The Student Room Group

[BUSS3] AQA Business Unit 3 anyone? [Friday 10th of June 2011]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by mohammed_1
What grade are you currently on?

I have a B already, am 4 UMS off an A.

So I need a low B in Unit 3 to secure that A, but when I did Unit 3 before I got a high C a few marks away from a B.

Am slyly bricking it, but hopefully decent stuff comes up.

What about you? Hows revision going too? ^_^
Reply 201
Original post by slacker07906
Sales

January- 16
February- 18
March-22
April- 24
May-14
June-5
July- 30

So for 4 point moving averages for feb you would add 16 + 18 + 22 + 24 = 80 + 4 = 20.

Correct me if I'm wrong I've never done 4 quarter ones as you don't need to know that...well its not in textbook.

Thanks man

and in the tutor2u buss3 course companion it mentions 4 qu moving averages, and it asks you to work out 4 qu moving averages in a practice question in the CGP revision guide
Reply 202
Original post by rmcneil
can anyone explain how to compare current ratio with acid test ratio results? i'm a bit unsure about the relation between the 2, e.g. what does a high current ratio/low acid test ratio indicate?

thanks!

high means they have lots of assets in relations to liabilities

acid test ratio is the currect test - stock as stock is the least liquid asset.

ideal current ratio = 1.5:1 as it includes stock so it should be higher
ideal acid test = 1:1
Reply 203
what is the difference between differentiation and diversification?
Original post by ro.

ideal for current is 1.5:1 to 2:1
ideal for acid is 0.75:1 to 1:1
Reply 205
Original post by ro.
what is the difference between differentiation and diversification?

...vaguely:
Diversification - ansoff matrix - new product new market - very risk compared to ansoff's other marketing strategies
Differentiation - porter's generic strategies - making the product sustainably different from those of rivals in order to gain a competitive advantage.
Reply 206
if i have an asset turnover of 1.07 does that mean that for every pound in assets im making 1.07 in revenue, or 0.43 in revenue?

HELPPPPP
Reply 207
Original post by ro.

thank you! and the ratio is liabilities:assets right?
Reply 208
omg i'm completely baffled with investment appraisal .... HELP !!
Reply 209
Original post by praj1
if i have an asset turnover of 1.07 does that mean that for every pound in assets im making 1.07 in revenue, or 0.43 in revenue?

HELPPPPP

did you get that from the textbook? i think that's a printing mistake, may be wrong but i'm pretty sure our teacher pointed that out to us once
Reply 210
Original post by rmcneil
did you get that from the textbook? i think that's a printing mistake, may be wrong but i'm pretty sure our teacher pointed that out to us once

yep i got that from the book....so what is the real figure?

asset turnover is 1.07 ....so does that mean for every pound in asset you generate £1.07?
Reply 211
Original post by est~*~
omg i'm completely baffled with investment appraisal .... HELP !!

all you gotta remember is :

payback = how many years and months till you make you money back on the investment....

A.R.R

add up the NET FLOWS (profit) for each year....subtract the initial investment ....(so now you have a profit for the whole number of years).....divide it by the number of years (giving you an average over the number of years) and divide the answer by the original investment x100....

NPV

multiply the NET FLOW (profit) of each year by its corresponding discount factor, add them all up....subtract initial investment...
Reply 212
Original post by ainm
Grade boundaries of the last couple BUSS3 exams.

Jan2011 A*-51(90) A-46(80) B- 41(70) C- 36(60) D- 31 (50) E-27 (40)

June2010 A*- 51(90) A- 45(80) B-39(70) C-33(60) D-28(50) E-23 (40)

where did you get these from?

cos my teacher just emailed me back the essay i posted earlier and he said i got 4, 14, 13, 25 respectively in the questions = 56 = A*??
Reply 213
Original post by ro.
where did you get these from?

cos my teacher just emailed me back the essay i posted earlier and he said i got 4, 14, 13, 25 respectively in the questions = 56 = A*??

The exam is out of 80 therefore you got 56/80 the grade boundaries are in raw marks
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 214
Original post by rmcneil
thank you! and the ratio is liabilities:assets right?

nah assets:liabilities
Reply 215
could someone clear up how you use a workforce plan?

and what are financial efficiency ratios?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 216
will we ever get asked to calculate net cash flow?
Reply 217
Original post by Ree-Shay
The exam is out of 80 therefore you got 56/80 the grade boundaries are in raw marks

So is this an A* lol?, cos according to the grade boundaries 51 raw marks = A* and i got 56...

may seem like a dumb question but 56/80 = 70% which is the minimum for a B i thought...
Reply 218
has anyone been told by their teachers etc what is most likely to come up for this exam? Also how is the exam structured marks wise? :s-smilie: Should I be working at 'a mark a minute' e.g. if question is 12 marks, spend 12 minutes answering it? thankyou
Original post by ro.
So is this an A* lol?, cos according to the grade boundaries 51 raw marks = A* and i got 56...

may seem like a dumb question but 56/80 = 70% which is the minimum for a B i thought...

Depends on how easy/hard the paper is.

I think it will be mostly Ratio questions this time thus 56/80 to go to 72/80 in UMS marks may not seem daft.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending