The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cz100
I don't know, I like talking to her but for some reason she always seems to have warning points. If you get banned and come on again with another account that account will be banned as well.

And yes, I'd say you'll be fine. You know which college to apply to yet yet?

guys i won't be applying to cam, but a tip is, be careful which college, some have bmat cut offs i have heard! don't quote me on it though

=) do your research, it's a different kind of uni, so yeah
Reply 3401
Original post by resiliant one
guys i won't be applying to cam, but a tip is, be careful which college, some have bmat cut offs i have heard! don't quote me on it though

=) do your research, it's a different kind of uni, so yeah

But you can't really help that though as you find out your bmat score after. :/
sixthformer said

in big writing, only ONCE

"what do you guys think will come up in the exam?"

is that worthy of a ban?

What are you, her bloody sidekick?

I don't know, and I don't care why that user got a ban, all I know is, people were trying to discuss one particular paper on a thread designated for that paper, and this user just spammed in big writing about a different paper. Mods can choose to ban whoever they want, they do a great job and I'll leave it to them.
Reply 3403
Original post by Straight up G
Really? Anything above 290ish is pretty damn amazing. I can get a maximum of 270ish in Maths (because of C1/C2 scores), and a maximum of 285-ish in the Bio/Chemistry (because of ISA's, got low A in both subjects probably). And no way am I getting full UMS in Bio1/Chem1/Bio2/Chem2, so I'd do well to scrape 270. 300 is freakish.

Yeah for real, and yeah sure :smile: I really thought I would get 300 in Maths, but I read both questions on C1 and S1 wrong, costing me marks, so I reckon I got just 90 in both, and C2 got 100 (btw I know this as Mr.M posted the answers :biggrin:), so that should be around 275-280. And for the rest, just saying 280, 285 and 290 as a projected score, but I think it can range higher (just saying it as the worst case). And your marks are still good stuff! :biggrin: And yeah, but I'm sure some guys will get straight 300s in my year :rolleyes:
Reply 3404
No idea, irritated me though. We were trying to talk about the answers to one paper, and she kept on posting in massive writing about a different paper. Was quite annoying.

Oh right I see, ah well
Reply 3405
Original post by Nator
Yeah for real, and yeah sure :smile: I really thought I would get 300 in Maths, but I read both questions on C1 and S1 wrong, costing me marks, so I reckon I got just 90 in both, and C2 got 100 (btw I know this as Mr.M posted the answers :biggrin:), so that should be around 275-280. And for the rest, just saying 280, 285 and 290 as a projected score, but I think it can range higher (just saying it as the worst case). And your marks are still good stuff! :biggrin: And yeah, but I'm sure some guys will get straight 300s in my year :rolleyes:

OCR right? I messed up the last Q on S1, and in C1 on the stationary point Q - thought that you couldn't cube root -1. You obviously can. I was thinking about square rooting, doh!
Reply 3406
What are you, her bloody sidekick?

I don't know, and I don't care why that user got a ban, all I know is, people were trying to discuss one particular paper on a thread designated for that paper, and this user just spammed in big writing about a different paper. Mods can choose to ban whoever they want, they do a great job and I'll leave it to them.

Btw hello fellow countryman :smile: Couldn't help but notice the flag :colondollar:
Original post by oHellno
LOL you were sixthformer. Why are you talking in third person?

Haha! I would like to know this as well. If you're trying to hide from the mods you're not doing it very well :tongue:
Original post by liviaaa
But you can't really help that though as you find out your bmat score after. :/

that's why you only apply to one bmat uni
Original post by Nator

Straight 300s is absolutely unbelievable. Honestly unbelievable. That pretty much equates to 95% raw marks across all exams, which is freakishly unbelievable. Did I mention unbelievable? Straight 300s... They could apply to pretty much any course they wanted to and get in.

Anyway, it doesn't work that way always, I read the answers for the C2 in January, worked out that I should have around 95% raw so around 90-95 UMS, and I came out with 82 somehow. I think I destroyed my S1 paper, but I don't think I'll get near full UMS just because of that bad experience with C2.
Reply 3410
Original post by sablarrr
OCR right? I messed up the last Q on S1, and in C1 on the stationary point Q - thought that you couldn't cube root -1. You obviously can. I was thinking about square rooting, doh!

Haha you me both! Exactly that Q and yeah OCR!
And you continue to ignore?

A poster, with physics equations, does not come under the category cute. It is weird, and no, I don't wanna see your notes. You should see mine, worst notes ever, imagine the brain of a genius writing in the style of a 4 year old.

That questions easy, you'd just behead yourself and get someone to put it on a scale. DURH. Says you?

Well, I just walked in, said 'GIVE ME THE ****ING WORK EXPERIENCE' and the bitch behind the desk was scared and so she did it. I got this gangsta aura about me. Not really, it's still to be confirmed this one, I've got a contact though, I'll have to try bumming up to him. I know his son though. I've never done any sustained volunteering, I should start.

Ngl, my notes are beautiful, like actually LOL, especially for chemistry :love: But now they're a bit useless, and will be sitting in the loft, so :dontknow: you win?

Hahaa, funny, I said the same thing, people just looked at me like :wtf: But it's such a stupid question. Why would you want to measure your head in the first place?!

Yeah, you're a scary bastard. Lucky though, I got my last placement through contacts, it's great. It still took ages to sort out final details but I knew for sure that I had it sorted for months. This time I had to rely on myself :emo: So much longer! You could start volunteering at local primary school, I don't know how they are round yours, but with mine they didn't care about anything, I just used to turn up whenever, was great.

lol @ you getting 3 negs :teehee:
Reply 3412
that's why you only apply to one bmat uni

Don't think I'm applying to any. :tongue:
Original post by Nator
Btw hello fellow countryman :smile: Couldn't help but notice the flag :colondollar:

Haha yeah. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD. There's quite a few of us on here, both Pakistanis and Medical Pakistanis haha. OHellNo my disgraced estranged lovely ex-wife is one of them.
Original post by liviaaa
Don't think I'm applying to any. :tongue:

depends on my a/s result tbh

i will revise for it anyway though

not oxford lol i don't like it, not cam, defo not ucl, if it'll be a bma uni, it will be imperial college london!
Reply 3415

Anyway, it doesn't work that way always, I read the answers for the C2 in January, worked out that I should have around 95% raw so around 90-95 UMS, and I came out with 82 somehow. I think I destroyed my S1 paper, but I don't think I'll get near full UMS just because of that bad experience with C2.

I think it's because some markschemes award marks for certain working, so may not get the full marks even if you get the correct answer. :/
Reply 3416
depends on my a/s result tbh

i will revise for it anyway though

not oxford lol i don't like it, not cam, defo not ucl, if it'll be a bma uni, it will be imperial college london!

I don't really want to do a 6 year course, and don't want to go to London particuarly. I would only take the BMAT, if I came out with good UMS (so oxbridge), which I doubt as I think I only just scrapped an A in maths. :/
Reply 3417
Straight 300s is absolutely unbelievable. Honestly unbelievable. That pretty much equates to 95% raw marks across all exams, which is freakishly unbelievable. Did I mention unbelievable? Straight 300s... They could apply to pretty much any course they wanted to and get in.

Yeah it really is, but guys in my year will walk it trust me :tongue: I don't want to jinx it but I think the best shot I have at getting 300 is in Physics :smile:

Oh right I see, but I actually killed that C2, showed every bit of working, so am confident on it :smile:

There will be loads of people getting 300 UMS in most of their units in my school :emo:
Maths is crazy when it comes to UMS, in my mock I got like 71/75 in S1 and it was 96 UMS, which is fine, but in any other subject it would be full UMS lol.
Reply 3419
Haha yeah. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD. There's quite a few of us on here, both Pakistanis and Medical Pakistanis haha. OHellNo my disgraced estranged lovely ex-wife is one of them.

Haha hell yeah! :biggrin: And lol that's gonna be 1 strong correlation bro :wink: And yeah I know haha, arranged marriage I presume? :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending