Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Accomodation ! and Entry Requirements

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by FTstudies
Unfortunately it's all cabled as far as I know. My flatmate brought a wireless router with her and those with laptops connect to it, so hopefully someone in your flat will also do the same.

Yeahh, my friend started doing Business and is now doing Philosophy out of randomness.

Ahh right :smile: So as long as I can get on to a course at Reading I should manage to end up doing history, if all fails with the whole english crisis :frown: School wrote a letter explaing that the teacher was crap etc, are they likely to take any notice of it - seeing as it came from the Head? xx
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 21
Sorry to keep questioning you - but what do you think the chance of Reading being in clearing is? Was it last year? I just hope history isnt over subscribed :frown: x
Original post by Hannah...
Sorry to keep questioning you - but what do you think the chance of Reading being in clearing is? Was it last year? I just hope history isnt over subscribed :frown: x

It was in clearing last year - History and English I think was - but I don't remember History being there and wouldn't like the odds of it being there this year when admission is even more competitive.

Worrying will do you little good at this point unfortunately, you will just have to hope for the best and get up very early on results day so you can but the paper and circle History courses (at Reading) such that, if you are unlucky and they do not accept you, you can act swiftly - as many other people will doubtless be doing.
Reply 23
Original post by paddy__power
It was in clearing last year - History and English I think was - but I don't remember History being there and wouldn't like the odds of it being there this year when admission is even more competitive.

Worrying will do you little good at this point unfortunately, you will just have to hope for the best and get up very early on results day so you can but the paper and circle History courses (at Reading) such that, if you are unlucky and they do not accept you, you can act swiftly - as many other people will doubtless be doing.

It's in The Telegraph isn't it?

Just got everything crossed, and hope they understand my situation.

Do you know if they get to see each module's results or just the overall marks?

Thanks for all your help x
It's in The Telegraph isn't it?

Just got everything crossed, and hope they understand my situation.

Do you know if they get to see each module's results or just the overall marks?

Thanks for all your help x

I think it's The Independent.

They may understand the situation, but whether or not they feel it sufficiently mitigates the result is another matter. Only time will tell.

Do you mean for AS or when they get your overall results?

No problem :smile:
Reply 25
I think it's The Independent.

They may understand the situation, but whether or not they feel it sufficiently mitigates the result is another matter. Only time will tell.

Do you mean for AS or when they get your overall results?

No problem :smile:

Ahh right :smile:

Errm i mean do they get your modular results for every single module for AS and A2? as on the form you just put your overall grade? Because if they get all my results they'll be able to see that the cwk is the only differing result - by 3 grades :frown:

I need to stop stressing over everything and just deal with it - sorry me ranting :frown:
Ahh right :smile:

Errm i mean do they get your modular results for every single module for AS and A2? as on the form you just put your overall grade? Because if they get all my results they'll be able to see that the cwk is the only differing result - by 3 grades :frown:

I need to stop stressing over everything and just deal with it - sorry me ranting :frown:

No, they only get the grades. Just be up early, have the paper hours before you can be at school (persuade them to open at 9!) and be on the phone as soon as you can. If you can't access your UCAS to see if you have been accepted call Reading as soon as they open, the very minute, and find out and, while you are on the phone, ask what other courses they have on offer.

You need to be swift and decisive in the worst case scenarios :smile:
Reply 27
No, they only get the grades. Just be up early, have the paper hours before you can be at school (persuade them to open at 9!) and be on the phone as soon as you can. If you can't access your UCAS to see if you have been accepted call Reading as soon as they open, the very minute, and find out and, while you are on the phone, ask what other courses they have on offer.

You need to be swift and decisive in the worst case scenarios :smile:

Well school apparently opens at 8.30 for results but will take a while to get them cz of the queues etc. so just ring Reading at 9 then? Or will they open earlier? And its the admissions tutor for english and history I need to be ringing?

As long as i get a course at Reading somewhere in Humanities i'm not bothered, at least I'll be there and can change after :smile: xxx
Well school apparently opens at 8.30 for results but will take a while to get them cz of the queues etc. so just ring Reading at 9 then? Or will they open earlier? And its the admissions tutor for english and history I need to be ringing?

As long as i get a course at Reading somewhere in Humanities i'm not bothered, at least I'll be there and can change after :smile: xxx

They will have a clearing line, and if not you just ring the admissions office to see if you're in or not (you may have been able to access your UCAS by then and will know). If you're not in then you need to make a decision between calling and begging for them to accept you (almost always pointless) and applying fast through clearing. If there is something you like the look of in clearing then this decision will be easy :smile:

You can mitigate the poor grade by over-achieving in other subjects as well.
Reply 29
Hi - also consider either Kendrick Hall or Crown House.. All rooms are en-suite and have wireless network, utility bills and insurance included in the price.

Visit http://www.unite-students.com/studentvillage

Kendrick Hall is brand new for 2011/12 and sits right next to the campus.
Does anybody have a picture of greenow hall ? - i applied late so all most of the other ensuites were gone ...
Hi, I applied to some crappy unis and know I got better ad want to try for Reading through clearing (for History). How likely am I to get in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending