The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OCSE tomorrow. ****.
Original post by Fission_Mailed

Original post by Fission_Mailed
OCSE tomorrow. ****.

Do you know what stations you have?

I've got my hip and shoulder examinations down to a tidy 3:20, allowing some spare time for panicking/forgetting what I'm meant to do next :p:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Do you know what stations you have?

I've got my hip and shoulder examinations down to a tidy 3:20, allowing some spare time for panicking/forgetting what I'm meant to do next :p:

History taking, record keeping, ethics, CV exam, resp exam, CV/resp history, adult/infant BLS, blood pressure, peak flow, JVP and peripheral pulses.
Original post by Tyraell
You'll also get the option of doing an option in Experimental Psychology, which will be a term's worth of lectures and tutorials (~8L/6T)

... I wouldn't recommend it.

does anyone actually do it? it sounds really good but like a huge amount of work
Original post by John Locke
does anyone actually do it? it sounds really good but like a huge amount of work

About one a person a year does. Then they realise their exams finish after everyone else a feel a wally.

It's not that much extra work if you take one during trinity when you're free (although not sure if you can do that now your exams have moved) and it's definitely not much extra work when you do what I did and start revising two days before (woops).

If you're considering taking it then let me know and I'll give you a list of pros and cons.
Can anyone recommend where I can order a suture kit for practising? I've come across a few sites but I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations, eg, types, prices, etc.

Thanks!
Reply 3886
In less than 24 hours my finals will be over (and I'll probably have failed!!!) How to learn 5 years of medicine in 17hrs...
Reply 3887
Original post by fortysixandtwo

Original post by fortysixandtwo
Can anyone recommend where I can order a suture kit for practising? I've come across a few sites but I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations, eg, types, prices, etc.

Thanks!

Nick some sutures, a needle holder, toothed and non-toothed forceps and practice on chicken legs, bananas, pig trotters.

You should be able to get the kit from a friendly A&E doctor or theatre staff, and use a disposable (single-use) suture kit from most wards or A&E.
I'm starting to make some progress on immunology :woo:
Reply 3889
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I'm starting to make some progress on immunology :woo:

It took me a good two and half years to understand immunology, I'm still a little shakey about hypersensitivity reactions but I'm ok as long as I don't ask too many 'why does that happen though?' :rolleyes:
Original post by visesh
Nick some sutures, a needle holder, toothed and non-toothed forceps and practice on chicken legs, bananas, pig trotters.

You should be able to get the kit from a friendly A&E doctor or theatre staff, and use a disposable (single-use) suture kit from most wards or A&E.

Good tip, though I don't have access to A&E right now. One for the future.
Reply 3891
Original post by Kinkerz
Imperial do pharmacology? Wonder if (1) it'll be open to externals and (2) whether it'll be popular with internals.

There used to be a pharmacology option several years back but it got canned, and now it's been brought back. If it runs smoothly in 2011-12 (which I hope it does!) they may increase the places available and open it up to externals for 12-13.
Original post by Ali_
There used to be a pharmacology option several years back but it got canned, and now it's been brought back. If it runs smoothly in 2011-12 (which I hope it does!) they may increase the places available and open it up to externals for 12-13.

Out of sheer curiosity, do you know the ratios of applicants/places for this years external applications?
Reply 3893
Original post by crazylemon

I really have no idea which one I want to do...

In the proper bsc fair next year all the course leaders will give talks and will be running stands, which should help.

I have a feeling not many people will want to do haem...
Reply 3894
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Out of sheer curiosity, do you know the ratios of applicants/places for this years external applications?

Im afraid not, but I know that as of last month there were still places left on cardio, endo, haem, global health, immunology, repro, resp and surgery, and that gastro, management and neuro were oversubscribed by internal students.
Reply 3895
Original post by crazylemon
Why even more so now? I know it is no longer Haemaholiday which greatly saddens me...I will look forward to the fair although some have already been crossed off :p:

Loads chose it this year even though its no longer a holiday, but I thought the S&P fiasco may dissuade people...
ARGGGHH I hate finals. SO much :frown:
OSCEs next week and then a week of dread before results. Whyyyy?
Original post by Ribbons
ARGGGHH I hate finals. SO much :frown:
OSCEs next week and then a week of dread before results. Whyyyy?

Where have you been? :O
Original post by Philosoraptor
Where have you been? :O

I've been asking myself that very question! Nyah, just placements and...stuff. I'm really not sure! :redface:

I can't believe how quickly the 5 years have gone by - I joined TSR when I was writing my personal statement!

Is everyone else exam free already?
I am exam free.....and I think I just passed all my assessments of my final year....
Many people are now bandying about the D word today but it just doesn't seem real/possible/plausible/sensible....!

Latest

Trending

Trending