The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiko
Gotta love Happosai! :giggle:

There's quite a mix of shoujo there, and all are definitely worth watching. Good luck with the exam. :smile:

He both makes me laugh and really angry sometimes! :tongue:

The principal on the other hand is just infuriating! :mad2:

OK, I shall watch the one's from that list that I have not watched. :biggrin:

Thank you. :smile:
Just wondering, does anyone know of a site that lists anime season info as far back as 2001? As in which series started in January, April, July etc? Only I was thinking of doing a mock new season preview for my blog, focusing on the 'new and upcoming' series that aired 10 years ago. :p: Anime-Planet has helped me narrow it down to the whole year, and I've been looking up each series listed there for the exact dates, but it seems summer was as small a season then as it is now - pretty much everything seems to be a spring or autumn series. :sigh:

If there is no such site I'll keep at it the way I am now, but I'd appreciate any info that could save me time and hassle. :smile: Would also be pretty interesting to browse through such a site, seeing what aired when.
Reply 1042
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Just wondering, does anyone know of a site that lists anime season info as far back as 2001? As in which series started in January, April, July etc? Only I was thinking of doing a mock new season preview for my blog, focusing on the 'new and upcoming' series that aired 10 years ago. :p: Anime-Planet has helped me narrow it down to the whole year, and I've been looking up each series listed there for the exact dates, but it seems summer was as small a season then as it is now - pretty much everything seems to be a spring or autumn series. :sigh:

If there is no such site I'll keep at it the way I am now, but I'd appreciate any info that could save me time and hassle. :smile: Would also be pretty interesting to browse through such a site, seeing what aired when.

Something like the vintage shown on ANN?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5063

Yeah, but preferably with some way of filtering all the titles that started in Summer (late June - July) 2001.
Reply 1044
Yeah, but preferably with some way of filtering all the titles that started in Summer (late June - July) 2001.

Will this help AJ?

http://shadowrun20xx-otakuworld.blogspot.com/2009/10/ssa-2001-anime-list.html

(click on the picture for larger image)

Seems to be colour coded according to season
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1045

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/releases.php?yearmonth=2001

You can select the year & month. Is this what you're after? :hmmmm:
Original post by Truered
Will this help AJ?

http://shadowrun20xx-otakuworld.blogspot.com/2009/10/ssa-2001-anime-list.html

(click on the picture for larger image)

Seems to be colour coded according to season

That is exactly what I needed, thanks a lot! :biggrin: That is a ridiculously small season though, no wonder I only found four by searching on my own. :p:

Original post by Keoje
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/releases.php?yearmonth=2001

You can select the year & month. Is this what you're after? :hmmmm:

Not far off, except it doesn't seem to list airdates for anime, just the various VHS/DVD releases. Thanks for looking though. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1047
:smug:

I've finally finished that filler arc of one piece. Hopefully it'll go back to the watching five episodes or more in a row level of excitement I had at the start :nyoron:
Anyone like Naruto? I think it's pretty goddamn awesome. I wonder how Sasuke manages to escape. Surely Naruto and Kakashi will kill him in his current blind state. They know well enough if they let him go they will not get this chance again as he will go to Itachi take his eyes and obtain EMS.
Downloaded a load of Annie Maes for the inevitably empty summer holiday

Cowboy Bebop
Railgun
Index
Lucky Star (only if I'm desperate - watched ep1, holy crap it's terrible)
Sengoku Basara
Will be downloading that Hanasaku Iroha (?) to see what the fuss is about

I need more

also I have begun counting down days until the K-ON! movie - which is apparently going to be playing at Cannes :smug:)
Reply 1050
Original post by Georgecopter

Cowboy Bebop
Railgun
Index
Sengoku Basara

I need more

also I have begun counting down days until the K-ON! movie - which is apparently going to be playing at Cannes :smug:)

I know this isn't on topic but I'm tempted to change my surname to Maes and then name my daughter Annie :emo:

To keep it ontopic I guess I should recommend you some series then :beard:

Not sure what kinda series you're into genre wise but here's three;
Bakuman
Baka to Test to Shokanju
Beck

Decided to pick only titles starting with B :ahee:
Reply 1051

:eyebrow:hold on a bloody second, you thought lucky star was terrible yet you clearly bum k-on :wtf:

Cowboy Bebop
Railgun
Index
Sengoku Basara

I need more

I'd definitely give Lucky Star more than the one episode - the humour remains more or less as random and pointless as the choco cornet discussion, but the characters are hilarious!

Also, this.

Reply 1053
Lucky Star is brilliant! XD Then again, my type of anime is random humour. :smile:

Speaking of another random humour type anime, I've finally watched the lastest episode of Gintama (211). Holyyyy... This arc is proving to be something that'll be remembered. I've got a feeling it'll be on the level same as the Benizakura and Yoshiwara arc. This episode gave me goosebumps and throat-lumping moments. There wasn't even anything in the preview for the next episode that gives away something! Aahhh!!

Spoiler

I've started a new series as well, it's called Hakuoki. Just managed to watch the first episode and it looks promising.
Original post by ella37
I've started a new series as well, it's called Hakuoki. Just managed to watch the first episode and it looks promising.

I remember thinking the same when I sampled the first episode... then I remembered why I dislike Studio DEEN so much. :yucky:
Original post by Aiko
I use VLC, the latest version is not that bad on OS X. :nah:

fair enough, i just never like it :s-smilie:

Original post by Maths_Lover
I wasn't spamming...

well it was off topic :unimpressed:

i guess no one really cares anymore :emo: :getmecoat:

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Anyone like Naruto?

yup love Naruto :yep: latest Shippuuden ep was great :biggrin:

can you please edit your post, it sounds spoilerific :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by eugenius 8

well it was off topic :unimpressed:

i guess no one really cares anymore :emo: :getmecoat:

Sorry... i'll try not to do it again.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Anyone like Naruto? I think it's pretty goddamn awesome. I wonder how Sasuke manages to escape. Surely Naruto and Kakashi will kill him in his current blind state. They know well enough if they let him go they will not get this chance again as he will go to Itachi take his eyes and obtain EMS.

Are you talking about the chapter? Have not read yet O.o
Any way yes, I thin k Naruto was my first big manga obsession, but now I think it's gone a bit... worse, but it's still one of my favourites but now I don't think it's the best in quality, but I still love it (mainly out of loyalty) and most of my favourite anime characters are Naruto ones (Kakashi being my all time anime/manga character EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR). Yeah =/ I don't watch the anime anymore actually, but anyway, new manga chapter good?! Or wait... are you talking about anime? O.o confused. Just last manga chapter I read Sasuke was nowhere...
Original post by ella37
Lucky Star is brilliant! XD Then again, my type of anime is random humour. :smile:

It is! I have Izumi Konata as my profile pic, msn pic, desktop background... just to recognise how awesome it is. :colone:

I tried learning the dance but I have forgotten most of it, now. :emo:
Original post by Maths_Lover
Sorry... i'll try not to do it again.

You did it again. :hmmm: :p:

Meh, now that former soc chat posts count and all, the mods obviously don't have a problem with off-topic discussion taking place in this subforum. Still, it'd help to keep this thread as chat-free as possible so that questions, requests and ontopic discussion don't get buried. As long as people remember we have two threads and don't go crazy, shouldn't be too much of a problem. :smile:

Half a day late, but only read this now: Kore wa Zombie is getting a second season. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending