The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oHellno
Ngl, my notes are beautiful, like actually LOL, especially for chemistry :love: But now they're a bit useless, and will be sitting in the loft, so :dontknow: you win?

Hahaa, funny, I said the same thing, people just looked at me like :wtf: But it's such a stupid question. Why would you want to measure your head in the first place?!

Yeah, you're a scary bastard. Lucky though, I got my last placement through contacts, it's great. It still took ages to sort out final details but I knew for sure that I had it sorted for months. This time I had to rely on myself :emo: So much longer! You could start volunteering at local primary school, I don't know how they are round yours, but with mine they didn't care about anything, I just used to turn up whenever, was great.

lol @ you getting 3 negs :teehee:

Post a picture of them. Bet mine are more beautiful interesting.

No idea, probably some Oxbridge thing. We should ask that ISA girl about it, she'd know the answer.

Damn right I'm a gangsta. Oh, well, I don't know bout the final details, hopefully I can get some sorted before the end of summer. I'm not nice enough to volunteer at a primary school tbh, I'm a bit of a lazy dick. I've done other stuff, not for long periods of time, but I've written about it and exaggerated it massively before to good effect, so...

Negs? I don't care haha. I didn't see them until you told me, I don't have the rep counter on my home page.
Original post by Nator
Haha hell yeah! :biggrin: And lol that's gonna be 1 strong correlation bro :wink: And yeah I know haha, arranged marriage I presume? :wink:

Yeah basically I told her we were married and that was that haha.
Reply 3422
Damn these mods sure don't waste time banning D:
Original post by liviaaa
I think it's because some markschemes award marks for certain working, so may not get the full marks even if you get the correct answer. :/

So ****ing irritating isn't it, because you clearly know how to do it, but some dumbass finicky marking point won't let you get the marks.
Reply 3424
Original post by Straight up G
Yeah basically I told her we were married and that was that haha.

Lol just cos' marriage is that easy :biggrin:
Reply 3425
Original post by liviaaa
Yes, it's strange to think! Maybe.. we'll have to wait and see. :smile:

Unless everyone decides to stay anonymous... It'll be a pretty good past time guessing who is who in real life (assuming I get in to a uni, of course)

Original post by sablarrr
I feel so inadequate with my 4 A*'s :emo:

You're not the only one :redface:
Original post by Nator
Yeah it really is, but guys in my year will walk it trust me :tongue: I don't want to jinx it but I think the best shot I have at getting 300 is in Physics :smile:

Oh right I see, but I actually killed that C2, showed every bit of working, so am confident on it :smile:

Well, Economics I should be getting 190+/200, that's my best shot. I got full UMS in the mock. But again, just exam marking, I don't have any faith in it.
Original post by oHellno
There will be loads of people getting 300 UMS in most of their units in my school :emo:
Maths is crazy when it comes to UMS, in my mock I got like 71/75 in S1 and it was 96 UMS, which is fine, but in any other subject it would be full UMS lol.

That sucks dick, people are too nerdy. I'd agree with it next year, not this year. Yup, C1 and C2 Maths are usually 71/72 for full UMS, with usually only one mark movement either way.
Reply 3428
I don't look at the thread for an hour and I come back and see that drama has unfolded across my screen :shock: Haha, it's kinda funny - having someone pretending to be someone else.
Reply 3429
Original post by Nator
Haha you me both! Exactly that Q and yeah OCR!

Argh, I hate having maths exams in the morning. Tbh, I thought that the whole paper was a bit bizarre, silly stats. Having said that, C2 went surprisingly well :smug:
Reply 3430
Well, Economics I should be getting 190+/200, that's my best shot. I got full UMS in the mock. But again, just exam marking, I don't have any faith in it.

Good stuff! :smile: I'm gutted because in the mocks I got 300 in Maths and now will end up getting like 25 less it gets me worked up :mad: Nevertheless the rest went well, could be as high as three 300s, or as low as three 270's, can never tell, just have to wait and see :smile:
Original post by Nator
Lol just cos' marriage is that easy :biggrin:

The perks of being a Paki haha.
Reply 3432
Original post by sablarrr
Argh, I hate having maths exams in the morning. Tbh, I thought that the whole paper was a bit bizarre, silly stats. Having said that, C2 went surprisingly well :smug:

Yeah same! And haha exactly the same here, C2 was doss :biggrin:
Reply 3433
The perks of being a Paki haha.

Lool fair deuce :biggrin: Surprised she ain't changed her name to "oHellYeah" after what is 'married life' :rolleyes:

Post a picture of them. Bet mine are more beautiful interesting.

No idea, probably some Oxbridge thing. We should ask that ISA girl about it, she'd know the answer.

Damn right I'm a gangsta. Oh, well, I don't know bout the final details, hopefully I can get some sorted before the end of summer. I'm not nice enough to volunteer at a primary school tbh, I'm a bit of a lazy dick. I've done other stuff, not for long periods of time, but I've written about it and exaggerated it massively before to good effect, so...

Negs? I don't care haha. I didn't see them until you told me, I don't have the rep counter on my home page.

That's loong! But fine, I will, when I'm bothered, I'll scan in a page and you'll be ohso impressed :proud:

I already know the answer...sort of. You basically put your head in a tub of water or something and get someone to see how much the water rose by. And then you do a few calculations and you can work out the volume of your head. And then I don't know what. It's all rubbish, waste of time.

Yeah would be best to get it sorted for summer holidays. I really hoped that I'd have like two placements sorted for summer holidays, seeing as my dad claims to have contacts lol, but never mind :h: Lol, tbh I wasn't very nice either, but that's only cos the kids were all devil children. I actually preferred care home so much more. Most of mine hasn't been thaaat long term either, got loads of little things :dontknow:
Reply 3435
Original post by Nator
Good stuff! :smile: I'm gutted because in the mocks I got 300 in Maths and now will end up getting like 25 less it gets me worked up :mad: Nevertheless the rest went well, could be as high as three 300s, or as low as three 270's, can never tell, just have to wait and see :smile:

I agree with the maths. In my tests/mocks all year I've been getting stong A's. I messed C2 up though - stupid radius question.
Original post by Nator

Well, UMS are totally irrelevant except for Cambridge applications. Even 210 (B) would be largely acceptable because you could get 270 next year and still get an A*.
Reply 3437
Original post by tamii05

You're not the only one :redface:

Damn you tsr! God, I actually feel knackered just thinking about what I have to do this summer. Have you booked your UKCAT yet? :tongue:
Reply 3438
Original post by liviaaa
I agree with the maths. In my tests/mocks all year I've been getting stong A's. I messed C2 up though - stupid radius question.

Ahh it was the opposite for me, messed up C1 and S1, ah well we are all human we always have bad days :smile:
Original post by Nator
Lool fair deuce :biggrin: Surprised she ain't changed her name to "oHellYeah" after what is 'married life' :rolleyes:

Try being married to him. My username is incredibly appropriate.

Latest

Trending

Trending