The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joseanne16
Umm i'm sorry i didn't think it would be a problem.

Tbh i actually thought you gave it to me from one of the essays posted in the section under 'psychology essays' forum that are for everyone to use and help each other with.

No, I did not say it was a problem :tongue:
I meant that it was a good thing lol...no harm :smile:

And just letting you know the grade to help.
:biggrin:
Is psycho-physiological insomnia (learned insomnia) part of primary insomnia or something separate?
Reply 362
Anyone know what essays have previously come up for this?
Original post by RD93
Okay so I'm making notes on insomnia as we speak. So the spec says explanations for insomnia including primary and secondary insomnia. But primary insomnia has no underlying cause, so where's the AO1 for that? :redface:

its not only causes, you can also just describe what it is, So here are some of the points i learnt:

Primary insomnia is where there is no physical cause of the disorder etc....

the most severe form of insomnia is Idiopathic or Fatal insomnia, however there is no cure so people must learn to live with it

A life event can often cause primary insomnia, however even when the life event goes away, the insomnia may stay due to bad habbits learnt, causeing you to get stuck in a viscous cycle

- That, + the ao1 for secondary insomnia + the ao1 for outlining studies should be enough for the 9 ao1 marks :biggrin:
Original post by Sama93
Anyone know what essays have previously come up for this?

have a look through the thread :smile:
the jan 2011 paper can be found on psych exchange.
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
Is psycho-physiological insomnia (learned insomnia) part of primary insomnia or something separate?

Never heard of it lol, you could still include it as a separate explanation of insomnia
Original post by princessgirl92
Do you have notes/essays on addiction that you can put up please? I'm really struggling :frown:

hey,
i do have some, but unfortunately im having trouble getting any documents onto the computer atm, its being a total pain and should be being fixed asap. as and when it is i will let people know what i have, and then can email stuff.
anything you are particularly struggling with? i will try and help :smile:
x
we got given example essays that are 25/25 for all topics and all poss questions that could come up, i would post them, but they are so long and its a hardcopy.
Original post by antipesto93
Never heard of it lol, you could still include it as a separate explanation of insomnia

It's basically where people associate 'bed time cues' with not sleeping so insomnia becomes conditioned.

If primary insomnia refers to insomnia that is not caused by any known physical or mental condition. Then I guess you could say it's a primary insomnia. :s-smilie:
For the group displays topic do you need to know two examples of it? I've only learnt lynch mobs and I'm not sure if I have to learn sporting events.

Thanks.
For the group displays topic do you need to know two examples of it? I've only learnt lynch mobs and I'm not sure if I have to learn sporting events.

Thanks.

We did Lynch mobs and Sports events (Xenophobia)
or our book also has religious rutuals in it
you do need to learn a second one, but there is not much on sports events
We did Lynch mobs and Sports events (Xenophobia)
or our book also has religious rutuals in it
you do need to learn a second one, but there is not much on sports events

OK thanks.
Reply 372
its not only causes, you can also just describe what it is, So here are some of the points i learnt:

Primary insomnia is where there is no physical cause of the disorder etc....

the most severe form of insomnia is Idiopathic or Fatal insomnia, however there is no cure so people must learn to live with it

A life event can often cause primary insomnia, however even when the life event goes away, the insomnia may stay due to bad habbits learnt, causeing you to get stuck in a viscous cycle

- That, + the ao1 for secondary insomnia + the ao1 for outlining studies should be enough for the 9 ao1 marks :biggrin:

Nice one, I actually logged out before this was posted and I finally got the bit about 'no apparent cause' and it being an isolated cause :biggrin: thanks again!
Reply 373

They say that's normally part of primary insomnia, because when nothing else is apparent, the person has learnt to expect a bad night's sleep from previous stress and frustration. Ergo, they can't sleep because they have learned not to expect it.
Reply 374
Original post by sweet&petitee
Morning??? Mines in the afternoon, surely they are all meant to be at roughly the same time of day?

Mine's in the morning, but that's only because i've got a French exam in the afternoon so one had to be moved to the morning :smile:
Original post by Jess6893
Mine's in the morning, but that's only because i've got a French exam in the afternoon so one had to be moved to the morning :smile:

OMG post the questions :biggrin: lol
Reply 376
OMG post the questions :biggrin: lol

I honestly would if i could! I'm going to be supervised in a room though between the end of that and my french exam :frown: If the chance comes up though.. :smile:
Original post by Jess6893
I honestly would if i could! I'm going to be supervised in a room though between the end of that and my french exam :frown: If the chance comes up though.. :smile:

lol aww, that would be so cool though :biggrin:
Reply 378
Has anyone got any ideas on predictions for gender questions?
In January my psychology teacher predicted a few possibilities:
-Cultural differences in gender
-Evolutionary explanations of gender roles
-Small question on androgny

None of those came up though, has anyone got any ideas on how likely they are/other possibilities?
Obviously i'll try and revise everything, but a little push in the (hopefully) right direction would be good :biggrin:
Reply 379
Original post by Joseanne16
Perhaps they could ask to 'Discuss the relationship between sexual selecton and human reproductive behaviour.' That is a practice question that one of my revision guides gives :smile:

Here is a sample essay on that, its not mine, someone posted it to me, not sure how good it is though, i haven't read through it properly yet.

Hope this helps!

I've seen this essay :smile: thanks anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending