The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straight up G
You still have sandwich making duties, GO ****ING MAKE ME SANDWICH.

I didn't even learn any equations because we got given them. I sold my CGP book off first chance I got, ripped some year 10 kid off (I sold it for a tenner it costs a fiver in shops LOLOL). Essays are gay, unless it's an interesting subject. Ethics are boring as **** so ethics essays are boring and gay.

I'm sure it is, London girl? And well done? I don't know what to say really haha. Enjoy it? Was it the one that you said before (wildfire)?

Tbh, I'm sure you would. Every girl I know applying for medicine massively, massively underrates their chances, I'm sure you're not different.

Don't ****ing shout at me. You haven't learnt anything.

Hahaa oh yeah, I was keen at the beginning so made a cute poster with like all the equations in triangles :h: It was on my wall for ages haha. You're so mean. Though I plan on doing the same thing :colone: I only bought 2 revision books though, so I can't make that much monies. I agree. But apparently there's like a certain way to structure it, at least there is according to the book, so that makes it slightly better?

Haha yeah, I'm useless :redface: And yupp, it's the wildfire. I thought I'd be a complete spaz and not know how to use it but it's very simple :biggrin:

LOL thanks? I'm not underestimating myself, just trying to be realistic :redface: Seriously though, their 'academic' questions take the piss, I would just sit there like :emo:
Original post by Chat-G

Original post by Chat-G
I kkinda have a stupid question.
are we allowed to take our own calculator to the ukcat exam? or do we get given one? i heard that you get really rubbish calculators in the real exam...is that true?

You get given a completely basic one. I think they've changed things a bit now and it's going to be an onscreen one.
Reply 3282
Original post by oHellno

Original post by oHellno
You get given a completely basic one. I think they've changed things a bit now and it's going to be an onscreen one.

ok thanks, i hate using basic ones! you can't use your answer again! and there are no brackets!! and the buttons are really hard to press!! an on screen one sounds cool!
If anyone does critical thinking, could you see if you can respond to my thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=31983508&highlight=jose
Original post by Chat-G

Original post by Chat-G
ok thanks, i hate using basic ones! you can't use your answer again! and there are no brackets!! and the buttons are really hard to press!! an on screen one sounds cool!

I know, sucks. I haven't used a basic one for like ten years lol. An onscreen one sounds awful tbh, it would just waste more time.
Reply 3285
Man dunno when to book my UKCAT exam :frown: It's so hard to pick the right time to take it, has anyone here booked their slot yet?
Original post by oHellno
I know, sucks. I haven't used a basic one for like ten years lol. An onscreen one sounds awful tbh, it would just waste more time.

=/ why aren't you given brackets?

seriously, it'll be impossible to do the QR section without brackets
Original post by Nator
Man dunno when to book my UKCAT exam :frown: It's so hard to pick the right time to take it, has anyone here booked their slot yet?

i'm registering for it, but will book it for after august

i just don't want my summer to be ruined due to bad results tbh.

i'd rather have a decent summer, then be upset after
Original post by percentageincrease

=/ why aren't you given brackets?

seriously, it'll be impossible to do the QR section without brackets

Because basic calculators don't have them :nope:
Reply 3289
i'm registering for it, but will book it for after august

i just don't want my summer to be ruined due to bad results tbh.

i'd rather have a decent summer, then be upset after

Fair enough :smile: But if you're also doing the BMAT then it's hard to find a slot to do the UKCAT exam and have enough prep for it, as well as having enough prep for the BMAT (which is in November?) and the Summer is the ideal time to prepare for the BMAT, but if you do your UKCAT exam at the end of Summer then you will basically be revising for that exam for the Summer and not the BMAT. See my dilemma? :s-smilie:
Original post by oHellno
Because basic calculators don't have them :nope:

aww man

i was practising 3-5 questions from the quantitative reasoning, to be honest, it is INCREDIBLY hard, yes, there is logic, but you need to really bend your mind, be cautious

do we get paper for rough work?
Original post by Nator
Fair enough :smile: But if you're also doing the BMAT then it's hard to find a slot to do the UKCAT exam and have enough prep for it, as well as having enough prep for the BMAT (which is in November?) and the Summer is the ideal time to prepare for the BMAT, but if you do your UKCAT exam at the end of Summer then you will basically be revising for that exam for the Summer and not the BMAT. See my dilemma? :s-smilie:

:smile: a dilema that can be solved, but i see your points

the thing is, these exams can be prepared for by understanding the techniques.

to be honest, you can revise for both in my eyes

it is just practising both

don't mind what i get in either but yup

ukcat = mid august

bmat = mid november

1-2 months inbetween = enough time

but you can do this, revise both from now till then, then do the ukcat, then focus on the bmat(since you've already prepared)

aww man

i was practising 3-5 questions from the quantitative reasoning, to be honest, it is INCREDIBLY hard, yes, there is logic, but you need to really bend your mind, be cautious

do we get paper for rough work?

They are annoying. The maths itself is fine, but it's understand the question and it often requires you to make a lot of calculations.

You get a whiteboard. :rolleyes:
Reply 3293
:smile: a dilema that can be solved, but i see your points

the thing is, these exams can be prepared for by understanding the techniques.

to be honest, you can revise for both in my eyes

it is just practising both

don't mind what i get in either but yup

ukcat = mid august

bmat = mid november

1-2 months inbetween = enough time

but you can do this, revise both from now till then, then do the ukcat, then focus on the bmat(since you've already prepared)

Thanks a lot for the advice man I appreciate it! :smile:
Reply 3294
Original post by oHellno
They are annoying. The maths itself is fine, but it's understand the question and it often requires you to make a lot of calculations.

Yo HellNo you off the clock with exams?
Original post by Straight up G
9 x 5 = 45?

Living expenses are not 9k a year at uni.

Maybe that figure might be reasonable if you were to do the 6 year course at London University, but it would still be pushing it.

9 for fees, 3 for accomodation, and 3 for living costs (which is quite low). Of course some will be able to get the grant to cover most, if not all the accomodation costs, but not everyone will.

Edit - should clarify, by quite low living costs I mean it could easily be a lot more.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by A level Az
9 for fees, 3 for accomodation, and 3 for living costs (which is quite low). Of course some will be able to get the grant to cover most, if not all the accomodation costs, but not everyone will.

tbh, the fee's suck, but i'm worrying about them if i can get into medicine first:frown: which i doubt! but hey
Original post by oHellno

man i better start using a white board to practise

to be honest, even if i get a 400 average, i enjoy getting my mind kicked the hell into lol, it's fun

i like thinking

but i fail at it
Original post by oHellno

yeah from what i see, atm, today, i need to go through percentage increase/decrease, ratio's, and converting between two currencies

sure it's basic stuff, but i need to be able to do it like the back of our hands...

it's hard to decode the question...

and then, there is so much work involved in each question, and twists in each question, and traps in each...

and to top it up, you only get 30 secs a question?
tbh, the fee's suck, but i'm worrying about them if i can get into medicine first:frown: which i doubt! but hey

Can't do much about it can you :s-smilie: Still, we're a lot more privileged than other people in this world, so it's not that much of a hit if you do end up studying at a good university.

Latest

Trending

Trending