The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
I dont understand why this would make people unhappy except for some bizarre irrational abstract reason underpinned by racism and/or ignorance

I'd like to understand though
Original post by exe
I dont understand why this would make people unhappy except for some bizarre irrational abstract reason underpinned by racism and/or ignorance

Because its a white country, and you want to make it... not white, thats why the people of the white country would be unhappy, get it now?
Reply 442
Original post by ForeverIsMyName
No, it equates to you knowing absolutely nada about politics and democratic theory. I would suggest a book.

Why do you think nobody uses direct democracy to make decisions like this in the entire world?

Yawn, typical - You disagree; I SHALL INSULT YOU.

Because it's impossible to put in place effectively?
Original post by exe

Are youan ethnic minority livingin Europe ? If you are then obviously you wouldnot understand themeaning ofliving in yourown homeland, inyourown nativecountry with your ethnic brethern. Youpeoplearedesperate to livin white society. Whilst whites wantto live in their own white countries.

Why on earth would we want to turnour country brown ?
Original post by TheCount.
I would be unhappy.

Welshmun
I'm white and I'd be unhappy If Britain became a white minority state.

Well then you are both quite simply racists.
(edited 12 years ago)
You call us all racist then put "for christ's sake"
Original post by Sharpshooter

So you support England becoming a minority-white country? Does this not mean you are racist for supporting the diminishment of one race and the proliferation of another?
Reply 447
i think i have posted on this board before i am not sure but it would be a shame if europe became ethnically not european.

i agree with those who say it is racist to think it does not matter if britain becomes majority not white. i mean, i with an immigrant background enjoy living in europe not in asian or africa.

europeans are too open and it would be better if they were a bit tougher on the immigrants and fake asylum seekers who just abuse the country. it gives all patriotic immigrants a bad name.
Reply 448
Original post by Sharpshooter

No they are not. Its a natural human instinct to on the whole be against change. Look how ethnic minorities in many cases live in communities together
Original post by Blazara
Yawn, typical - You disagree; I SHALL INSULT YOU.

Not insulting. I know nothing about cars, or chemistry. You know nothing about politics.

Because it's impossible to put in place effectively?

Yes. Also, people don't know what they want.
Reply 450
Not insulting. I know nothing about cars, or chemistry. You know nothing about politics.

Yes. Also, people don't know what they want.

You're basing that off what - that I don't think we should call our modern system a democracy?

All you're doing is being pretentious and living under the false belief that a large post count means you know what you're talking about. I may not know as much about politics as you, that does not mean I know nothing (how is it even possible to know nothing?)
Original post by Blazara
You're basing that off what - that I don't think we should call our modern system a democracy?

Pretty much.

All you're doing is being pretentious and living under the false belief that a large post count means you know what you're talking about. I may not know as much about politics as you, that does not mean I know nothing (how is it even possible to know nothing?)

Quality, not quantity.
The people have spoken. The majority of people, that is white people, understandably don't want to become a minority in what has always been, historically, a white nation.

No cultural, ethnic or racial group would ever wish to become a minority in their own historic homeland. Why should white people accept their own ethnic and cultural dispossession in the name of some bogus, abstract notion of 'universal humanity' and 'equality'? To any rational thinking person this makes no sense whatsoever.

Of course, the taboo nature of this debate demonstrates precisely the anti-democratic, anti-majority, indeed, anti-white mindset at work. If the vast majority of people in Britain don't want their own ethnic group to become a minority, then surely this is not extreme but mainstream, and the legitimate, democratic viewpoint? I wonder if all the so-called 'anti-racists' and diversophiles, with their little cult of multiculturalism, have ever stopped and wondered, maybe you are the extremists?
Reply 453
Pretty much.

Quality, not quantity.

You appear to not be upholding your last statement.
Reply 454
Quite right. It isn't so much the colour of the skin, per se, as what it means to our national culture.

To those saying it's a farfetched eventuality; quite simply it is not. At current trends it is to be expected within the next fifty or so years.
Reply 455
I see why people wouldn't like it but it doesn't bother me.

Imo countries are just where some dude drew lines/borders hundreds of years ago, people should be free to move/live wherever the hell they like.

Obviously if the rest of the world (not the West) wasn't so backward it wouldn't be such a problem anyway.
Original post by jk49
I see why people wouldn't like it but it doesn't bother me.

Imo countries are just where some dude drew lines/borders hundreds of years ago, people should be free to move/live wherever the hell they like.

I would urge you to consider what Alexandr Solzhenitysn wrote in Gulag Archipelago:

'Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn't be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps, one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity, then too bad for you.'
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 457
Original post by Harmonic Minor
I would urge you to consider what Alexandr Solzhenitysn wrote in Gulag Archipelago:

Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn't be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity.

But in the camps, one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity, then too bad for you.

Good point. We need the Americans to make a world government tbf.
Original post by Blazara
You appear to not be upholding your last statement.

If you'd like to have a political debate, feel free to initiate one. However, arguing that we should do what the majority says isn't exactly a well thought out ideology, nor is it difficult to argue against.
If you'd like to have a political debate, feel free to initiate one. However, arguing that we should do what the majority says isn't exactly a well thought out ideology, nor is it difficult to argue against.

In other words, democracy isn't a 'well thought out ideology'. Pray tell, what is a 'well thought out' ideology? Multiculturalism? Internationalism?

You would think that it would be pertinent to take into consideration the general will of the vast majority of the population when formulating future immigration policy, don't you think?
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending