The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Hiii....does anyone have any addiction notes/essays that they can put up please....I'm really struggling :frown:
Reply 381
Original post by teaandcoffee
I did Unit 4 in Jan 2011, I did Unit 3 in Jan 2010, so apologies I don't know the answer to your question.

That's fine, thanks anyways.:smile:
Original post by eleanor12
hey,
i do have some, but unfortunately im having trouble getting any documents onto the computer atm, its being a total pain and should be being fixed asap. as and when it is i will let people know what i have, and then can email stuff.
anything you are particularly struggling with? i will try and help :smile:
x

Thank you...role of media in addictive behaviour and vulnerability to addiction
I'm also sitting this dreaded exam

I've made some notes but I always think i've missed something - so i write too much and waffle :' (

anyone have the same problem?
Original post by TheRockMaster
No, I did not say it was a problem :tongue:
I meant that it was a good thing lol...no harm :smile:

And just letting you know the grade to help.
:biggrin:

Oh right :smile: i thought you meant it in a sarcastic way before , oops!

:smile:
Original post by passpsychology
If i can help in anyway, just ask.

how many case studies would you advise learning for each point on the specification? and in what level of detail? one of the textbooks i have lists loads but not in much detail and another has a completely different approach so i'm really confused!
Reply 386
Hi guys, need some help with Gender. I've only just started revising [done the other 2] and I seem to have no AO3 what so ever with what I've looked at so far: Kohlberg's Theory and the Martin and Halverson study using Gender Schemas.

Does anyone have anything for it/can anyone explain the Schema study involving the pictures shown to kids. I just can't understand it. If anyone can help I'd be forever in your debt.
Original post by eleanor12
hey,
i do have some, but unfortunately im having trouble getting any documents onto the computer atm, its being a total pain and should be being fixed asap. as and when it is i will let people know what i have, and then can email stuff.
anything you are particularly struggling with? i will try and help :smile:
x

Thanks...Vulnerability factors in addiction is what I'm mainly stuck on
Reply 388
anyone have any aggression essays to share that were marked highly? Really struggling on how much I should write and what is relevant
hiyaaa, has anyone got any notes for relationships? :smile:
For institutional aggression do we need to know Prisons + Hazing + Genocide?
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
For institutional aggression do we need to know Prisons + Hazing + Genocide?

Well, Depends what you where taught, there are many things you could include
we did: ( we only did prisions)
Situational model ( the aggression in prisions is from the convicts, who where aggressive before hand)
Deprivational model ( the prsion causes the depression)
deindividuation (alternative / IDA approach)
Social influence (alternative / IDA)
Original post by antipesto93
Well, Depends what you where taught, there are many things you could include
we did: ( we only did prisions)
Situational model ( the aggression in prisions is from the convicts, who where aggressive before hand)
Deprivational model ( the prsion causes the depression)
deindividuation (alternative / IDA approach)
Social influence (alternative / IDA)

I only know prisons in detail. I'm wondering if I should lean either of the other two types of institutional aggression. I'm presuming you don't have too since your college didn't bother at all.
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
I only know prisons in detail. I'm wondering if I should lean either of the other two types of institutional aggression. I'm presuming you don't have too since your college didn't bother at all.

Ah, no you don't have to, i got 23/25 just by talking about prisons once :smile: (but it was handwritten so i cant post it up soz)
Ah, no you don't have to, i got 23/25 just by talking about prisons once :smile: (but it was handwritten so i cant post it up soz)

It's fine that's all I needed to know. I've already got 20 something essay plans to remember and actually practice writing!

I also think it's very difficult trying to mark your own essays. The mark scheme just seems entirely subjective to me.
Hey guys, doing both this exam AND PSYA4 after getting a shocking E in January, despite two A's in PSYA1 and PSYA2!!

I'm finding it SO difficult to try and remember, basically, 6 moduals works of AO1'S, AO2'S AND AO3'S, especially the studies!!

Does anyone have any helpful hints they could share with me?

Btw I'm doing Addiction, Depression and RM in PSYA4
and Cognitive Development, Eating Behaviour and Aggression in PSYA3...

Final quesiton, for the likes of Aggression, the Neural and Hormonal explanation, do we have to learn BOTH or just one??

BIG HELP GUYS, thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by Becksiee26
Hey guys, doing both this exam AND PSYA4 after getting a shocking E in January, despite two A's in PSYA1 and PSYA2!!

I'm finding it SO difficult to try and remember, basically, 6 moduals works of AO1'S, AO2'S AND AO3'S, especially the studies!!

Does anyone have any helpful hints they could share with me?

Btw I'm doing Addiction, Depression and RM in PSYA4
and Cognitive Development, Eating Behaviour and Aggression in PSYA3...

Final quesiton, for the likes of Aggression, the Neural and Hormonal explanation, do we have to learn BOTH or just one??

BIG HELP GUYS, thank you! :biggrin:

It wont specify ONLY neural or ONLY hormonal, so you dont have to learn both.
Neural - Serotonin
hormonal - Testorstoron
- find a bunch of studies for/against each one, and you can get 25/25 for that, if you get ao1 from describing studies and ao2 from evaluating their methodology
It wont specify ONLY neural or ONLY hormonal, so you dont have to learn both.
Neural - Serotonin
hormonal - Testorstoron
- find a bunch of studies for/against each one, and you can get 25/25 for that, if you get ao1 from describing studies and ao2 from evaluating their methodology

So learn studies FOR Serotonin and then say however TESTOSTERONE, like use each one to refute the other?

Original post by Becksiee26
So learn studies FOR Serotonin and then say however TESTOSTERONE, like use each one to refute the other?

yeah, i split it up as:
Arguments For testosterone
arguments against it
arguments for serotonin
arguments against it

make sure 1 or 2 of your studies are in alot of detail so you can evaluate them well :smile:
yeah, i split it up as:
Arguments For testosterone
arguments against it
arguments for serotonin
arguments against it

make sure 1 or 2 of your studies are in alot of detail so you can evaluate them well :smile:

What about dopamine and cortisol? I've literally spent SO much time getting all four in, do not tell me I only had to perfect two?!?! aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending