The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by Hemzo
I hate the feeling after your exams wondering whether you did well or not :aff:

I hate the fact that you feel less ad less confident as time goes on :tongue: That's why I write predictions of how I think it went the day I have done it so I can look back and reassure myself (It never works :wink:)
Reply 701
Original post by tateco
I hate the fact that you feel less ad less confident as time goes on :tongue: That's why I write predictions of how I think it went the day I have done it so I can look back and reassure myself (It never works :wink:)

Oddly enough, it's the 12 marker on the economics paper that I'm not so sure about. I could get an A overall at AS with a B, but I worked my arse off so I could get an A :tongue:
Original post by tateco
Remember they'll be more impressed by you fully understanding a more basic theory than you trying to struggle your way through the hardest book you can find :tongue:

I suppose so :tongue: can you recommend any books ?
Reply 703
Original post by vinchenzo25
I suppose so :tongue: can you recommend any books ?

There are lots of good books out there that can be related to your interests. I don't really want to give a specific list on this thread because it basically reveals my personal statement to the competition :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 704
Original post by Hemzo
Oddly enough, it's the 12 marker on the economics paper that I'm not so sure about. I could get an A overall at AS with a B, but I worked my arse off so I could get an A :tongue:

Really? how come?
Original post by vinchenzo25
cheers ! i know - i tried to read the general theory and gave up after the first few chapters :| hopefully i can give it another go :colondollar:

Don't think General Theory is the best book for you to read really. There are others which will provide much more information and offer more to discuss. Reading General Theory also seems very contrived.

On another note- emails sent, I'll post the reply's when I get them.
Reply 706
Original post by tateco
Really? how come?

Said something about rise in Imports, I read the extract and said that it was impacting supply through increase in prices. But I originally wrote that AD would shift outwards.. I crossed it out and wrote out the supply bit, but ack.. I'm not too sure
Reply 707
Original post by Hemzo
Said something about rise in Imports, I read the extract and said that it was impacting supply through increase in prices. But I originally wrote that AD would shift outwards.. I crossed it out and wrote out the supply bit, but ack.. I'm not too sure

Did you do the supply side question?

If it was then the correct thing to do was shift SRAS left
Reply 708
Original post by tateco
Did you do the supply side question?

If it was then the correct thing to do was shift SRAS left

Aye I did that one and aye I did that aswell. Hope it's the right thing, but ah well.. Time to crack on with A2 and enjoy my spare time :biggrin:

I'm assuming you did it aswell?
Reply 709
Original post by Hemzo
Aye I did that one and aye I did that aswell. Hope it's the right thing, but ah well.. Time to crack on with A2 and enjoy my spare time :biggrin:

I'm assuming you did it aswell?

It is the right thing to do, I'm 95% sure :tongue:

Indeed, I'm trying to stop worrying too, can't change it now!
Reply 710
Original post by tateco
It is the right thing to do, I'm 95% sure :tongue:

Indeed, I'm trying to stop worrying too, can't change it now!

Very true :smile:
Reply 711
Original post by Hemzo
Very true :smile:

What you doing in your spare time over the next few weeks then?
Reply 712
Original post by tateco
What you doing in your spare time over the next few weeks then?

Chill out with my guitar, brush up on my rusty Portuguese and most importantly Fifa :tongue:

How about you mate?
Reply 713
Original post by Hemzo
Chill out with my guitar, brush up on my rusty Portuguese and most importantly Fifa :tongue:

How about you mate?

Ahh I used to play piano, turns out I'm not much of a musical person :wink: Just reading a few books, going out and also going on the Xbox :tongue:
Reply 714
Original post by tateco
Ahh I used to play piano, turns out I'm not much of a musical person :wink: Just reading a few books, going out and also going on the Xbox :tongue:

Piano's pretty fun, but with any instrument, it's only fun if you know how to play it :tongue:

What games do you normally play on the xbox?
Reply 715
Original post by Hemzo
Piano's pretty fun, but with any instrument, it's only fun if you know how to play it :tongue:

What games do you normally play on the xbox?

It's definitely something you can only enjoy and prosper at if you are naturally talented in that area.

It varies a lot, I don't really go on it that much, just when I'm bored :tongue:
Reply 716
Original post by tateco
It's definitely something you can only enjoy and prosper at if you are naturally talented in that area.

It varies a lot, I don't really go on it that much, just when I'm bored :tongue:

Yeah I think I'm pretty talented at Fifa, not sure what the university will think of that haha :tongue:
Which reminds me, how long until we actually send off our PS's? Don't we send them off around November time?
Reply 717
Original post by Hemzo
Yeah I think I'm pretty talented at Fifa, not sure what the university will think of that haha :tongue:
Which reminds me, how long until we actually send off our PS's? Don't we send them off around November time?

Might be an interesting angle for the personal statement there, just hope the admissions tutor is a fan of your chosen club :wink:

Well the Oxbridge deadline is 15th October so I personally will be submitting my UCAS form before then, but I think applications to all other universities (for economics) can be submitted as late as ~10th January I think? It's probably better to get it in early, though. Just so you can get considered quicker and start making plans as the offers/rejections come through!
Reply 718
Original post by tateco
Might be an interesting angle for the personal statement there, just hope the admissions tutor is a fan of your chosen club :wink:

Well the Oxbridge deadline is 15th October so I personally will be submitting my UCAS form before then, but I think applications to all other universities (for economics) can be submitted as late as ~10th January I think? It's probably better to get it in early, though. Just so you can get considered quicker and start making plans as the offers/rejections come through!

Understandably, you're applying to Cambridge right? :smile:

And hopefully a fellow Blues supporter :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 719
Just started my personal statement! 1446 characters so far and I have barely said anything compared to what I want - this could be tricky. :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending