The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nator
Yo HellNo you off the clock with exams?

Yeaaah. Chemistry Unit 2 was my last one :biggrin:
Original post by gozatron
Background reading on medicine as a subject or inspirational/deep insight life stories?

both :smile:
Reply 3302
Original post by Nator
Yo cz100 you done any work exp? If so how much you done and what have you done? :smile:

Yeah I've done a little bit, just a day in a hospital and 4 days in a GP. But I have a week lined up in the summer. It's not much but more than enough to write about in my PS and talk about which is really all you need.
Reply 3303
Original post by oHellno
Yeaaah. Chemistry Unit 2 was my last one :biggrin:

Ohhh kool was my second last one :redface: Done much work exp??
Reply 3304
Original post by cz100
Yeah I've done a little bit, just a day in a hospital and 4 days in a GP. But I have a week lined up in the summer. It's not much but more than enough to write about in my PS and talk about which is really all you need.

Kool sounds good :smile: Btw would you recommend when starting the 600Q book that when you read the practice questions at the end of each section to attempt them in exam time or take your time, bearing in mind the first time you try them? :smile:
Reply 3305
Original post by Nator
Kool sounds good :smile: Btw would you recommend when starting the 600Q book that when you read the practice questions at the end of each section to attempt them in exam time or take your time, bearing in mind the first time you try them? :smile:

Well I did want to try it to time, but failed spectacularly since I tried to work out every calculation on paper. Don't be disheartened if you don't get it in time at first, I think it'll come with practise. I've only done a few exercises so far.
Reply 3306
Original post by cz100
Well I did want to try it to time, but failed spectacularly since I tried to work out every calculation on paper. Don't be disheartened if you don't get it in time at first, I think it'll come with practise. I've only done a few exercises so far.

Are we meant to do the calculations in our head? And kool thanks for the advice :smile: By the way just looked at a BMAT section 2 paper and the biology is the hardest in my opinion, however the Physics seems easy! :biggrin:
Reply 3307
Original post by Nator
Are we meant to do the calculations in our head? And kool thanks for the advice :smile: By the way just looked at a BMAT section 2 paper and the biology is the hardest in my opinion, however the Physics seems easy! :biggrin:

Well you do have the calculator, and I've heard the actual test is easier than the book
Original post by cz100
Well you do have the calculator, and I've heard the actual test is easier than the book

Yeah apparently the book questions are deliberately the hardest ones so you're prepared for the worst :smile:
Reply 3309
Original post by cz100

Then it's all good
Reply 3310
is this thread for current year 11s or current year 12s?
Original post by oHellno
Don't ****ing shout at me. You haven't learnt anything.

Hahaa oh yeah, I was keen at the beginning so made a cute poster with like all the equations in triangles :h: It was on my wall for ages haha. You're so mean. Though I plan on doing the same thing :colone: I only bought 2 revision books though, so I can't make that much monies. I agree. But apparently there's like a certain way to structure it, at least there is according to the book, so that makes it slightly better?

Haha yeah, I'm useless :redface: And yupp, it's the wildfire. I thought I'd be a complete spaz and not know how to use it but it's very simple :biggrin:

LOL thanks? I'm not underestimating myself, just trying to be realistic :redface: Seriously though, their 'academic' questions take the piss, I would just sit there like :emo:

I've learnt lots actually dimwit. You're the one who clearly hasn't learnt anything because you don't respond to my shouting.

That is not cute, that is just ****ing weird. Obssessive style weird. I bought three for English and probably 2 more, so not that much more for me. And I haven't read anything about the tests properly, should get round to doing so in the summer.

I know you're useless, stop telling me these things. The HTC brand is really good, easy to use and never gives any problems, it's a good buy.

Yeah, you've got like 6 months to revise for those questions, and all of the girls I know who underestimate themselves also say that they're being 'realistic' :rolleyes:.

On a different note, got GP work experience, Care home volunteering and possibly Hospital work experience sorted today, as well as smart clothes for them (dad says I can't turn up in jeans :angry:). Did more today than every single other day after exams put together :biggrin:
Also, an on screen calculator would be hell. HELL
Fellow potential medics! How did you find the AS Levels?
I think this year is the first year where you have to declare them- so I'm assuming they could be a criterion for selection..
I know we're all supposed to be clever here, but is anyone actually confident that they got all As?
Original post by Joseppea
Yeah apparently the book questions are deliberately the hardest ones so you're prepared for the worst :smile:

Which book is this? Is it for the BMAT or UKCAT?:smile:
Reply 3315
Just finished exams today. :biggrin: Now time for looking at the UKCAT, personal statements etc...
Reply 3316
Original post by marc_h94
Fellow potential medics! How did you find the AS Levels?
I think this year is the first year where you have to declare them- so I'm assuming they could be a criterion for selection..
I know we're all supposed to be clever here, but is anyone actually confident that they got all As?

Hey there :biggrin: They weren't too bad :smile: Hbu?
And yes that's right but what exactly does it mean? Do we have to present the grades as in the letter, e.g. "A", or do we have to give the marks? :smile:
Reply 3317
Original post by marc_h94
Which book is this? Is it for the BMAT or UKCAT?:smile:

UKCAT
Original post by cz100
UKCAT

CZ, if anyone will know i think there's a chance you will have some sort of technique

basically, in the ukcat 600 book, for abstract reasoning it tells you to rule out all of the obvious patterns, but as you start ruling out the patterns, you IMMEDIATLEY run out of time to EVEN decipher what the patterns are - have you any advice for this?

for the QR section, i mean i will learn the maths to do it, but the thing is, for 30 seconds, i read the question in 15 seconds because you HAVE to, and then , i do not have time to use the onscreen calculator to do the rest:frown:

any tips? i will practise, but are there any techniques? ty
Reply 3319
Original post by oli_G

Original post by oli_G
is this thread for current year 11s or current year 12s?

Year 12's because they're the ones applying for medicine in 2012.

Latest

Trending

Trending