The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Would anyone mind doing question 7 on this sheet:

http://www.creative-chemistry.org.uk/alevel/module5/documents/N-ch5-03.pdf

As it doesn't have the answers, but would be good to compare!
Original post by haydyb123
Head up, what's wrong? :smile:

Just everything to do with chemistry right now :cry2:. In terms of past papers which ones have you done (from the old spec im assuming you've done the new ones? lol)
Original post by blush.ox
Just everything to do with chemistry right now :cry2:. In terms of past papers which ones have you done (from the old spec im assuming you've done the new ones? lol)

Hmm I've done quite a few, most of the unifying concepts, trends and patterns, and transition metals. Some of the stuff is irrelevant so don't get disheartened by seeing something you can't do.
Reply 503

a)0.047mol dm3 (my bad, didnt read question properly)
b)0.01175
c)10.095% Fe, so yes it will "kill em all"
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 504
When calculating Kc do we do any heterogeneous equilibria or is it all homogenous
Guys, do we need to know how to do water of crystallisation? I hate that :s-smilie:
Original post by nyeem
When calculating Kc do we do any heterogeneous equilibria or is it all homogenous

Says just homogenous in the book, also does in the spec too i think xD

Original post by INeedToRevise
Guys, do we need to know how to do water of crystallisation? I hate that :s-smilie:

Tz in one of the examples in the book, i would go over it if i were you :redface:

Tz in one of the examples in the book, i would go over it if i were you :redface:

Another thing to go over :frown:
Hows revision going?
I really hope we get an easy paper, born haber cycles :biggrin: and no redox titrations :ahhhhh: haha
Out of curiosity, how different are the calculations of Kc for heterogeneous equilibria?
Original post by ViralRiver
Out of curiosity, how different are the calculations of Kc for heterogeneous equilibria?

I don't think thats in the spec
Another thing to go over :frown:
Hows revision going?
I really hope we get an easy paper, born haber cycles :biggrin: and no redox titrations :ahhhhh: haha

All over soon i guess :redface: revision is going terrible, although i've just printed about 4 past papers and i feel slightly better, dont know how i'll do on them though :teehee:. Born haber cycles hopefully and something along the lines of entropy etc :ahee:. Hows it going for you?
Reply 511

you sure you can't get the asnwers for this?
Reply 512
Original post by wilsea05
a)0.001175moles
b)0.01175
c)10.095% Fe, so yes it will "kill em all"

in (a) is 0.001175 mol the same as 0.001175 mol per dm^3 because it asks for conc.? sorry if this is a stupid qu.
Reply 513
Original post by Teva
in (a) is 0.001175 mol the same as 0.001175 mol per dm^3 because it asks for conc.? sorry if this is a stupid qu.

my bad, i didnt read the question properly and didnt convert it to conc. it should be 0.047mol dm3?
All over soon i guess :redface: revision is going terrible, although i've just printed about 4 past papers and i feel slightly better, dont know how i'll do on them though :teehee:. Born haber cycles hopefully and something along the lines of entropy etc :ahee:. Hows it going for you?

Its ok I guess. Yep, born haber and entropy :crossedf: This is the one I'm most worried about :frown: Cannot believe how quickly it has come. I really have had enough of revision now. Three more weeks though. :cry2:
my bad, i didnt read the question properly and didnt convert it to conc. it should be 0.047mol dm3?

:woo: thats what I got. When I saw your previous post, I was so annoyed I got it wrong. Haha :biggrin:
Original post by sportycricketer
I don't think thats in the spec

That's why I'm curious:tongue:
Original post by touran22
you sure you can't get the asnwers for this?

Original post by Teva

:woo: thats what I got. When I saw your previous post, I was so annoyed I got it wrong. Haha :biggrin:

Yeah I got the same as Wilsea05 and probably all of you :smile:
0.047 mol dm-3
0.01175 moles
10.09% they will die, poor plants :bandit:
Its ok I guess. Yep, born haber and entropy :crossedf: This is the one I'm most worried about :frown: Cannot believe how quickly it has come. I really have had enough of revision now. Three more weeks though. :cry2:

I really hope it'll be ok and lowish grade boundries will help :redface:. I havent looked at F324 for ages :zomg:.
I really hope it'll be ok and lowish grade boundries will help :redface:. I havent looked at F324 for ages :zomg:.

Hmm, I liked the June 2010 paper and that was pretty low boundaries like 71 for an A. I think something like that would be good.

Dont even mention F324 haha :sad:. I'm gonna have to cram like crazy on wednesday evening and thursday.

Quick Reply