The Student Room Group

Southampton University Whos going

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Thanks for that.....that sounds sensible that they will relocate us....i will probably end up doing the same and going for a standard contract. I might give them a ring tomorrow and just see what they say. If it is any different i will post their answer on here.....i will keep you updated :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by NicolaR
Thanks for that.....that sounds sensible that they will relocate us....i will probably end up doing the same and going for a standard contract. I might give them a ring tomorrow and just see what they say. If it is any different i will post their answer on here.....i will keep you updated :smile:

Fab, thanks for that! I've mainly put down variations of WL. (Cheap and cheerful) :smile:
Reply 82
What sort of room are you going for at wessex lane....i want to go ensuite but worried about the costs :s-smilie:
Reply 83
Original post by NicolaR
What sort of room are you going for at wessex lane....i want to go ensuite but worried about the costs :s-smilie:

I've gone for the cheapest (non ensuite, corridor) due to the cost. We'll have to pay for about 49 weeks of accommodation and I want some money to live off. :biggrin:
Reply 84
Has anyone recieved a letter from the uni yet to say whether they have got it or not on the dual field course? If so how long ago because i havent heard anything from the uni.
Reply 85
Have phoned southampton.....glf2110 you were correct and they say the best option is to go for the standard contract...
Many thanks for your help.....i'm so excited about september now
Reply 86
Hi im doing adult nursing placements at portsmouth. i was supposed to start last year but had to refer due to personal reasons, be great to get to know some of you, im 33, 3 kids onb a mature student but hey your never too old :biggrin:
Reply 87
Original post by annacl
Hi im doing adult nursing placements at portsmouth. i was supposed to start last year but had to refer due to personal reasons, be great to get to know some of you, im 33, 3 kids onb a mature student but hey your never too old :biggrin:

Hi,
I am doing Adult Nursing with placements in Portsmouth as part of the Southampton Degree too. I am also a mature student at 30 :smile: tbh from interviews etc it looks like there are more mature students than those straight from college
Reply 88
I'm a mature student as well (27), doing Adult nursing with my placements in Southampton, can't wait to get started, September can't come soon enough! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
Hi knitpixie, im doing the adult dip, im 33. looks like ill see you in sept.
Me too Ism. waiting for my busary info to come through, i've downloaded the application and filled it out, just waiting for my ref number. keep getting things in the post about the students union, makes it all seem so close now :smile: x
Reply 90
wat sort of info was it about student union all i have had is from health saying about filling in forms to do with the crb and accepting the place?
Reply 91
just info like why southamptons the best place to study. i got the crb through too last week. all filled off and sent . not anything special. what are you studying Fox ?
Reply 92
Re the NHS bursary, I contacted Southampton today and they advised that I say that it's a 4 year course (like the SLC funding). I also phoned the NHS and they said 3 years. I'm going with 4 as our final year extends into the September which would be classified as a 4th academic year.

I returned my CRB, yellow and green sheets. Haven't heard anything from SUSU. :frown:
Reply 93
Original post by fox1993
wat sort of info was it about student union all i have had is from health saying about filling in forms to do with the crb and accepting the place?

Im with you. Nothing from SUSU. Wonder if they mean that little fold out thing that said how fab Soton was?
Reply 94
Original post by annacl
just info like why southamptons the best place to study. i got the crb through too last week. all filled off and sent . not anything special. what are you studying Fox ?

I am studying the dual field course of child and adult nursing. What about you?
Reply 95
Original post by fox1993
Hey,
I have just accepted my offer from Southampton to do adult nursing degree and want to know if anyone else is going? So i can get to know people before i go??

my bro's going
Reply 96
I'm doing the adult adv diphe, the duel course is new , not heard of that before ! anyway im on facebook please add me, be great get to know people before we go.. Anneliese Lindars ... let me know your from here though i tend not to add people that i dont know x
Reply 97
hey guys,
I'm just wondering who else has got a place at southampton in the child branch nursing?
Would like to get to know who might be on my course
Reply 98
Original post by NicolaR
hey guys,
I'm just wondering who else has got a place at southampton in the child branch nursing?
Would like to get to know who might be on my course

ME! :biggrin:
Can't wait!
Reply 99
Me neither!
I'm excited and nervous all rolled into one. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest