile: ?

Thanks
Original post by manushipatel12
what were the writing questions for this exam? I know one was about cinema and one was about stress, what was the last one about?

Were you able to find out the essay questions :smile: ?

Thank you !
Original post by RonaldAdalla006
Were you able to find out the essay questions :smile: ?

Thank you !

Yes please, anyone?
Reply 49
I'm looking for the past essay questions too!
Reply 50
Etre célibataire a aujourd?hui une image plus positive. L?augmentation
du nombre de ceux qui vivent seuls en France est dramatique : en
quarante ans, ils ont plus que doublé, passant de 6,1% en 1970 à près de
14% en 2010, soit 8,3 millions de personnes.
A votre avis, quels sont les avantages et les inconvénients à vivre seul? (35 marks)

OR

11 Le dernier livre du docteur Hubert « Comment guérir le stress » se
vend très bien. Pas étonnant ! 43% des Français se disent stressés.
Donnez votre opinion sur les causes du stress chez les jeunes. Quelles en
sont les solutions possibles, à votre avis? (35 marks)

OR

12 Selon de nombreux réalisateurs, les développements technologiques,
tels que le cinéma à domicile et le téléchargement de Þ lms, menacent le
cinéma traditionnel. Selon eux, moins de gens vont aller au cinéma dans
les années à venir.
A votre avis, quels sont les avantages et les inconvénients des différents
moyens de regarder un Þ lm? Pour vous, quel est l?avenir du cinéma?

Here you go - Jan 2011 essay questions :smile: x
Original post by heartswho

Here you go - Jan 2011 essay questions :smile: x

Thank you sooooo much!!! :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by SunshineAndSmiles
Thank you sooooo much!!! :smile:

No worries! What do you think will come up?? I've had a look at all the past papers on the new spec and TV and fashion hasn't come up so I reckon there's a good chance they will?
No worries! What do you think will come up?? I've had a look at all the past papers on the new spec and TV and fashion hasn't come up so I reckon there's a good chance they will?

Yes! I'm hoping fashion, that doesn't seem to have come up and I like that one to write about! So yeah, thinking on the same lines :smile: I'm also going through the AQA AS Spanish papers now to see what questions came up on fashion, and trying to write an answer in French for that - just to make sure that I'm prepared for any fashion-type questions that might come up! Very unlikely to be exactly the same question but could be at a similar angle? Also maybe something on friends and family, perhaps comparing their relative importance?
Hey does anyone have the january 2011 paper, just i cant find it anywhere and would really like to know what essays were on it. Thanks
Reply 55
Original post by SunshineAndSmiles
Yes! I'm hoping fashion, that doesn't seem to have come up and I like that one to write about! So yeah, thinking on the same lines :smile: I'm also going through the AQA AS Spanish papers now to see what questions came up on fashion, and trying to write an answer in French for that - just to make sure that I'm prepared for any fashion-type questions that might come up! Very unlikely to be exactly the same question but could be at a similar angle? Also maybe something on friends and family, perhaps comparing their relative importance?

Oooh do you think? I swear relationships/family/friendships have come up 3 times since january 2009 so I ruled that one out :/ I also think advertising, internet or sport have a high chance of coming up. Sport or internet would be a god-send for me!

I have no clue what to write about fashion, it's my worst topic! I don't suppose you would be able to help me with that please? Like if you've done a past essay on it that I could look over, that would be fantastic! That's a good idea with the Spanish, what fashion questions have come up?
Original post by Laurynpipe

Original post by Laurynpipe
Hey i also took the French AS paper today and did the stress question. For context I wrote about what make young people stressed: school, peer pressure, media, university applications etc and then i wrote about how to avoid stress: having a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, having an outlet e.g. sport, music, dance etc also said it was important to ask for help otherwise people can suffer from problems if they dont manage their stress, e.g eating disorders drug abuse and stuff. think i went a little overboard but i am so desperate to get and A*.

What did you guys write? im stressed just thinking about it!

xx

What were the essays that you were given??
Reply 57
Original post by lopikase123
What were the essays that you were given??

I've posted them a few posts above :smile:
Reply 58
Have you been told to write the number of words at the end of your essay, or does it not matter? Thanks
I have no clue what to write about fashion, it's my worst topic! I don't suppose you would be able to help me with that please? Like if you've done a past essay on it that I could look over, that would be fantastic! That's a good idea with the Spanish, what fashion questions have come up?

Ahhh sorry!!! just got this now, not much help for you, sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest