The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
It looks semi-terrible but I WANT IT! :awesome:

Original post by aja89
It looks semi-terrible but I WANT IT! :awesome:

I think it could be kinda funny, there's something about Cameron Diaz that makes me want to watch new films she's in. I find her slightly attractive, disturbingly :cool:
Big haul.

Spoiler

Welcome to the society and chat thread. Feel free to discuss ... films. :h:
Reply 2343
Today, I watched:
The Motorcycle Diaries
Brick (It's the second time I've watched it and I still find it confusing. Everyone talks so fast in it.)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Another week with pretty slim pickings for releases. I'd say the best option is probably French thriller Point Blank, might check this out at the weekend.

Reply 2345
I watched Kick ass yesterday it was such a good film :redface:
X-Men :coma:
Not too many great films coming out just atm, apart from Super 8 (in america anyway...), The Green Lantern in a few weeks, Win Win which is out and looks pretty good

I need to see Eat, pray, love. Even if just to see Emma Stone :horns:
Reply 2348
My exams finally end on Friday, so I'll hopefully be off to see X-Men: First Class during the weekend. :woo:
Reply 2349
Oh hai there.

Does anyone know any films with really good "fight / martial art training" scenes in the mould of Kill Bill 2 and Pei Mei? :holmes:
Reply 2350
Search #budgetremakes on Twitter.
Reply 2351
The Hangover 2. A couple of laughs out loud but not a patch on the first. The idea has already grown very old very fast and I don't think a third would be any good at all.
I would prefer Idris Elba in Django Unchained than Will Smith to be honest.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Big haul.

Spoiler

Welcome to the society and chat thread. Feel free to discuss ... films. :h:

Haha, lol, I don't even know why my post got deleted!!

Well I do. All I did was kinda talk about an exam after I done it.

10 warning points!!!! :eek:
DiCaprio apparently in talks for Django Unchained. :holmes:

Original post by n1r4v
Oh hai there.

Does anyone know any films with really good "fight / martial art training" scenes in the mould of Kill Bill 2 and Pei Mei? :holmes:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a good one.
DiCaprio apparently in talks for Django Unchained. :holmes:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a good one.

Do you know for what role? I hope he doesn't take the role that Waltz is suppose to have because Waltz, IMO, is a better actor.
Original post by Madjackismad
Do you know for what role? I hope he doesn't take the role that Waltz is suppose to have because Waltz, IMO, is a better actor.

The villain role, Calvin Candie, with Samuel L. Jackson (unconfirmed) as his right hand man. Waltz as the bounty hunter of course. Makes you wonder who Django will be. Will Smith or someone else.
(edited 12 years ago)
The villain role, Calvin Candie, with Samuel L. Jackson (unconfirmed) as his right hand man. Waltz as the bounty hunter of course. Makes you wonder who Django will be. Will Smith or someone else.

Ahh, sounds promising! I personally think Idris Elba would suit the role of Django better than Will Smith because Elba is a far better actor than Smith.
I personally would like Chiwetel Ejiofor as Django, but given Tarantino's ability to get the best out of everyone he directs I don't mind really who he picks.
I'd like to see Christoph Waltz in a nice role for a change - I've only seen 2 of his films (Inglourious Basterds and Water For Elephants) and in both he's the evil guy... anyone seen him in anything good?

I don't know much about The Three Musketeers so don't know what his character will be like in that... anyone?

Quick Reply