The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3560
got my ukcat at the beggining of august! anyone know any preperation material? (like, workbooks with plenty of examples!?)..

also, is anyone doing extended project for july? I am and i've done nothing..

doing biology, chemistry, physics & art at the moment, dropping art this year aswell...

opinions on doing a French As level alongside the science A2's next year!?
Original post by manic_fuzz
ah they don't make different papers, i'm pretty sure it's all the same one, but they get everyone who takes it to sign a contract thing to declare that they shan't discuss it, plus, as if anyone would try and help out anyone else by telling them the questions afterwards, in this situation medicine is too competitive to be nice :wink: :laugh:

I don't think this is the case, as I can imagine some people would be willing to pay someone else who isn't applying for medicine to just take the test, then tell them the answers. I expect it's more like for each sub section there's a hundred or more questions, and the ones you get are a random few from that pool.
Original post by Nator
Well if it's a yes, fancy dissecting some past papers + discussing answers and helping each other out in the Summer? :smile: It's always good to have another person to confer with :biggrin:

Definitely, over msn/skype or something would be great. Invite my exwife in on it as well, she sounded cleva.
Original post by Straight up G
Yes it is, stop whining. Even your username is whining. Boom. ****, I hate little girls like that. Who moan on about Zain Malik and gossip like crazy and think its funny to ****ing giggle all the time and the thing is they're only like 11/12, its ****ing horrible.

It's a work in progress. It's not as simple as 'clean it up', I'll probably have to hire a skip for all the crap. I haven't made anything concrete but Leeds is almost definite really. I swear you wanted to stay in London? It looked like it with the unis you mentioned to me anyway.

I really do not know. You're evil, I knew that previously. Jeremy Kyle is too good, from how rubbish Jeremy is to how even more rubbish the ****ing guests are. Today was a classic episode. I'm not going anymore, I've got a different place sorted. And tbh, I'm damn good at kitchen stuff, washing up, cleaning and making tea (not that I should be telling you this).

My username is not necessarily whiny, it could be interpreted in many ways :h: LOOL, I talk about Zayn Malik a lot :redface: though since he's gotten with that bloody Rebecca, I've been a bit disheartened. Haha I know what you mean though, my 12 year old cousin is going through that embarassing phase with the whole myspace posed pics on fb and annoying captions. It's sad lol.

It is as simple as 'clean it up'. My room was soso messy, couldn't actually see my desk, or my floor. But it's all tidy now :cute: sort of...And yeah, it would be nice to stay in London, my top choice of uni is a London one, but bit risky to stick to them only, might have a better chance elsewhere. Thinking of Birmingham, maybe Leicester.

I'm not evil, I was always lovely to you :biggrin: Can't watch too much of it though, the screaming gives me a headache. Was watching Maury the other day, my mum looked so disappointed :lol: Aw, you'd make such a lovely househusband, don't be ashamed :h:

Definitely, over msn/skype or something would be great. Invite my exwife in on it as well, she sounded cleva.

You blates miss me.
Original post by Normandy114
I don't think this is the case, as I can imagine some people would be willing to pay someone else who isn't applying for medicine to just take the test, then tell them the answers. I expect it's more like for each sub section there's a hundred or more questions, and the ones you get are a random few from that pool.

oh that was just what i read :smile:
and oh my, a bit... extreme, but i agree, that does sound likely :tongue:
Original post by oHellno
My username is not necessarily whiny, it could be interpreted in many ways :h: LOOL, I talk about Zayn Malik a lot :redface: though since he's gotten with that bloody Rebecca, I've been a bit disheartened. Haha I know what you mean though, my 12 year old cousin is going through that embarassing phase with the whole myspace posed pics on fb and annoying captions. It's sad lol.

It is as simple as 'clean it up'. My room was soso messy, couldn't actually see my desk, or my floor. But it's all tidy now :cute: sort of...And yeah, it would be nice to stay in London, my top choice of uni is a London one, but bit risky to stick to them only, might have a better chance elsewhere. Thinking of Birmingham, maybe Leicester.

I'm not evil, I was always lovely to you :biggrin: Can't watch too much of it though, the screaming gives me a headache. Was watching Maury the other day, my mum looked so disappointed :lol: Aw, you'd make such a lovely househusband, don't be ashamed :h:

You blates miss me.

It is whiny. Shut up. And shut up about this Malik boy. OMG I hate people like your cousin. You got an air rifle lying around? That'd teach her.

It's not. Mine is worse. There's around 3000 pieces of chewing stuck under my desk. Theres around 5,000,000 pieces of dirty underwear lying around, and old skittles wrappers, old orange peel, like 6000 plates, bla bla bla. It's horrible.

Imperial? And yeah, Birmingham, Leicester, Leeds classic paki. No surprise and no shame.

You are. And yeah, daytime TV is bad for you, I sympathise with your mother (really tempted to make a ya mum joke but I'm not gonna cause my humour is above that). There's no such thing as househusband, and I aint neva doin cleanin when theres a woman in the house.

And blates
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3566

Yeah sure thing :biggrin: And yeah ofc if she wants to join she can :smile:
they call me doctor jones
Original post by l.a.s
got my ukcat at the beggining of august! anyone know any preperation material? (like, workbooks with plenty of examples!?)..

also, is anyone doing extended project for july? I am and i've done nothing..

doing biology, chemistry, physics & art at the moment, dropping art this year aswell...

opinions on doing a French As level alongside the science A2's next year!?

I've done extended project, started it summer of first year and finished it in Feb :smile: What are you doing yours on?

Erm 600 question book or something along those lines, people rant and rave about it, I'm gonna get it this time round :smile:

French would add an extra element to your application and I guess you could consider it 'relief' from all the sciency stuff, but if you're doing extended throughout the year you don't want to take on too much :P
What dates is everyone doing their UKCAT?
I'm hoping to do it near the end of august but not on the last day of august because I think it could be eid. :biggrin:
Original post by Quackers93
I've done extended project, started it summer of first year and finished it in Feb :smile: What are you doing yours on?

Erm 600 question book or something along those lines, people rant and rave about it, I'm gonna get it this time round :smile:

French would add an extra element to your application and I guess you could consider it 'relief' from all the sciency stuff, but if you're doing extended throughout the year you don't want to take on too much :P

I'm going to be doing my EPQ next year but not sure what to do it on yet. Probably something smart drugs related and how it can benefit medicine, people and society and general.

I've got the "Passing the UKCAT" book. As it was it was recommended by some past students from my school and the teacher. Also I'm skint and can't afford the 600 UKCAT book. :redface:

I can't seem to find something different to do for my application I just feel that my application will be like everybody elses and there will be nothing to make it stand out.
Reply 3571
Original post by Quackers93

thankyou! art was my relief this year; and it worked, bit more chatty subject which i could enjoy away from all the science and exam pressures! Yer, on amazon the 600 question thing has good reviews from loads of people, so im buying that.

and my extended project is in next month (oh dear..) and i'm writing about How the Humans are pushing their own species to extintion (lots of global warming, nuclear war, industrialization, all that stuff, and i'll also generalize about the human species selfishness and lazyness to the aspects of life on our planet.. all that kind of stuff! - whilst im posting this, if any one knows of anything worth watching or reading (interesting stuff) around this, please do let me know!)
It is whiny. Shut up. And shut up about this Malik boy. OMG I hate people like your cousin. You got an air rifle lying around? That'd teach her.

It's not. Mine is worse. There's around 3000 pieces of chewing stuck under my desk. Theres around 5,000,000 pieces of dirty underwear lying around, and old skittles wrappers, old orange peel, like 6000 plates, bla bla bla. It's horrible.

Imperial? And yeah, Birmingham, Leicester, Leeds classic paki. No surprise and no shame.

You are. And yeah, daytime TV is bad for you, I sympathise with your mother (really tempted to make a ya mum joke but I'm not gonna cause my humour is above that). There's no such thing as househusband, and I aint neva doin cleanin when theres a woman in the house.

And blates

Why should I shut up about Malik? He's so beautiful :puppyeyes: Hahaa she's sweet, irl, or at least around the family she's so quiet and like sensible, but then her and her friends on facebook seem a little crazy. It's strange :frown:

Are you being serious about your room? :nothing: That's disgusting. I accidently left orange peel on my desk for a few hours during exams and was disgusted at myself :lol: LOL please sort that out thought, that is not cool, or hygienic. :nope:

Nah, I'm not applying to all three of those, maybe one or two. Leeds to very unlikely, but haven't ruled it out just yet. Haha why, where are you thinking of applying? I am not ashamed of my motherland :cool:

Don't wanna diss the mother in law, I get it :h: LOL I don't watch it often enough for you to sympathise with her. Mm, double negative there makes a positive :teeth: Can you make a nice cup of chai?

Blates :h:
Original post by Limitless

I'm hoping to do it near the end of august but not on the last day of august because I think it could be eid. :biggrin:

Yeah I was going to do 30th and then realised I didn't want to do it on Eid lol, I'm doing 24th :smile:
Original post by oHellno
Yeah I was going to do 30th and then realised I didn't want to do it on Eid lol, I'm doing 24th :smile:

I'm doing voluntary work and work experience throughout the summer and Ramadhan. :frown:
Not much of a summer holiday :frown:
I'm doing voluntary work and work experience throughout the summer and Ramadhan. :frown:
Not much of a summer holiday :frown:

Work experience is good fun though :smile:. And there's always the weekend for summer stuff.
Reply 3576
Original post by oHellno

Yo HellNo, your husband and I thought whether you would like to join us in prep for BMAT in the Summer, through like MSN/Skype or anything, what ya say? :smile:
I'm going to be doing my EPQ next year but not sure what to do it on yet. Probably something smart drugs related and how it can benefit medicine, people and society and general.

I've got the "Passing the UKCAT" book. As it was it was recommended by some past students from my school and the teacher. Also I'm skint and can't afford the 600 UKCAT book. :redface:

I can't seem to find something different to do for my application I just feel that my application will be like everybody elses and there will be nothing to make it stand out.

I would suggest picking something that your supervisor knows nothing about because that way if you can't find out something or dunno if its 100% right you can just blag it and no one would know :ninja: lol that was my plan, but then I got asked to send it to the Haemochromatosis society who we're the experts so I had to get it right :frown: I think a lot of people go for that sort of thing, if you come across anything unusual it might stand out more in your ps?

I think i mighta had that book last year (although i didnt really use it :tongue:)

Original post by l.a.s
thankyou! art was my relief this year; and it worked, bit more chatty subject which i could enjoy away from all the science and exam pressures! Yer, on amazon the 600 question thing has good reviews from loads of people, so im buying that.

and my extended project is in next month (oh dear..) and i'm writing about How the Humans are pushing their own species to extintion (lots of global warming, nuclear war, industrialization, all that stuff, and i'll also generalize about the human species selfishness and lazyness to the aspects of life on our planet.. all that kind of stuff! - whilst im posting this, if any one knows of anything worth watching or reading (interesting stuff) around this, please do let me know!)

I wish I'd done that, I loved art gcse but they wouldn't let me take too many :frown: Ah well good luck with that! Hope it all goes well for you :smile:
Original post by Normandy114
Work experience is good fun though :smile:. And there's always the weekend for summer stuff.

I'll probably be getting a job over the summer. :redface:

Ahh eid! I forgot :tongue: , i booked mine 31st August :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending