The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellie-wellie
I noticed on a previous post of yours that you managed to forward all your e-mails from your gmail account to you hotmail account, how did you go that?
Thanks!

Go on the top right hand side of your email account and click the thing that looks like a cog, press mail settings and then click fowarding and POP IMAP at the top, then where it says forwarding activate the bit where it says 'Forward a copy of incoming mail to...' and put your email address in there. Then scroll down, press save changes and you're done! :biggrin:
Hope that makes sense!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I noticed on a previous post of yours that you managed to forward all your e-mails from your gmail account to you hotmail account, how did you go that?
Thanks!

I will say though that autoforwarding does not always solve the problem. Hotmail will still see that it is from an @uea.ac.uk address. If we have been banned from sending these will not make it through either and you could still miss your offer. This will happen even if we are on your safe senders list too.

We just really don't recommend using microsoft as your incoming box (in any way) for any UEA emails.
Original post by UEAAccommodation
I will say though that autoforwarding does not always solve the problem. Hotmail will still see that it is from an @uea.ac.uk address. If we have been banned from sending these will not make it through either and you could still miss your offer. This will happen even if we are on your safe senders list too.

We just really don't recommend using microsoft as your incoming box (in any way) for any UEA emails.

... so if you change your email address do you update details on UCAS?
Original post by goofy-blues
... so if you change your email address do you update details on UCAS?

That won't change the email address on your accommodation application. If you want to change the address we have for you after you have made your application you will need to contact the Accommodation Office directly and we can try to do this for you on our systems.

Due to the way the system works it is actually quite difficult to do this and it is possible that when offers are made it may default back to the address you used for your application. Even if we do try to change it over you may still have to check the one you used when you first made your accommodation application.

We are not anticipating any problems with Microsoft this year, but again this is another reason why we ask you to read everything carefully before you apply and not to use them.
That won't change the email address on your accommodation application. If you want to change the address we have for you after you have made your application you will need to contact the Accommodation Office directly and we can try to do this for you on our systems.

Due to the way the system works it is actually quite difficult to do this and it is possible that when offers are made it may default back to the address you used for your application. Even if we do try to change it over you may still have to check the one you used when you first made your accommodation application.

We are not anticipating any problems with Microsoft this year, but again this is another reason why we ask you to read everything carefully before you apply and not to use them.

Ok, thanks. I haven't applied for accommodation yet (waiting for exams to finish). If i update on UCAS before i've applied will it be ok?
Ok, thanks. I haven't applied for accommodation yet (waiting for exams to finish). If i update on UCAS before i've applied will it be ok?

UCAS has nothing to do with accomodation. When you apply for accomodation you list an email address which can be any one of your choosing.

That ought to be OK, yes. But to be honest the two email addresses are not connected. You pick which email you want to use when you make your accommodation application.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by diamonddust
Go on the top right hand side of your email account and click the thing that looks like a cog, press mail settings and then click fowarding and POP IMAP at the top, then where it says forwarding activate the bit where it says 'Forward a copy of incoming mail to...' and put your email address in there. Then scroll down, press save changes and you're done! :biggrin:
Hope that makes sense!

Thank you!

I'll still check my gmail account too, I'm very careful like that!

Sorry if this is stupid, but is gmail a microsoft inbox?
Thank you!

I'll still check my gmail account too, I'm very careful like that!

Sorry if this is stupid, but is gmail a microsoft inbox?

No , gmail is Google.
Reply 1589
I have all my UEA email forwarded to my Gmail account which I then open with Outlook.

Seems to work very well.
Frikin Hotmail - better not screw me over

maybe i can slip UEAAccomModation a coupla quid to save me a room... ha
(edited 12 years ago)
I seriously wish people would learn to spell accommodation :sigh:
That ought to be OK, yes. But to be honest the two email addresses are not connected. You pick which email you want to use when you make your accommodation application.

oh all right. thanks very much
Finally managed to jump on the accommodation application band wagon. :h:

I chose Ensuite Premium as first choice, then the village. It was a tough choice for 3rd and 4th between the Ziggerats and two person studio flat, but I picked the Ziggerats 3rd... I really hope I get my top choice though. I'd like the village too, but I really don't want to have to share a bathroom...

Now I've just got to get the grades! Good luck to everyone still doing exams! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1594
Gonna create a new, non-hotmail account and do my accommodation tomorrow.

Thinking ziggernauts first and then village. Unsure about the others yet.

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

I think you should learn to be more accomodating of peoples spelling. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ThePurpleRose

I chose Ensuite Premium as first choice, then the village. It was a tough choice for 3rd and 4th between the Ziggernauts and two person studio flat, but I picked the Ziggernauts 3rd... I really hope I get my top choice though. I'd like the village too, but I really don't want to have to share a bathroom...

Now I've just got to get the grades! Good luck to everyone still doing exams! :biggrin:

Its ziggerats :redface: But hey we have the same first and second choices. I would have put the Ziggerats 3rd if it wasn't for the fact you share a bathroom with more people.
Original post by Jakelee

Original post by Jakelee
Thinking ziggernauts first and then village. Unsure about the others yet.
I think you should learn to be more accomodating of peoples spelling. :colone:

I think not. And they're ziggurats :p:
Original post by ThePurpleRose

I chose Ensuite Premium as first choice, then the village. It was a tough choice for 3rd and 4th between the Ziggernauts and two person studio flat, but I picked the Ziggernauts 3rd... I really hope I get my top choice though. I'd like the village too, but I really don't want to have to share a bathroom...

Man if I choose the village you have a nice trek for advice/food :wink: haha I'm kidding.
Do we have to give a preference for each type of accommodation? Because after the main three I do not have a clue (/not interested)

Good luck to you too, have you done your French exam yet, if so how did it go?

*checks spelling as you guys have gone nazi over it* :tongue:
Reply 1598
I think not. And they're ziggurats :p:

Lol, I copied someones (wrong) spelling. :frown:

Forgive me.

Is this the thread where everyone talks about their ackommadayshun?

Sorry, I had to.

Latest

Trending

Trending