The Student Room Group

Is it rare for someone to be brunette and have green eyes?

This is what someone said about blonde and green eyes:

" I can tell you right off the bat that blonde hair and green eyes is an immediate turn on for most. When they say it's rare it pretty much saying when you do get the chance to see it you want to stop and stare. Most of the time that's a good thing."

I didn't think of it being rare, until I realised I haven't actually met anyone or seen anyone who has natural blonde hair and green eyes...maybe once or twice...?

I was wondering about brunette and green eyes...just curious..:tongue:

Also if you want you can state what your colour hair is and eye colour :smile:

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm brown hair blue eyes - i'm confused whether you mean blonde hair or brunette hair? the title says brunette and topic says blonde, either one sounds nice
Reply 2
brown hair green eyes.... sounds hot.
Reply 3
Original post by `R92
I'm brown hair blue eyes - i'm confused whether you mean blonde hair or brunette hair? the title says brunette and topic says blonde, either one sounds nice

I have brunette hair and green eyes and I've never met anyone who has the same...and I was curious, I'm sure there are many people who have it, I've just never met anyone. The question is about brunettes but blondes and green eyes are apparently rare too, quite interesting..
Reply 4
Original post by susan23
I have brunette hair and green eyes and I've never met anyone who has the same...and I was curious, I'm sure there are many people who have it, I've just never met anyone. The question is about brunettes but blondes and green eyes are apparently rare too, quite interesting..

If green eyes and blonde hair is rare
and green eyes and brunette hair is rare..

doesn't that basically just mean green eyes are rare? :tongue:

I'm not sure how many people i know have green eyes, i'm no good at remembering peoples eye colour most of the time i never notice
Reply 5
I have brown hair and green eyes....
Reply 6
im brunette (naturaly) with like blue/green eyes, theyre kind of in the middle, blue around the pupil and then the colour around the outside of the iris is green and it blends :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Lazylisa
I have brown hair and green eyes....

Original post by RinniieX
im brunette (naturaly) with like blue/green eyes, theyre kind of in the middle, blue around the pupil and then the colour around the outside of the iris is green and it blends :smile:

Original post by `R92
If green eyes and blonde hair is rare
and green eyes and brunette hair is rare..

doesn't that basically just mean green eyes are rare? :tongue:

I'm not sure how many people i know have green eyes, i'm no good at remembering peoples eye colour most of the time i never notice

Green eyes are "mutant freaks." Your eye color depends on the layers of pigment in your iris--the blue you were born with and an over-layer that develops in childhood. If that over-layer is clear, you keep your blue eyes. If it's orange (actually, kind of rust-colored), you have brown eyes. If that orange layer is much more yellow than red, through a genetic quirk, you get green.

We all initally had blue eyes :colone:
Reply 8
Aren't green eyes rare anyway? I have red (not ginger) hair and green eyes.
Reply 9
My hair is naturally brown and I have green eyes :smile: I dye my hair red though.
:itsme:

I've never actually noticed tbh. I thought it was pretty normal, probably as most of my family have it. We're all brunette with either green or blue eyes. I'll be keeping an eye out now; I have never ever seen a natural blonde with green eyes or another brunette with green eyes outside of my family.
Reply 11
im brunette with green eyes x
brown hair and brown eyes here :smug:
I've never really noticed. But I'm blonde with green eyes (Y)
I'm blonde with blue eyes. The boyf is brunette with green eyes.
Reply 15
Original post by no.
Aren't green eyes rare anyway? I have red (not ginger) hair and green eyes.

I think red hair and green eyes is rare?
Reply 16
Original post by susan23

I have borwn hair green eyes...not sure how rare it is but can't think of anyone i know who is off the top of my head but I'm quite unobservant. I'll have to start staring at my brown haired friends' eyes now
Reply 17
i have blondeish hair and my eyes probably appear green but when you look up close you see blue and brown in them, my eyes are strange

i love brown hair and blue eyes
Reply 18
Original post by susan23
Green eyes are "mutant freaks." Your eye color depends on the layers of pigment in your iris--the blue you were born with and an over-layer that develops in childhood. If that over-layer is clear, you keep your blue eyes. If it's orange (actually, kind of rust-colored), you have brown eyes. If that orange layer is much more yellow than red, through a genetic quirk, you get green.

We all initally had blue eyes :colone:

I had blue eyes until I was about 13 then they turned green over a period of time...weird shizz
Reply 19
I saw a girl on the tube once with blonde hair and green eyes. Obviously I don't know if it was natural, but I assume so because he hair was really shiny and nice didn't look bleached even though it was very pale. She was absolutely stunning in a very quirky, non conventional way. Anyway, I had to stop staring in case she thought I was trying to come on to her, lmao. Anyway, I think green eyes are just pretty rare in general. I adore green eyes.

That's all I have to add. Oh, and with the blue eye/iris thing, how true is that for people other than Caucasians? Because I remember someone telling me that babies are born with blue eyes when I was little, and then someone else refuting it when it came to people of a typically darker race, as in black people like myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending