The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yoghurt
Going by Mr Moffat's Twitter, the Doctor that is dead is definitely not a ganger... Phew!

steven_moffat: How would a flesh Doctor fool River Song? She scanned him.

steven_moffat: Plus, if River found out there was a way of making extra Doctors, she'd be too busy making plans...

Oh god, I love Moffat :')
Reply 5401
On the subject of the Doctor being the same but different when he reincarnates I've really found, especially when looking back at older episodes from the modern series', a real continuity between the way he's been portrayed. Kinda think it's testimony to Eccleston/Tennant/Smiths' acting ability that even though they've all portrayed doctors with different personalities I feel like I'm watching reincarnations of the same person. Just certain mannerisms & the way they react to certain events & memories, things like that, add a bit of believability to the whole thing :cute:
Original post by boba
are there only 3 seasons of torchwood?

Yes. There are two 'full' series, with about 13 episodes in each, and then there was a 5 part series called Children of Earth.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5403
Original post by shootforstars
Yes. There are two 'full' series, with about 13 episodes in each, and then there was a 5 part series called Children of Time.

Children of Earth, not Children of Time.
One of Moffat's tweets:

She really died, only an echo was saved. There ya go: he's dead, and so's she - beat that for starcrossed!

He was referring to River and then the Doctor...Starcrossed? So they are lovers? :clap2: :love:
Original post by Gemini92
Children of Earth, not Children of Time.

That would be the one! I should stop doing two things at once!
Original post by Stargatecrazy
One of Moffat's tweets:

He was referring to River and then the Doctor...Starcrossed? So they are lovers? :clap2: :love:

This brought a song lyric to my head :biggrin:

"We could be perfect one last night
And die like starcrossed lovers when we fight"
Reply 5407
In regards to the ad for the Autumn half, maybe... just maybe... could the skeleton be River Song? She owns a green sonic screwdriver, and gets turned into a skeleton in the Library iirc. Far fetched but plausible?
Reply 5408
Original post by MatCas
In regards to the ad for the Autumn half, maybe... just maybe... could the skeleton be River Song? She owns a green sonic screwdriver, and gets turned into a skeleton in the Library iirc. Far fetched but plausible?

The screwdriver she had in the Library episodes was blue (with red settings) and she wasn't turned into a skeleton by the Vashta Nerada, she died because she used her own memory to save the people who were trapped in the computer.
I wonder...will River meet Tennant's Doctor? She mentions a birthday with two Doctors, and a birthday with the famous man-whore the 10th Doctor would be her perfect gift really. Plus they've already said he'll be in episode 13. Woop!
Original post by snowyowl
This brought a song lyric to my head :biggrin:

"We could be perfect one last night
And die like starcrossed lovers when we fight"

"And we could settle this affair
If you would shed your yellow, take my hand"

:awesome: The Doctor listens to MCR now. MCR are cool.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Oncoming Storm
I wonder...will River meet Tennant's Doctor? She mentions a birthday with two Doctors, and a birthday with the famous man-whore the 10th Doctor would be her perfect gift really. Plus they've already said he'll be in episode 13. Woop!

She did meet Tennant, when we first meet her on the day she dies in the library. And she commented on how young he was (presumably because all her experiences up until that point are 11th doctor+).
Reply 5412
@sam_hodges: #DoctorWho is returning. Fourteen new episodes have been commissioned with Matt Smith as The Doctor #bbc1

:woo:

Steven Moffat: 14 eps + Matt DEFINITELY. I've got a plan and I'm NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IT IS. Now hush or River shoots you with her Spoiler Gun.#formaqueue
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Yoghurt
@sam_hodges: #DoctorWho is returning. Fourteen new episodes have been commissioned with Matt Smith as The Doctor #bbc1

:woo:

Steven Moffat: 14 eps + Matt DEFINITELY. I've got a plan and I'm NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IT IS. Now hush or River shoots you with her Spoiler Gun.#formaqueue

Damn, you just beat me to it :p:

:biggrin:
Original post by Mr.Messy

:biggrin:

That's bloody brilliant! :awesome:
Ahww I went from 21 rep to 0 in a day -.- anyway to the above.. Torchwood Children of Earth counted as a series because they were an hour long each, the torchwood series were 45 minutes :smile: and Miracle Day is going to be amazing <3
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
"And we could settle this affair
If you would shed your yellow, take my hand"

:awesome: The Doctor listens to MCR now. MCR are cool.

Of course. They're up there with fezzes and bow ties :awesome:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending