The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

At Pevrell and wanted to know what date can we move in in September? is it friday 23rd??
thanz
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2741
Yes, it's the weekend of the 23rd :smile:
Original post by francistheswole
so if the people living on the clifton campus won't have as much fun as people living on the city campus?

no not at all. Yeah clifton is out of the city centre, but you do have pretty decent nights at the SU there. Everywhere in Trent is great
Original post by jimbles
Yes, it's the weekend of the 23rd :smile:

so are people moving in on the Friday or the Saturday?? :smile:
Original post by just a student

i'll be moving in the earliest possible so friday for me:biggrin:
Original post by stevetyler91
no not at all. Yeah clifton is out of the city centre, but you do have pretty decent nights at the SU there. Everywhere in Trent is great

ahh cheers anyway. i already booked sandby :biggrin:
Original post by just a student

move in day for you guys and nottingham uni is the exact same one, which is the first time i've known it during my time at trent so whatever day you move in over the weekend head to nottingham as early as you can to beat the traffic or you will be stuck in it for a while especially those on city campus as parking is a pain anyway.
Reply 2747
Hi guys! Nice one for choosing trent, you'll have the time of your life!

If anyone is interested in netball (the newly crowned BUCs club of the year, 2010/11!) next year, whether it be for fun or to play competitively then join this netty group here:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_220636394615540

Or if you're a social junkie and want to play the odd game of netty every other week and be getting drunk with us every week on our wednesday socials then join this one too:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_226775470672773

We also have a fab time on tour in Spain in Easter and are all up for having a laugh!
If anyone has any questions then PM me or anyone on the committee on that netty group and we'll be welcome to help.

See you all next year freshersssssss!!!

Katy xxx
ps. I'm a yr2 student in Psychology if anyone has a questions for that either :smile:
ahh cheers anyway. i already booked sandby :biggrin:

Oooooooh Sandby. I'm sat in Sandby now :wink:

It's **** though.
If all goes well in August, I'll be doing Forensic Biology and staying in Peverell, block A, flat 5 :smile:
Original post by Sarah.Rivers
Oooooooh Sandby. I'm sat in Sandby now :wink:

It's **** though.

seriously? whats so **** about it? sandby was the first accommodation to get fully booked.
seriously? whats so **** about it? sandby was the first accommodation to get fully booked.

Pretty sure you'll find Gill Street was the first, that normally sells out within minutes every year.
Original post by rachelkeira
Pretty sure you'll find Gill Street was the first, that normally sells out within minutes every year.

oh.. when i booked sandby within 10-15mins it was fully booked so i just assumed lol.

did you book gill street or wanted to?
oh.. when i booked sandby within 10-15mins it was fully booked so i just assumed lol.

did you book gill street or wanted to?

Nope, I'm a current student.
Just know that most people with unconditional offers go for gill street, so there are barely any rooms at all left for when it opens to people with conditionals.
Original post by katyb.
Hi guys! Nice one for choosing trent, you'll have the time of your life!

If anyone is interested in netball (the newly crowned BUCs club of the year, 2010/11!) next year, whether it be for fun or to play competitively then join this netty group here:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_220636394615540

Or if you're a social junkie and want to play the odd game of netty every other week and be getting drunk with us every week on our wednesday socials then join this one too:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_226775470672773

We also have a fab time on tour in Spain in Easter and are all up for having a laugh!
If anyone has any questions then PM me or anyone on the committee on that netty group and we'll be welcome to help.

See you all next year freshersssssss!!!

Katy xxx
ps. I'm a yr2 student in Psychology if anyone has a questions for that either :smile:

I'm not a fresher, I'll be a second year next year, but I joined anyway because I'm thinking of getting back into netball next year; I haven't played since 6th form... and I'm not very good, but it seems like a laugh! :smile:

It was the first to get booked when I booked it too. Party Halls. It's great, when you're partying.

Just sharing a kitchen with 13 others is NOT good. Don't buy any food that you like cause you won't be eating it :wink: and there will be broken glass on the floor 100% of the time. Our kitchen currently smells like something died in there and theres no doors on any of the cupboards. :P
Nope, I'm a current student.
Just know that most people with unconditional offers go for gill street, so there are barely any rooms at all left for when it opens to people with conditionals.

I got an unconditional offer and Sandby booked just as quick as Gil Street. I just thought Gil Street was **** for how much you have to pay. Sandby is also, but not as much :P
I got an unconditional offer and Sandby booked just as quick as Gil Street. I just thought Gil Street was **** for how much you have to pay. Sandby is also, but not as much :P

Oh, in freshers week, when I was talking to everyone and anyone, the general consensus from people not living at gill street was that they tried to get in, but missed it, and ended up in sandby or hampden instead. I know all my flatmates here at norton court, bar me and another guy who got in as our second choices, tried to get gill street, but weren't quick enough.
Gill street is pretty amazing though, not a patch on trinity though, which is where I'm going next year :biggrin:
Oh, in freshers week, when I was talking to everyone and anyone, the general consensus from people not living at gill street was that they tried to get in, but missed it, and ended up in sandby or hampden instead. I know all my flatmates here at norton court, bar me and another guy who got in as our second choices, tried to get gill street, but weren't quick enough.
Gill street is pretty amazing though, not a patch on trinity though, which is where I'm going next year :biggrin:

I know tonnes of people living in Sandby who got unconditionals and went straight here before anywhere else :s-smilie: so I dunno.... but I don't really think any of these halls are 'amazing' except maybe trinity but that's not university owned it's private, so they're not stingy on what they provide lol. Personally I can't wait to live in my house next year.
It was the first to get booked when I booked it too. Party Halls. It's great, when you're partying.

Just sharing a kitchen with 13 others is NOT good. Don't buy any food that you like cause you won't be eating it :wink: and there will be broken glass on the floor 100% of the time. Our kitchen currently smells like something died in there and theres no doors on any of the cupboards. :P

yeah i heard people steal each others food in sandby, that could be a problem tbh. hopefully i can buy a mini fridge.

but everything else you mentioned can be dealt with :biggrin:

thanks for the extra info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending