The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greenford
can anybody explain to the difference between gross primary productivity and net primary productivity....

Can some Biology genius sort out the confusion ... :smile:

from what I've learned

Gross Primary productivity- the rate at which plants convert light energy into chemical energy

Net Primary productivity- the remaining energy, after plants loose some energy through respiration...

PS is net primary productivity the energy available to primary consumers after plants loose some energy through respiration..

Oh I need to know this to
There is so much content in this module...how do you people all retain all the information?!
Reply 622
Original post by intellectual1
There is so much content in this module...how do you people all retain all the information?!

I have a printed copy of all of the answers to the specification and i have literally just written each one out over and over again until i remember it. Then keep testing myself every day on it all and if i forget any just go over it again and again. Past papers and stuff too..

You're right though - there is a lot of information, and a lot of detail! the grade boundaries last year were 65 for an A, 59 for a B out of 100.. so really quite low!! Lets hope they are that low this year ey!?

:biggrin: Good luck!!!
F211 had questions on heart and source sink sucrose...
F212 had questions on smoking, biodiversity CITES :P DNA sequence, replication etc, Photosynthesis, Starch, Cellulose...near the start those missing words to fill hmmm there was stuff about Enzymes indeed.. Coenzymes etc
F214 January had a 3 mark question on labelling parts of the brain...so anything is possible from F214 especially so...as there's only 1 hour to assess the topics...there's likely to be a few F214 questions in F215....

What do do mean by this? lol
Original post by Mcfilly

You're right though - there is a lot of information, and a lot of detail! the grade boundaries last year were 65 for an A, 59 for a B out of 100.. so really quite low!! Lets hope they are that low this year ey!?

That is good news! <sigh of relief> there is no way I can gain 80/100 given the fact I have to focus on C3 C4 M2 and Chem4 Chem5 as well:eek: Biology requires oneself to have a almost photographic memory...I've got all the spec points and answers to them as well :wink: Just ooodles of information...but hmmm something tells me big question on DNA...Meiosis etc
Original post by sportycricketer
What do do mean by this? lol

At the PhilipAllan F214 Revision conference in November...the examiners kept stressing the importance of seeing Biology as being interlinked...with Cell Signalling in F211 being relevant in F214...and many other examples...look at the paper carefully and see how some F214 content features...all the past 2804 old spec questions are very similar too...
Original post by Mcfilly
I have a printed copy of all of the answers to the specification and i have literally just written each one out over and over again until i remember it. Then keep testing myself every day on it all and if i forget any just go over it again and again. Past papers and stuff too..

Where did you get a copy of the answers to the specification, is it like ocr offical or did you do it yourself? :smile:
Original post by heartskippedabeat
Where did you get a copy of the answers to the specification, is it like ocr offical or did you do it yourself? :smile:

It is notes that some girl did and exists in this forum somewhere...for all the units :smile:
It is notes that some girl did and exists in this forum somewhere...for all the units :smile:

Ahh okay thanks :smile:
Reply 629

I did it myself using the text book and my notes! :smile:
Original post by Mcfilly
I did it myself using the text book and my notes! :smile:

Cool, yeah I was going to do that but i thought if there was a proper ocr one somewhere it would be better to use that :redface:
Never mind, more writing for me! :tongue:
Reply 631
Cool, yeah I was going to do that but i thought if there was a proper ocr one somewhere it would be better to use that :redface:
Never mind, more writing for me! :tongue:

Yeah if there was an OCR one it would have been great haha! But sadly there isn't :frown: :frown:
I made my notes as well and ever since I've read them 3-4 times and then do past papers. I'm planning to read them for the rest of the week and possibly look over the past papers I did.

At the PhilipAllan F214 Revision conference in November...the examiners kept stressing the importance of seeing Biology as being interlinked...with Cell Signalling in F211 being relevant in F214...and many other examples...look at the paper carefully and see how some F214 content features...all the past 2804 old spec questions are very similar too...

Yeah I know what you mean :smile: but I was wondering if you were telling us how F215 and 4 linked together
Reply 633
I can't find it :frown:(( i'd love an answered specification to just read through before bed :smile:

Looked through the thread but no luckk
Original post by gradu
I can't find it :frown:(( i'd love an answered specification to just read through before bed :smile:

Looked through the thread but no luckk

Haven't you made your own notes?
I wish there were more past papers for this! Two plus the specimen is not enough :frown:
Reply 636
Original post by sportycricketer
Haven't you made your own notes?

yeahh of couse :-)

But I never really thought of usin the specification as a question paper.

Exam should be fine :-)!!!
Reply 637
I wish there were more past papers for this! Two plus the specimen is not enough :frown:

paperbank and download any relevant paper ?

Tbh, read the specification and chill :smile: you'll be finee ;D
Original post by gradu
yeahh of couse :-)

But I never really thought of usin the specification as a question paper.

Exam should be fine :-)!!!

Yeah so why not use that and just remember stuff from there :smile: You can't really do anything else other than that!
They wont pose any of the spec points as a question except maybe a definition anyway :smile:
Original post by gradu
paperbank and download any relevant paper ?

Tbh, read the specification and chill :smile: you'll be finee ;D

I always get confused and do the wrong questions on the old papers :tongue: but yeah i might try it!

haha thanks, you too i'm sure :biggrin: i don't usually stress this much for exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending