The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aaron.leggott
i just can't find the motivation to revise AT ALL :'( sat here on my laptop, doing absolutely nothing as well, eurghhhh

I know :frown: It's a bit worrying really :s-smilie:
Original post by ,,,,
Lmao, i haven't touched my Xbox in time, when i finish first thing am going to be doing is playing Fifa :biggrin:, yes i know what your going to say Xbox is wimpish compared to the PS3 lol, considering you got a PS3?:s

Indeed. PS3 all the way for me :smile:

I think the only downside to black ops is the fact you can play online as pairs... my boyfriend told me to join so I did...

I've been hooked and failing exams ever since! ahah! :/

Wait, you have an xbox and call it whimpish?!?! omg, I have finally found someone who isn't a fanboy! :P LOL
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sparkie3222
Indeed. PS3 all the way for me :smile:

I think the only downside to black ops is the fact you can play online as pairs... my boyfriend told me to join so I did...

I've been hooked and failing exams ever since! ahah! :/

Wait, you have an xbox and call it whimpish?!?! omg, I have finally found someone who isn't a fanboy! :P LOL

Fanboy? OH didn't realise you were a girl because of the COD bit haha! Well a lot of people do say the ps3 is better than the xbox...If you can't beat them join them :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ,,,,
Fanboy? OH didn't realise you were a girl because of the COD bit haha! Well a lot of people do say the ps3 is better than the xbox...If you can't beat them join them :biggrin:

This isn't because I am a fangirl of PS3, but all in all the PS3 IS better than xbox. one simple point the HDcodec is built in with the Playstation... the xbox only emulates it, making the PS3 better in frame rate in games etc :P
Original post by ,,,,

And yes, I am a girl :P
This isn't because I am a fangirl of PS3, but all in all the PS3 IS better than xbox. one simple point the HDcodec is built in with the Playstation... the xbox only emulates it, making the PS3 better in frame rate in games etc :P

OH lool, the xbox is good for one thing the ps3 doesn't have, get ready for this one....

HALO :biggrin:
Reply 86
lool exam thread and people are talking about ps3 and xbox haha
Reply 87
anyway has anyone started revising, I never revise for ICT exams until 2 or 3 days before but because this module has a lot of content, may start about 10 days before.
I got
87 UMS - INFO1
95 UMS - INFO2
60/75 on the coursework(pre moderation of course), teacher was unable to tell me my UMS prediction for the coursework comparing last years boundaries therefore i'm not sure if i can get the A*
Wow you completely killed the AS modules what grade are you aiming for? Yes I have started revising for this exam (for once started 2 weeks before an exam!)..what about you? How's the preparation going?
Original post by tt123
lool exam thread and people are talking about ps3 and xbox haha

Lol just to take our minds of how boring ict is :tongue:
:ahhhhh:
:headhurts:

Kill, me. Too much to revise... not sticking in head
:ahhhhh:
:headhurts:

Kill, me. Too much to revise... not sticking in head

LOL, same here, i just looked at the jan 11 paper and a lot of things came up on strategy, legislation etc. They even asked a question on entity relationship diagrams and data/information flow diagrams :s-smilie:

What topic are you currently reading?
Original post by ,,,,
LOL, same here, i just looked at the jan 11 paper and a lot of things came up on strategy, legislation etc. They even asked a question on entity relationship diagrams and data/information flow diagrams :s-smilie:

What topic are you currently reading?

Atm I'm starting again :tongue:
I HATE THOSE DIAGRAMS D: What fun :/
Reply 93
Can someone pleaaase put some questions up about the pre release material? Like some questions that a teacher has made up or something? Or just anything (like notes/more topics) to do with the pre release :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by ,,,,
Wow you completely killed the AS modules what grade are you aiming for? Yes I have started revising for this exam (for once started 2 weeks before an exam!)..what about you? How's the preparation going?

havent started yet lol, ive got history on friday which im doing at the moment, judging by the papers ive done in class this exam can have some right unusual questions, im aiming for an A, dont know if i can get an A*, important thing ive realised with these ICT exams you dont have to nail the big question at the end to get a high mark and I HATE THIS PRE RELEASE!!!!!
Original post by tt123
havent started yet lol, ive got history on friday which im doing at the moment, judging by the papers ive done in class this exam can have some right unusual questions, im aiming for an A, dont know if i can get an A*, important thing ive realised with these ICT exams you dont have to nail the big question at the end to get a high mark and I HATE THIS PRE RELEASE!!!!!

Haha yeh that is true you don't have to get the big questiions right to get an A, considering they do ask quite a lot of questions that are worth 12, 16,18,20 marks etc...since this module is worth the most hopefully a B would be good enough to secure a B overall...as for the scenario I haven't made any notes on it and haven't gone through it in depth so will need to do that soon..hopefully the paper we get is not to ambiguous or hard
Just wondering, what book do you use to revise? The black & green essential ICT one or the white & blue aqa one? or both?
Original post by mrdoovde1
Just wondering, what book do you use to revise? The black & green essential ICT one or the white & blue aqa one? or both?

I use to the blue aqa one, don't have the green essential ict one....some other people on this thread use the green one however
Reply 98
Original post by ,,,,
I use to the blue aqa one, don't have the green essential ict one....some other people on this thread use the green one however

is the official aqa book any good, is it the one with the chinese looking girl on the cover, wee only been given the essential ICT book by doyle, and 2 fairly large booklets covering the syllabus, the aqa as book helped last year, the doyle book is just far too long and a possible big mark question considering pre release, a comparison of changing hardware and software/procedures and which would be better for Green ICT
Original post by tt123
is the official aqa book any good, is it the one with the chinese looking girl on the cover, wee only been given the essential ICT book by doyle, and 2 fairly large booklets covering the syllabus, the aqa as book helped last year, the doyle book is just far too long and a possible big mark question considering pre release, a comparison of changing hardware and software/procedures and which would be better for Green ICT

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Level-ICT-AQA-CD-ROM/dp/1905292341/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307627613&sr=8-1, that's the one we use, recommended by our teachers last year, so we have been following only this book...can the big mark question be based on the scenario? Are you talking about the very last question in section B, or the last question in section A?

Also can you take a look at the contents page in the link i posted...you can look inside to see what the book covers, and can you compare it to the book you use and to see whether it is more or less the same or different thanks :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending