The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
just wondering, is there only Specimen, Jan 2011 and June 2010 papers available for this exam not including legacy papers??
Reply 461
Original post by stellanocte
Wow, very efficient!
Thank you so much!! I need to read questions extraa carefully, haha. :smile:

did you find that on the specimen paper for 2 (d). the mark scheme was x10 out?? or is that just me?
i got 0.013 moldm^-3

and the mark scheme got 0.13?

cos its, [c6h5o-] = (1.3x10^-10 x 0.2) / 1.95x10^-9

which = 0.013

??
Original post by TheAwkwardBalloon0
dichromate is orange and CrO42- is yellow:smile:

Why do i not know this? Are these bits of random info im missing out or what? Is it in the textbook? I mean how do you answer a Q like this if you havent seen it before or do i just fail in chem in general :sigh: :colondollar:.

This exam is seriously stressing me out now, one min i feel like i can do all the Qs and the next i find myself staring at a Q with no idea whatsoever :sad:.

Why the neg reps? :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 463
I don't know whether this has already been asked, but does anybody have a table/sheet/website or just some pretty notes with all the colours we need to know of complexes of transition metals and reaction with certain compounds?
Reply 464
Ok, so I did a bit of textbook searching and with the help of the internet came up with this. Can anybody tell me if something's missing or is something's incorrect!

Hope it helps someone! :smile:
Reply 465
Original post by arvin_infinity
Ive been told that we wont be asked about explaining differences in ligands colour !

There is like 10 mark question in 2007 ..but apparently it was taken out from syllabus some time later

Don't know whether anyone had answered this for you but have a look at my last post :smile:
http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm
There's some great notes and revision materials, its tailored to our spec to so none of the unnecessary stuff. :biggrin:

http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/ppoints.htm
And also lots of power points going step by step through stuff :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 467
How do you come up with an overall equation?
E.g for the question:

NO(g) + 1/2O2(g) -> NO2(g)
NO2(g) -> NO(g) + O(g)
O2(g) + O(g) -> O3(g)
Can anyone please answer this question for me? I just want to verify if my answer is correct as the mark scheme may be wrong! My answer is double the answer in the textbook so can the entropy be double the value?
Original post by sportycricketer
Can anyone please answer this question for me? I just want to verify if my answer is correct as the mark scheme may be wrong! My answer is double the answer in the textbook so can the entropy be double the value?

I get -183.1 j mol-1
Original post by haydyb123
I get -183.1 j mol-1

man thats wrong even in the back of the textbook :P
Reply 471
Original post by sportycricketer

its products minus reactants so Na2O- (2xNa+0.5xO2)
Hmm, I haven't even opened up the textbook to start learning the content yet alone revising >< . I'm gonna start today but I'm not in a position where I can devote all my time to it (since it's not really part of my offer) - but something inside me still wants to get a decent grade and not let the last 1.5 years of chemistry go to waste. So with that being said, what are the easier topics to get marks on, where there's not too much application but just quoting formulae, sticking numbers in etc? You know, things such as definitions where you just learn it and they're easy marks? If I can get 46/150 in this I'll be happy - I just don't think I have the time to learn everything xD .
Original post by wilsea05
its products minus reactants so Na2O- (2xNa+0.5xO2)

Yeah I got double that answer :s-smilie: is that gonna be wrong then?
cos I did
2 x (Na2O) - [(4xNa) + (1xO2)]
Ahhhh, just worked out i need at least a middle C to meet my offer :'(
Original post by k256_93
How do you come up with an overall equation?
E.g for the question:

NO(g) + 1/2O2(g) -> NO2(g)
NO2(g) -> NO(g) + O(g)
O2(g) + O(g) -> O3(g)

You can cancel out the things that are on either side of the equation.
NO cancels
NO2 cancels
O cancels

Leaving O2 + 1/2O2 -> O3 I think :smile:
Original post by BeekieBoo
Don't know whether anyone had answered this for you but have a look at my last post :smile:

My question is totally different..but dw since its not gonna come up
Thanks for reply :wink:
Reply 477
Original post by Wor Carroll
You can cancel out the things that are on either side of the equation.
NO cancels
NO2 cancels
O cancels

Leaving O2 + 1/2O2 -> O3 I think :smile:

Awesome, thank you very much :smile:
Reply 478
Original post by nestle
did you find that on the specimen paper for 2 (d). the mark scheme was x10 out?? or is that just me?
i got 0.013 moldm^-3

and the mark scheme got 0.13?

cos its, [c6h5o-] = (1.3x10^-10 x 0.2) / 1.95x10^-9

which = 0.013

??

i also got 0.013. what's the correct answer?
Original post by Teva
i also got 0.013. what's the correct answer?

i take what the specimen paper mark scheme says with a pinch of salt, found so many mistakes in there ¬¬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending