The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

This thread is still going? :s-smilie:
Original post by barzy_j
Ah ok, we are too, 3 weeks of college work on A2 before summer holidays..

And yeah, I didn't like the question..

And HSW is hard because it relies on common sense, and it's not a matter of having it or not, it's just realising stuff quickly and making it make sense - if this made any sense to you, I will be proud of myself :biggrin:

We're back to school next Wednesday.... I'm guessing you lot get a tad longer off? :o: I'm kind of excited though, we'll be able to go to lessons and learn without stressing about getting content done in time for exams!

Same... I didn't like any question tbh... every question I've discussed I've dropped at least one mark from haha.

I know what you mean (so be proud of yourself :biggrin:), you have to be able to articulate it... especially the control group questions and that question about finding out whether athlete's OBG level was above av... I was just like WTF, AQA. My 10 year old sister could answer this, what do you want me to say exactly? :curious:
Original post by barzy_j

Original post by barzy_j
I can't remember the question in full, did it ask what higher temps suggest? I am sure it says how is temperature used to calculate %.. anyway, the table question, you didn't get tricked did you? The highest % wasn't the two species most closely related because they already were the same species

Lolz, I wonder how many people fell for it :holmes:

Anyways, for the question asking on conditions to keep constant, would it be conditions that affect transpiration such as temprature, humidity, wind movement, light intensity etc?
Reply 2103
Original post by barzy_j
Ah ok, we are too, 3 weeks of college work on A2 before summer holidays..

And yeah, I didn't like the question..

And HSW is hard because it relies on common sense, and it's not a matter of having it or not, it's just realising stuff quickly and making it make sense - if this made any sense to you, I will be proud of myself :biggrin:

you know for that question your saying i got tricked on lol how did you asnwer it then
Reply 2104
Original post by swiftylol
Lolz, I wonder how many people fell for it :holmes:

Anyways, for the question asking on conditions to keep constant, would it be conditions that affect transpiration such as temprature, humidity, wind movement, light intensity etc?

yes i mentioned them factors
Reply 2105
Original post by barzy_j
I didn't say you was tricked, it was a question.. and I think I got the two species top of the table or something, wasn't the highest percentage of them all but the highest between 2 different species, it came up on another past paper

lol thats what i got lmao but im talking about a different question never mind what did you right for the explanation bit
Original post by Introverted moron
Sorry, what question was this? :redface:

I've forgotten the context of my reply and can't be bothered to trawl through the thread to search it out. :tongue:

If it was something about frogs' eggs and pesticides, which I think it was, then a large surface area to volume ratio means that the pesticide diffuses more rapidly into the organism and so, this effect is more pronounced as frogs' eggs are small.

Not entirely sure what the question was, but the answer was probably something along those lines.

Lol oops sorry for being unclear... But wow that was the question, thanks!! :smile: And i got it wrong :frown: I'd never seen a question like it :s-smilie: But it's ok... hopefully apart from that it went ok *fingers crossed*
Reply 2107
Original post by James A
yeah thats exactly it !! some people tend to go overboard for the extra marks, when actually they score full marks for saying starch is insoluble and has no osmotic effects.

I don't think I write the 'no osmotic effect' thing.
I wrote its insoluble then couldn't think of a way to say that theres no effect aha. Fail.
Ah well :smile:
Thanks for the reassurance though!
Reply 2108
Original post by Jeshiii
I wrote its insoluble then couldn't think of a way to say that theres no effect aha. Fail.

what did you get for that 2 mark antibiotic questions and the last one
Original post by Jeshiii

yeah unlucky :P, the key word is osmosis for most of the osmosis related questions lol, what grde you hoping for ?
Reply 2110
Original post by James A
yeah unlucky :P, the key word is osmosis for most of the osmosis related questions lol, what grde you hoping for ?

Ahaa yeah I knew I should have wrote it and I meant to come back but for some reason I never even though I did on all the others.
Ermm, I got a D last time so i'm hoping for a B really, id still be happy with a C though.
How about yourself?
Original post by Jeshiii
Ahaa yeah I knew I should have wrote it and I meant to come back but for some reason I never even though I did on all the others.
Ermm, I got a D last time so i'm hoping for a B really, id still be happy with a C though.
How about yourself?

im first time, im hoping for an A/B. i badly need an AAB minimum for my A-Levels for Pharmacy
Reply 2112
Original post by James A
im first time, im hoping for an A/B. i badly need an AAB minimum for my A-Levels for Pharmacy

what did you put for that 4 mark homoglobain question lol athlete one
This thread is still going?
Wow..
Original post by kingam
what did you put for that 4 mark homoglobain question lol athlete one

can't remember it, when i do i'll get back to you.
Reply 2115
Original post by James A
can't remember it, when i do i'll get back to you.

allright it was an athlete one lol something along how do more red blood cells .
Reply 2116
Original post by barzy_j
Increased conc of haem - more red blood cells - more oxygen carried to actively respiring tissues during exercuse - oxygen needed for aerobic respiration.. Although I think I forgot to put aerobic, I think..

allright thanks i put more homoglobian more red blood cells more homoglobian can unload to respiring cell . don't think that will be four marks
Reply 2117
Original post by barzy_j
You would have don't worry sometimes you forget what you have wrote and you got the marks, the boundaried for this better be low, I will be happy to scrape an A I just need an A on UCAS,!

my teacher has marked the paper and in class she was telling us they wont change much from june 2010 she said most people messed up the frog question and thats it
Reply 2118
Original post by James A

I wish I could even consider hoping to get grades that good aha.
I hate biology tbh, I seem to know pretty much all of it in lesson, always get an A on most mocks, can answer most questions the teachers ask me, yet still do **** on results day. Its horrible.
Good luck to you!
What Uni you hopin to get into?
Original post by Jeshiii
I wish I could even consider hoping to get grades that good aha.
I hate biology tbh, I seem to know pretty much all of it in lesson, always get an A on most mocks, can answer most questions the teachers ask me, yet still do **** on results day. Its horrible.
Good luck to you!
What Uni you hopin to get into?

hi, yes, im not 100 percent sure but right now it will be east anglia, huddersfield, portsmouth, brighton and Hertfordshire. youu??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending