The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Nursing application university of ulster

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by NurseWannabe
Hi, I got an offer for magee and coleraine adult nursing too!! Don't no anyone else how did though???:frown:

Don't know which to choose? :confused: does anyone know how many adult nursing students there are at each???

also will anyone be staying in halls at either???

I got an offer for both as well, I think I will be picking Magee, no real reason for this other than I have to relocate no matter where I go and I think there would be more to do in L'Derry.

I was going to look at the option of renting somewhere, as i'm 30 and I don't think halls would suit me :smile:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 21
Coleraine has around 40 adult nurses and magee has 150 adult nurses and around 40 mental health nurses, although I have heard that coleraine have better tutors, I am going to magee for adult nursing as it is closer and I will be travelling. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by brown123

Original post by brown123
Hi all I will be travelling down to just going to use the train when heading to uni tho and then the car for placements( fingers crossed I pass my test soon). I'm travelling from Ballymena which is a long train journey but for three days i'm not complaining especially when Most of the people I have heard from have been unsuccessful. :smile:

hi i live outside ballymena and will be travelling on the train too :smile: not looking forward to the travelling but thankful i got a place!
Reply 23
i'll be travelling from newtownabbey also on the train... cheaper than driving :smile:
Reply 24
Confirmed my offer for Magee yesterday and put Coleraine as insurance :smile:. Has anyone else already confirmed their offers and if so have you heard anything from the uni? Apart from passing exams, what happens next :smile: x
Reply 25
Hi all, I have also confirmed magee as my firm choice for adult nursing. I just got confirmation from ucas. I think you inform them of your results then its just Access NI forms and occ health. I'm just going to wait until I get my results then email admissions and ask what happens next? All of you that are heading to Magee to do Adult nursing in Sept I hope to see you all then. I cant wait to get started.:smile:
Reply 26
I hav not replyed to ucas yet, think in going to leave it to the 4th because I just cant decide between phramacy and Nursing in Magee, do yous think that will be to late to reply, says on UCAS the deadline is the 5th but im just afraid it will take a while to process or something. Is anybody going to live in the halls, im 18 and live in armagh it would be too far to travel. Is any of yous the same age as me or all older
Reply 27
I got rejected for Coleraine and Magee but yesterday i got a letter from each uni saying if theres any vacancies in august i will be considered for a place. Has anyone else got these letters? i just wana know what sort of chance i have, cos i really want to go to either of them or else il be taking a gap year! :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by jordanxo
I got rejected for Coleraine and Magee but yesterday i got a letter from each uni saying if theres any vacancies in august i will be considered for a place. Has anyone else got these letters? i just wana know what sort of chance i have, cos i really want to go to either of them or else il be taking a gap year! :frown:

not sure what chances you have but originally i accepted magee as a firm and coleraine as insurance and have just found out today i've been accepted into queens, so i'll be cancelling my place, so that's one extra space on the course :smile:, hope you get sorted
Reply 29
Original post by blisty22
not sure what chances you have but originally i accepted magee as a firm and coleraine as insurance and have just found out today i've been accepted into queens, so i'll be cancelling my place, so that's one extra space on the course :smile:, hope you get sorted

Hopefully there is alot a people who are getting into queens that are guna not go to coleraine or magee! i got rejected by queens straight away cos i forgot to sign the police check form :\ id love to know how many people are on this 'reverse list' :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by blisty22
Confirmed my offer for Magee yesterday and put Coleraine as insurance :smile:. Has anyone else already confirmed their offers and if so have you heard anything from the uni? Apart from passing exams, what happens next :smile: x

Hi i've accepted adult nursing at magee also, what sort of course are you doing at the minute. have you received any more information from the university regarding your acceptance?
Reply 31
Hi I accepted an offer for coleraine uni soooo excited new to this site as in registered 5 mins ago !! Is anyone else goin to Coleraine uni??
Reply 32
Original post by jordanxo

My friend also got rejected from both but got same letter as u ..... But another friend got rejected but didn't get a letter so it mustn't be sent to everyone hope this helps
Reply 33
Original post by Kez1983

Original post by Kez1983
Hi I accepted an offer for coleraine uni soooo excited new to this site as in registered 5 mins ago !! Is anyone else goin to Coleraine uni??

yip, cannot wait!!!
Reply 34
Original post by maria1291
yip, cannot wait!!!

I'm so excited but nervous all at the same tym I'm going by myself as no one else I know is going they either didn't get in or are going to queens
Reply 35
Original post by Kez1983

Original post by Kez1983
I'm so excited but nervous all at the same tym I'm going by myself as no one else I know is going they either didn't get in or are going to queens

me 2! no one in my year is goin, not one :-(

but you know what a fresh start and a change of faces, i am nervous to but really excited
Reply 36
me 2! no one in my year is goin, not one :-(

but you know what a fresh start and a change of faces, i am nervous to but really excited

I take it u are an a level student?? I've just completed an access course as I'm 28 scared I'm gonna be oldest person in class!! Do u know how many students there are in coleraine nursing?
Reply 37
Original post by Kez1983

Original post by Kez1983
I take it u are an a level student?? I've just completed an access course as I'm 28 scared I'm gonna be oldest person in class!! Do u know how many students there are in coleraine nursing?

no i have no idea, about nursing, while you be staying in coleraine or travelling?
Reply 38
no i have no idea, about nursing, while you be staying in coleraine or travelling?

Travelling :-( it's about an hours drive ish haven't decided whether I'll drive or not!! Wat about u???
Reply 39
Original post by Kez1983

Original post by Kez1983
Travelling :-( it's about an hours drive ish haven't decided whether I'll drive or not!! Wat about u???

staying, looking for accomodation atm

Quick Reply

Latest