The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah just read about the zombie desu news :excited: though i did think the first season ended quite well :smile:

Original post by Maths_Lover
Sorry... i'll try not to do it again.

tis ok :smile: i didnt mean to sound like a pedantic old man :shakecane: :emo:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by eugenius 8
yeah just read about the zombie desu news :excited: though i did think the first season ended quite well :smile:

tis ok :smile: i didnt mean to sound like a pedantic old man :shakecane: :emo:

Oh, OK. Thanks. :cute:

By the way, how come there wasn't a third season of Ah! My Goddess, when there was supposed to be (I think)? :s-smilie:
By the way, how come there wasn't a third season of Ah! My Goddess, when there was supposed to be (I think)? :s-smilie:

I've not heard of a third series (assuming the 1993 OVA isn't counted, that is :p:), but they're bundling the Itsumo Futari de OVAs with the manga volumes at the moment. I'd say the chances of a TV show before these OVAs are done is highly unlikely.
Reply 1063
Original post by AngryJellyfish
You did it again. :hmmm: :p:

Meh, now that former soc chat posts count and all, the mods obviously don't have a problem with off-topic discussion taking place in this subforum. Still, it'd help to keep this thread as chat-free as possible so that questions, requests and ontopic discussion don't get buried. As long as people remember we have two threads and don't go crazy, shouldn't be too much of a problem. :smile:

Half a day late, but only read this now: Kore wa Zombie is getting a second season. :biggrin:

:hahaha:

hmmm not that bothered about zobie :desu::s-smilie: but hopefully it would be more of the earlier eps:hmmm: rather than that boring serious business stuff :yawn:
I've not heard of a third series (assuming the 1993 OVA isn't counted, that is :p:), but they're bundling the Itsumo Futari de OVAs with the manga volumes at the moment. I'd say the chances of a TV show before these OVAs are done is highly unlikely.

I see. I shall look forward to it, then (if it ever happens). :biggrin:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

Spoiler

Spoiler your comment like above so that it doesn't ruin it for those who haven't got that far and the comment you posted was extra-spoilerific :tongue:
But anyway, of course! Naruto was one of my first anime loves along with One Piece. At first I thought it looked odd but eventually everyone catches Naruto fever - I even got some friends into anime who previously thought little of it just by showing them Naruto. Mind - it is a heavy shonen anime, but nonetheless a great one!

Original post by ella37
Lucky Star is brilliant! XD Then again, my type of anime is random humour. :smile:

I loved Lucky Star :rofl: Maybe not something I should be admitting :ninja: but I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculously random stuff that came up in Lucky Star.

Speaking of another random humour type anime, I've finally watched the lastest episode of Gintama (211). Holyyyy... This arc is proving to be something that'll be remembered. I've got a feeling it'll be on the level same as the Benizakura and Yoshiwara arc. This episode gave me goosebumps and throat-lumping moments. There wasn't even anything in the preview for the next episode that gives away something! Aahhh!!

Gintama is my all time favourite comedy anime. It is simply amazing - I don't know how one person can come up with that much random, idiotic and often childish humour but Sorachi Hideaki does it excellently. I don't think I have watched a gintama episode where I haven't rolled around laughing :laugh: wThe Arcs are always a welcome change. And I was relieved to hear that the episodes are resuming :woo: Also, I love the voices; Kagura's voice, Shinpachi's voice and Hijikata's voice are simply great but obviously Gin's voice is the best.

:teehee:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1066
the character entry for kaiji :rofl:
Kaiji ITO
tags: Adult, Crybaby, Gambler, Poor, Smoker

:laugh: and the picture of him is when he's crying :mmm:

C was again interesting:beard: things are really changing, and plans are being set in motion
(edited 12 years ago)

Original post by vin
the character entry for kaiji :rofl:

:laugh: and the picture of him is when he's crying :mmm:

C was again interesting:beard: things are really changing, and plans are being set in motion

Coincidently, a friend recently recommended this to me and I started it 2 days ago and so far it is very interesting :yes: I like Kaiji and the story looks deep, I think it may turn out to be a favourite if it stays clever. :beard:
watched the 4 leaf clover naruto ova :giggle: :cute: tis good i left these and the movies out when i marathoned through naruto, tis nice watching one of these in a while :h:

just started watching Seitokai Yakuindomo, some of the jokes :laugh: especially the prez's :mmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
[getsshot]I'm finishing watching the Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo OVAs right now, and they're leaving me completely unmoved. I don't know or like the new characters, the Americans haven't shown up since the second episode, the bad guys have no motivation and basically it feels like I'm watching a Michael Bay-directed instance of Getter Robo.[/getsshot]

- Pips
Original post by vin
:eyebrow:hold on a bloody second, you thought lucky star was terrible yet you clearly bum k-on :wtf:

Listen, K-ON is the finest work of art ever crafted by human hands.

Half a day late, but only read this now: Kore wa Zombie is getting a second season.

Awwwwwww yeah
Ano Hana 8 :cry2:

Spoiler

Original post by Georgecopter

:eek2: get ready for a good raping :teehee:
Reply 1072
Original post by Georgecopter

Original post by eugenius 8
Ano Hana 8 :cry2:

I did wonder that from the beginning actually.

Next up I guess she will have to wear a sheet around like a real ghost

:eek2: get ready for a good raping :teehee:

I don't understand why 90% of the K-ON GIFs I have are Yui based. Same goes with images - I try to save as much Mio as I can and only save the good Yui pics yet her folder is almost as big

:frown:
Reply 1074
I hate to disapoint you guys but Im not touching this.:indiff: I recomend you go and read my review in my voice.:yes:
Reply 1075
Original post by vin
I hate to disapoint you guys but Im not touching this.:indiff: I recomend you go and read my review in my voice.:yes:

And what a review it was… A few highlights:

"K-ON 2/5 Piece of crap. "

"When crap like this is popular, KyoAni don't need to work a day in their lives.:sigh: Their random moe generator can do it all for them."

"My god this series was ****."

"Animation: I thought this was plain and ****."

"I thought it looked like a load of bull urine so wouldnt have touched it. But some people ...who arnt moe fags and ...usually have some sense said good things about it, a few people including Onee-sama(:puppyeyes:) compared it to Beck.:s: Beck was ******* awesome, K-ON is ******* ****."

"And for being highly irritating thing to write the series is now at 0/5 that's right lower than Kekko Kamen.:proud:"

For the full review, in all of its majestic glory:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20623683&postcount=878
Reply 1076
It is! I have Izumi Konata as my profile pic, msn pic, desktop background... just to recognise how awesome it is. :colone:

I tried learning the dance but I have forgotten most of it, now. :emo:

Hahaha, wow that's dedication. :biggrin:
Does your desktop background happen to be the Windows XP wallpaper with Konata on it? XD I used to have that for some time. It sort of creeped out anyone who saw it. :colone:

I remember thinking the same when I sampled the first episode... then I remembered why I dislike Studio DEEN so much. :yucky:

I'm currently on episode 4 and I'm liking it! I don't really understand the story much, but it still seems interesting. :biggrin: I'm liking the character drawings as well. Fangirling over the Shinsengumi guys. Ah.
May I ask what you didn't like about it?

Original post by Facticity

I loved Lucky Star :rofl: Maybe not something I should be admitting :ninja: but I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculously random stuff that came up in Lucky Star.

Gintama is my all time favourite comedy anime. It is simply amazing - I don't know how one person can come up with that much random, idiotic and often childish humour but Sorachi Hideaki does it excellently. I don't think I have watched a gintama episode where I haven't rolled around laughing :laugh: wThe Arcs are always a welcome change. And I was relieved to hear that the episodes are resuming :woo: Also, I love the voices; Kagura's voice, Shinpachi's voice and Hijikata's voice are simply great but obviously Gin's voice is the best.

:teehee:

Nothing wrong with liking Lucky Star! :biggrin:

I agree! At first I used to think the humour was a little OTT with all the screaming and such. But I've come to love it! Now I can't get enough of it. One episode = a week's worth of laughter for me. Haha. I wish more people would watch this. Many drop it after a few episodes, unfortunately. :frown:

Look at my signature, Gin's seiyuu <3 xD I find Shinpachi's voice annoying though. Actually his character is annoying. ¬_¬ But, after 200+ episodes, you get used to him. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko

For the full review, in all of its majestic glory:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20623683&postcount=878

A+++++++++ would read again

you forgot one thing though

Spoiler

Original post by ella37
I'm currently on episode 4 and I'm liking it! (Hakuouki) I don't really understand the story much, but it still seems interesting. :biggrin: I'm liking the character drawings as well. Fangirling over the Shinsengumi guys. Ah.
May I ask what you didn't like about it?

I was also drawn in by the premise, mystery, and fairly decent animation (especially for DEEN). Then it began to get boring. What got me worst of all was that EVERY FIGHT against the main villains ended with them running away after a few sword swings... so there was little action and no real excitement. :s: But meh, I'm not the target audience, and maybe the sequel (which I haven't seen) might improve on all that.

In other, unrelated news... NEW COMPUTER OMG!!! I can play 720p (maybe even 1080?) anime without lag. This is the best thing EVER!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1079

I have nendoroids of all five main characters.

And a figma and plushie of Azunyan.

If that doesn't send vin over the edge, he has mellowed out :yes:

My manga arrived today :excited: Bunny drop becomes yet another series I collect. I bought the first volume about two weeks ago, only read the first chapter and could tell I'd like it :mmm: (I'd been meaning to read it before my next order to decide if I should get 2 and 3 :awesome: )

Latest