The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by cz100
It first introduces you to the section and gives some tips on how to answer them and follows if with quite a number of exercises. There are then answers after the exercises with explanations so it's very good. I think there's full papers at the back as well but I haven't had the chance to read that far yet :colondollar: Still got 9 exams to go.

Oh that's great then! :biggrin: Haha no worries :smile: Wow so many :eek: What subjects you take? :eek:
Reply 3221
i just opened the 600 ukcat book !! & i ****ing dont understand the quantitative questions.. i never did such maths.. soo different.. 1st question just put me off :frown:
Reply 3222
any tips how to improve quantitative questions ?? & during the exam.. i know i would sound silly, but would you be given some sort of rough paper to work out quest?? or its just basically mentally ??
Reply 3223
Original post by aqua05
any tips how to improve quantitative questions ?? & during the exam.. i know i would sound silly, but would you be given some sort of rough paper to work out quest?? or its just basically mentally ??

You get given a mini board I think :biggrin:
Original post by cz100
I find AR a test of imagination, or maybe madness, one of the two.

I find it is more a game of chance :tongue:
Reply 3225
Original post by Nator
You get given a mini board I think :biggrin:

Lets hope they do :smile: Thanks ! :smile:
Got tips of how to prepare fully for the ukcat ?
Reply 3226
Original post by Nator
Oh that's great then! :biggrin: Haha no worries :smile: Wow so many :eek: What subjects you take? :eek:

5. Definitely dropping one next year. Chinese is really a matter of sitting the exam but had to work for it this year because the A Level is a big step up.
Reply 3227
Original post by Normandy114
I find it is more a game of chance :tongue:

That's what happens when I realise my imagination/madness is inadequate for the AR exercise, at which point it become a gamble. At least it's not negatively marked.
Reply 3228
Original post by cz100
5. Definitely dropping one next year. Chinese is really a matter of sitting the exam but had to work for it this year because the A Level is a big step up.

Oh right fair enough :tongue: Chinese must be extreme! So many symbols ahhh :eek: Is the 600Q's book all you need for preparation? I mean are there like any past question papers you can do or something? :smile:
Reply 3229
Original post by aqua05
Lets hope they do :smile: Thanks ! :smile:
Got tips of how to prepare fully for the ukcat ?

They do I believe :biggrin: No prob :smile:
And like you I am just going to start now :smile:
Reply 3230
Original post by Nator
Oh right fair enough :tongue: Chinese must be extreme! So many symbols ahhh :eek: Is the 600Q's book all you need for preparation? I mean are there like any past question papers you can do or something? :smile:

Exactly why I need to cram in some revision since I haven't written in Chinese for ages. And it's one of those languages where if you forget how to write something, there's no way of guessing it by the sound or whatever.
I think there are papers online, and I recall someone posting a link for some kind of UKCAT online session where you are posted a full paper, you do it and then at a certain time there's someone online who goes through the paper live. Can't remember where that link was though but you can try google.
Reply 3231
Original post by cz100
Exactly why I need to cram in some revision since I haven't written in Chinese for ages. And it's one of those languages where if you forget how to write something, there's no way of guessing it by the sound or whatever.
I think there are papers online, and I recall someone posting a link for some kind of UKCAT online session where you are posted a full paper, you do it and then at a certain time there's someone online who goes through the paper live. Can't remember where that link was though but you can try google.

Sounds hard :s-smilie:
Oh right that's great then :biggrin: Cheers! :smile: You also going to be doing the BMAT?
Reply 3232
Original post by Nator
Sounds hard :s-smilie:
Oh right that's great then :biggrin: Cheers! :smile: You also going to be doing the BMAT?

Yep! I'm hoping more to do well in it since Cambridge is my first choice. I actually prefer it to the UKCAT after trying a specimen paper, but I did get warned the specimen's easier than the real thing.
Reply 3233
Original post by cz100
Yep! I'm hoping more to do well in it since Cambridge is my first choice. I actually prefer it to the UKCAT after trying a specimen paper, but I did get warned the specimen's easier than the real thing.

Awesome and exactly the same here! :biggrin: And yeah that's true :rolleyes:
Reply 3234
Original post by Nator
Awesome and exactly the same here! :biggrin: And yeah that's true :rolleyes:

:five: Have you decided on where else to apply yet? Ironically the only 2 choices I have decided don't require the UKCAT (Cambridge and Birmingham) but chances are my other 2 choices will since I'm not going to Liverpool.
UKCAT talk is depressing me.
Reply 3236
Original post by oHellno
UKCAT talk is depressing me.

Usually when I hear 'UKCAT' I think of your username
Original post by cz100

Original post by cz100
Usually when I hear 'UKCAT' I think of your username

LOL why? I don't talk about it that much, do I? :puppyeyes:

Edit: Haha, had a dumb moment. I get it! :redface:
Reply 3238
Original post by cz100
:five: Have you decided on where else to apply yet? Ironically the only 2 choices I have decided don't require the UKCAT (Cambridge and Birmingham) but chances are my other 2 choices will since I'm not going to Liverpool.

Good stuff! :biggrin: :five: Well thinking 1 more BMAT uni so either UCL/Imperial, and 1 outside London (maybe Nottingham or somewhere), and maybe Kings? Haven't decided yet :redface: And fair enough, so the UKCAT has no influence on unis which don't use it? Even as a reference or something, as in will they not see your score? :smile:
what sort of GCSES grades do you all have? if you dont mind me asking :smile: x

Latest

Trending

Trending