The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography B

Hello, this is a thread for the edexcel geo people. i wanted to make the thread so that we can talk about the content and generally help each other. Gd luck with everyone thats taking the exam. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya I'm doing it too :smile: Do you happen to have a checklist of everything we need to know for the Unit 1 exam?
Reply 2
Original post by RebeccaLM
Hiya I'm doing it too :smile: Do you happen to have a checklist of everything we need to know for the Unit 1 exam?

I don't have a checklist, but people upload some pretty good resources on this site: http://edexcelbgeog.ning.com/forum
:smile:
Reply 3

No, sorry i dont have a checklist but if there is anything you need to know feel free to ask me :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you :smile: Do you have any case study notes on soft-engineering along the coastline?
Reply 5
Original post by Baddream
I don't have a checklist, but people upload some pretty good resources on this site: http://edexcelbgeog.ning.com/forum
:smile:

Thank you, I like ning too it's really good :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you :smile: Do you have any case study notes on soft-engineering along the coastline?

Nope. did we need to have some?
btw, whats your case study for extreme climates?

and have you started revising for unit 2?
Reply 7
I don't know if we need a case study for that or not but I just wanted to check :smile:
I don't do extreme climates, I do oceans on the edge, sorry.
And I did unit 2 last year so I just have unit 1 and DME this year. When is the Unit 2 exam this year?
Hi so which year are you all in? I'm taking this too Monday morning right :frown: I'm worried!!! Our teacher only finished the last topic today!!! Dear god!!!
Reply 9
Im doing every Unit in the next two weeks, too many case studies to be remembering :/
Reply 10
Hey join the club:biggrin: i have unit 1 and there are TOO many case studies:frown: + i have ICT exam on the same day+ I have no idea How to pass my DME for geography:/
Reply 11
Im doing unit 2 next friday, glad theres a thread on this.
Im doing foundation though, really wish I was doing higher :frown:
can you get a b on foundation geography, thats what someone said if you get C's on all the other units and the coursework :s-smilie: ?
Original post by Chriss95
Im doing unit 2 next friday, glad theres a thread on this.
Im doing foundation though, really wish I was doing higher :frown:
can you get a b on foundation geography, thats what someone said if you get C's on all the other units and the coursework :s-smilie: ?

That's true as long as you get high Cs in exam and good grade in coursework.
Taking this exam on Monday, not revised a single case study yet. Is this exam and the DME together worth 50%?
Reply 14
Original post by Member737,514
Taking this exam on Monday, not revised a single case study yet. Is this exam and the DME together worth 50%?

Yes, they are each worth 25%
Reply 15
Original post by Stardust Mirage
That's true as long as you get high Cs in exam and good grade in coursework.

Oh thats great!
Thats actually motivated me more now,
thank you!

Are you taking unit 3 next friday?
Original post by Chriss95
Oh thats great!
Thats actually motivated me more now,
thank you!

Are you taking unit 3 next friday?

Isn't it unit 2 next week then unit 3 the week after? I'm only doing unit 2 and unit 3 because ive already got an A for unit 1. In our school some people are entered for unit 1 for the 3rd time, which basically is a joke. Btw getting a B would be easy on foundation because you only need 31/50 to get a C and I'm sure you can get more marks than that to obtain a B.
Original post by Stardust Mirage
Isn't it unit 2 next week then unit 3 the week after? I'm only doing unit 2 and unit 3 because ive already got an A for unit 1. In our school some people are entered for unit 1 for the 3rd time, which basically is a joke. Btw getting a B would be easy on foundation because you only need 31/50 to get a C and I'm sure you can get more marks than that to obtain a B.

...You can't get above a C in any foundation test. :tongue:
Original post by InadequateJusticex
...You can't get above a C in any foundation test. :tongue:

Well if you get high c's in your exams on foundation and obtain a good grade on the coursework you can get a B overall.
Reply 19
When is your exam? :biggrin: I'm taking the IGCSE Geo paper is precisely 12 hours :smile: Which is probably why I should try and get some sleep now :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending