The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by intellectual1
They repeat the questions which candidates found most difficult...PLANTS? :eek:

But how can they have known what candidates had found most difficult the year before if the papers are supposed to have been written 18 months in advance? (or something like that?) :s-smilie:
Reply 961
Would I be right to say there's been a lot of emphasis on Module 4 in the past? 33/100 marks in January 2011 and about 31/100 in June 2010? I mean it's a smaller module than the others. There was a 9 marker on the "fight or flight response" in Jan 11 too!

I would say if anything's going to be examined from Module 4 at all this June it'll be auxins, sliding filament, classical conditiong or innate behaviour.
Original post by amyyy24
But how can they have known what candidates had found most difficult the year before if the papers are supposed to have been written 18 months in advance? (or something like that?) :s-smilie:

They know from the old papers...and the new papers topics are mostly the same with the How Science Works stuff...

Read the January 2011 Report...F211 Plant Bio was'nt done well at all..what tends to feature in Jan and is not done so well...is often examined again in the Jun session...it certainly was in Maths with the Trigonometry...
Reply 963
Original post by lmfw
Would I be right to say there's been a lot of emphasis on Module 4 in the past? 33/100 marks in January 2011 and about 31/100 in June 2010? I mean it's a smaller module than the others. There was a 9 marker on the "fight or flight response" in Jan 11 too!

I would say if anything's going to be examined from Module 4 at all this June it'll be auxins, sliding filament, classical conditiong or innate behaviour.

June 2010
Module 1: 32%
Module 2: 17%
Module 3: 20%
Module 4: 31%

January 2011
Module 1: 16%
Module 2: 31%
Module 4: 33%

Suggest that for June 2011 there were be a low epthasis on Module 4. Most questions will be on Module 3 and Module 1/2 will have equal amounts (probably about 25%)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lmfw
June 2010
Module 1: 32%
Module 2: 17%

January 2011
Module 1: 16%
Module 2: 31%
Module 4: 33%

Perhaps June 2011 will look something like this? hmm

June 2011
Module 1: 31%
Module 2: 18%
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 965

June 2011

You think? I think because Module 3's normally been below 25% there'll be more this year and definitely a lot less of Module 4

Module 1: 25%
Module 2: 25%
Module 3: 35%
Module 4: 15%?

Actually just realised you could be right there. With Module 3 being similar to F212...
Suggests a lot of Genetics doesn't it?
(edited 12 years ago)

June 2011

Original post by lmfw
You think? I think because Module 3's normally been below 25% there'll be more this year and definitely a lot less of Module 4

Module 1: 25%
Module 2: 25%
Module 3: 35%
Module 4: 15%?

Actually just realised you could be right there. With Module 3 being similar to F212...
Suggests a lot of Genetics doesn't it?

What about the Synopticity guys?
Module 1

5.1.1 Cellular Control
5.1.2 Meiosis and Variation

Module 2
5.2.1 Cloning in Plants and Animals
5.2.2 Biotechnology
5.2.3 Genomes and Gene Technologies (alot of content here)

Module 3
5.3.1 Ecosystems
5.3.2 Populations and Sustainability

Module 4
5.4.1 Plant Responses
5.4.2 Animal Responses (was a question in Jan11 on the brain diagram labelling and the structural functional differences between voluntary, involuntary and cardiac muscle? Fight or Flight was also a huge essay...
5.4.3 Animal Behaviour (only a brief question featured...but DRD4 has'nt featured yet)
Original post by sportycricketer

Mitosis
Structure of Nucleic Acids
Enzymes
Biodiversity
Respiration
Nerves and Hormones
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 969

Yeaah i've never really understood that idea!! It might be just me but I didn't really notice any synopsis in January 2011? I mean maybe the "For each type of muscle, identify where in the thorax this type of muscle may be found"?
Mitosis
Structure of Nucleic Acids
Enzymes
Biodiversity
Respiration
Nerves and Hormones

Yeah I know those are the topics, cos I read them in the Phillip Allan revision guide, but I meant the % of it in the paper
Reply 971
Module 1

5.1.1 Cellular Control
5.1.2 Meiosis and Variation

Module 2
5.2.1 Cloning in Plants and Animals
5.2.2 Biotechnology
5.2.3 Genomes and Gene Technologies (alot of content here)

Module 3
5.3.1 Ecosystems
5.3.2 Populations and Sustainability

Module 4
5.4.1 Plant Responses
5.4.2 Animal Responses (was a question in Jan11 on the brain diagram labelling and the structural functional differences between voluntary, involuntary and cardiac muscle? Fight or Flight was also a huge essay...
5.4.3 Animal Behaviour (only a brief question featured...but DRD4 has'nt featured yet)

DRD4 featured in June 2010, there was about 14 marks on it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lmfw
DRD4 featured in June 2011, there was about 14 marks on it?

In June 2010 you meant? :tongue: Lots of Genetics Meiosis stuff for sure....DNA was a big question in F212 two weeks ago if you recall it...Genomes and Gene Technologies is a huge topic...there was Enzymes in F212 as well..Conservation? hmm Plant Hormones and Leaf Loss? Innate behaviours? hmmm Its impossible to determine what could feature...but it is obvious they don't assess everything...only some selected topics...hmmm
Original post by lmfw
DRD4 featured in June 2011, there was about 14 marks on it?

Do you mean 2010? :wink:
You're right though, it did :smile:
Yeah I know those are the topics, cos I read them in the Phillip Allan revision guide, but I meant the % of it in the paper

20% is Synoptic...it says that on that page read above the list
Reply 975
ahha yes June 2010! this exam is taking over everything!! :tongue:
Reply 976
Anyone else not understand how it can possibly be 20% synoptic? I mean from the two past papers we have i've only seen a couple of synpotic questions and they were just two marks or so. I'm confused :smile:
20% is Synoptic...it says that on that page read above the list

Yeah I know, but I was thinking maybe identify (like you did) what %/topics were being tested synoptically in each of the papers? That might narrow down the list :tongue:
Original post by lmfw
Yeaah i've never really understood that idea!! It might be just me but I didn't really notice any synopsis in January 2011? I mean maybe the "For each type of muscle, identify where in the thorax this type of muscle may be found"?

Exactly I dont get that either :s-smilie:
Reply 979
Exactly I dont get that either :s-smilie:

OCR just being evil? There doesn't seem to be a massive amount of application questions either! Though, i'm not complaining :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending