The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Original post by Nator
Haha yeah Imperial sounds like some kind of elite :biggrin:
And ahhh don't worry you'll be fine :wink: How did your AS exams go?

Um, chem and C2 were my strongest exams I think. But Bio, my gosh. I don't know what the hell I was writing, just hope that the examiner can actually interpret what the hell I wrote. So, a mixed bag really :tongue: Wbu?

Original post by cz100
A guy from our school last year applied for it because according to him 'it sounded like a name out of Star Wars'. He got in though.

Srsly? He sounds like a thrilling character. But I'm not one to talk, I want to apply to Aberdeen partly due to the motto :ninja:
Reply 3481
Original post by oHellno
Well you'd still get method marks for using the radius in the next part, so it's not too bad. And if you got the correct answer for the last question but used a suitable method it's okay. I checked my answer with the triangle method, but for my main working I integrated both the lines. They usually have a few methods in the mark scheme, so it's okay. :smile:

And the 13/14 thing was sly, a lot of people did that, was very annoying.

Yes hopefully, just preparing myself for the worst. :tongue:

But I mean I got the wrong answer for the last question, but yes I did the same way as you and integrated both lines - I must have done something wrong in the process. I got 180 - I should have known edexcel wouldn't have given such a nice whole number...
Original post by oHellno
It's so annoying. My dad was all yeah I know like 3 people, one of them should be able to sort something out, and they didn't, none of them. If they had been useful, I would have had awesome placements at awesome hospitals :emo: Ah well, I'm sure the one I sorted out will be just as interesting :h:

Why would you be disgusted? They were so easy to revise from when it came close to exams :biggrin: haha, your creations, it literally makes me think scrawled up writing.

Yeah I have no idea. True, they wanna see how well you can try and reason with retarded questions. If I do decide to apply, I will need to work on that :tongue:

LOL, no I wasn't. It's a **** school, the kids are actually not like the innocent types that you'd imagine at all. There were all these 6 year olds just shouting 'boobies' and casually discussing them, I was a little shocked. :lol:
That might make it more interesting? The nurses were all really lovely where I went, but that was it. And yeah I know, but there's no way I could ever do all of the things I did for a long time. I've got like 2 that I've been doing for a while. They're just gonna have to accept that.

You can't talk!

Well, my local hospital is a bitch and has put off any more work experience applications until January 2012. So no chance of me going through them, it's just through contacts and hopefully I'll be fine.

I've never revised from written notes, ever. Mainly because I can only write neatly with a fountain pen when I'm feeling good, all other times it's this scrawl which is legible but annoying to read from. Every year I tell myself I'll write good notes and every year I inevitably end up losing pieces of paper, or having giant penises drawn all over my notes. Not great. One time someone tipped some purple paint all over some maths notes, it was funny, but not great revision-wise.

As for the kids, well, they're growing up earlier. Shouting out boobies is absolutely hilarious though, I would piss myself. It's the kind of humour I love (before anyone says idiotic naive childish humour, yes). I would now insert some cheap medical joke about this hot nurse, but medical jokes just aren't funny. Some med schools like Leeds accept jobs in lieu of voluntary work, that's good for me. Was applying to Leeds anyway, massive bonus.
Reply 3483
Original post by sablarrr
Um, chem and C2 were my strongest exams I think. But Bio, my gosh. I don't know what the hell I was writing, just hope that the examiner can actually interpret what the hell I wrote. So, a mixed bag really :tongue: Wbu?

Nice :biggrin: You do Bio, Chem, Maths and ? :redface: And good stuff :biggrin: And Maths as I said I messed up C1 and S1 so I'll end up with 275-280/300 :mad: Chem was not bad, made some silly mistakes but nevertheless not bad, Bio and Physics were solid so hopefully should be fine :smile:
Original post by cz100
A guy from our school last year applied for it because according to him 'it sounded like a name out of Star Wars'. He got in though.

Maybe, my mum can't wait until I can drop my little brother off to nursery school, but might not be able to afford insurance.

Insurance is a bitch, but not so much for girls right now? I know guys have anywhere between 1200 and 3500 a year, but girls must be like 500-1500 right? My friend got a car for 700 but his insurance was 3300, insane...
Original post by Nator
Ahhh well, if she keeps getting rejected I understand the oHellNo part of it :smile: She refuses to make you sandwiches? Lol she would be dealt with in Pakistan haha

I would deal with it here myself, but obvs its an LDM (long distance marriage) and it takes more effort to go to London than make myself a sandwich. Besides, she's old news, mans moved on.
Reply 3486
Original post by Straight up G
I would deal with it here myself, but obvs its an LDM (long distance marriage) and it takes more effort to go to London than make myself a sandwich. Besides, she's old news, mans moved on.

Haha no long ting :biggrin: And good stuff :smile: So whereabouts you live?
Original post by Nator
Haha no long ting :biggrin: And good stuff :smile: So whereabouts you live?

Nottingham, you?

Anyways, I'm off. First day at the care home tomorrow, anyone got any tips? (I know I'm going right now but I'll probs read them tomorrow before starting).

Nottingham, you?

Anyways, I'm off. First day at the care home tomorrow, anyone got any tips? (I know I'm going right now but I'll probs read them tomorrow before starting).

Try and be nice.
Reply 3489
Nottingham, you?

Kool and I'm in London :smile:

Just be polite and listen to everyone :smile: Speak when spoken to :smile:
Anyone else do OCR critical thinking today? How went it?
Original post by ChessMister
Anyone else do OCR critical thinking today? How went it?

lol
Reply 3492
Original post by Nator
Nice :biggrin: You do Bio, Chem, Maths and ? :redface: And good stuff :biggrin: And Maths as I said I messed up C1 and S1 so I'll end up with 275-280/300 :mad: Chem was not bad, made some silly mistakes but nevertheless not bad, Bio and Physics were solid so hopefully should be fine :smile:

I do sociology as well :yucky: Should have done philosophy instead. It went ok, but I misread a question so...dear Lord, story of my life, misreading questions, ha!

275 isn't bad! That's still an A, right?
Original post by tkoki1993
lol

loool
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3494
Original post by sablarrr
I do sociology as well :yucky: Should have done philosophy instead. It went ok, but I misread a question so...dear Lord, story of my life, misreading questions, ha!

275 isn't bad! That's still an A, right?

Ahhh kool :smile: And ohh I always misread questions too! :frown: It happens I guess :colondollar:

And I know but knowing you could have done a lot better makes it bad :mad: And yeah ofc, 240+ is an A :rolleyes: 270+ is 90% :smile:
Original post by oHellno
Try and be nice.

Original post by Nator
Kool and I'm in London :smile:

Just be polite and listen to everyone :smile: Speak when spoken to :smile:

Well, it was okay. Your advice was pretty basic, even I can pretend to be nice when required. A few of them were really depressed, but I spent some nice time with this one trainee therapist/nurse :colone:. Bit boring really, but I'm in a different department tomorrow, it's supposed to be better.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3496
Well, it was okay. Your advice was pretty basic, even I can pretend to be nice when required. A few of them were really depressed, but I spent some nice time with this one trainee therapist/nurse :colone:. Bit boring really, but I'm in a different department tomorrow, it's supposed to be better.

Kool how long did you spend there and what did you do there?
Reply 3497
Anyone watching "24 hours in A & E" tonight? Oh, and BBC1 is repeating the junior doctors programme (on yesterday) if you missed it on BBC3 :h:

I like doctor programmes :colone:
Original post by Nator
Kool how long did you spend there and what did you do there?

8 hours and **** all really.
Reply 3499
8 hours and **** all really.

Damn I couldn't hack 8 hours, when I went in the Easter I did 3 hours and it's all I could manage :rolleyes: You going back tomorrow? And btw where you thinking of applying?

Latest

Trending

Trending