The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by High As A Kite
hook, line, and sinker!

EMBARRASSING* and, no! i didnt change anything! :smile:

im sorry :colondollar: please dont exile me to chapman haha :wink:

Fair play, I'm only human. My spelling is awful apart from the word accommodation.
(edited 12 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by makingamemory
LOL!!
I'll laugh if you end up in like Mary Champan for that

AWWWW HE IS SOOOOO ADORABLE! Bless him and he has some moves! (Do they actually sell uniforms? Kinda weird/sad *dont hate me!*)

That's what I thought, and the extra comments mocking us are funny like my best friend thought she'd have to take a matress up with her to Leicester and was wondering how that would work on a train. :facepalm:

haha the more I spend my time away from home the more the sound of paying a tenner extra each week to spend as much time in MY bathroom doesn't sound that bad.
just got to work out if I have enough for it
plus we do not know what we'll get next year :s-smilie: hopefully we'll get our first choice though.

hopefully we'll get in first!

and I've just realised you were trying to get back on track and it wasn't a hint at me oops :tongue: Ah well

:biggrin: I wondered where they got the mini uniform from haha!
And yes, let's hope we get in! My exam is on Monday and I don't know what the hell I'm doing on here! *goes to revise*

hook, line, and sinker!

EMBARRASSING* and, no! i didnt change anything! :smile:

im sorry :colondollar: please dont exile me to chapman haha :wink:

LMAO! :biggrin:
Original post by diamonddust
:biggrin: I wondered where they got the mini uniform from haha!
And yes, let's hope we get in! My exam is on Monday and I don't know what the hell I'm doing on here! *goes to revise*

LMAO! :biggrin:

maybe it's like HSM where they sell the uniform in like Walmart or something?

Good luck! :smile:

13 more evil days and then I am free!
Could anyone tell me what day international arrivals usually move in? I think I read on the UEA website that it was sometime in the mid-week before the start of semester - for last year anyway - but that's since been taken off the site. I'm travelling in the UK in the month preceding moving in so I want to be able to be as precise as possible when making plans!
Original post by emilykate57
Could anyone tell me what day international arrivals usually move in? I think I read on the UEA website that it was sometime in the mid-week before the start of semester - for last year anyway - but that's since been taken off the site. I'm travelling in the UK in the month preceding moving in so I want to be able to be as precise as possible when making plans!

International arrival days are the 21st and 22nd of September. You can arrive at any time on these days but we will have help for you to move in in place (people to help with luggage, directions etc) between about 9am and 6pm.
Reply 1625
Original post by UEAAccommodation
International arrival days are the 21st and 22nd of September. You can arrive at any time on these days but we will have help for you to move in in place (people to help with luggage, directions etc) between about 9am and 6pm.

I know we have to sign up for the shuttle service from Norwich airport to UEA but do you, by any chance, know what times the shuttle usually arrives at and leaves the airport?
I just bought my plane ticket and my flight is scheduled to arrive at 4:30pm, and I know the offices will be open till 8pm during the international arrival days, but will the shuttles run that late too?

Thanks!
Original post by jelly1000
Its ziggerats :redface: But hey we have the same first and second choices. I would have put the Ziggerats 3rd if it wasn't for the fact you share a bathroom with more people.

:blush: I'm sorry! I don't even know why I spelt it like like that... And I did it twice... But seeing as people are going crazy over spelling, I think I might go and correct it... Maybe I shouldn't be doing an English degree at all...

That's what puts me off them (that and the fact I clearly can't spell them) too. I really hope I get my first choice. I wouldn't mind being in the village too much either, but I'd prefer to be on campus so it's relatively close to the centre of campus in comparison.

Man if I choose the village you have a nice trek for advice/food :wink: haha I'm kidding.
Do we have to give a preference for each type of accommodation? Because after the main three I do not have a clue (/not interested)

Good luck to you too, have you done your French exam yet, if so how did it go?

*checks spelling as you guys have gone nazi over it* :tongue:

It wouldn't be too much hassle for food! :wink: Nah, I'm joking; I'll have to learn to cook sooner or later... (Shudders at the thought of the disgusting things I'll end up forcing myself to eat...)

Yep, and I felt the same. With the last ones it was a case of choosing between places I wouldn't like to live based on which one I thought would be worse. There's no point in lying; I had to ask my mum which she would prefer in order to make a decision on one the comparisons...

Thank you! :biggrin: I have one part of it (the speaking bit) out of the way but all my exams are next week, the written ones. The French speaking section was awful. I ranted about it over on the offers thread... I was asked some seriously ridiculous questions that were hardly related to the topic at all and my french wasn't good enough to improvise when I was asked if I would ever be a feminist and if I liked men or women more... But there's still the written exam. I must learn to breathe French between now and then...

If you've had any of your exams, I hope they went well! :smile:

You pedant, you! :tongue:

Hmmph. :tongue: I put the studio third and the village 1st and campus en suite 2nd.

*joins in the pedantry* :tongue: :cool:
You all suck! Everyone knows the village is way more awesome than campus en suite will ever EVER be! :cool: Do you guys have a Glee boxset? Do you? :tongue: :laugh:

Ah, it's not a very long walk. :biggrin: Besides, we don't know what we're going to get until the results come in, or if we get in...

Now I must go and revise some more...

And correct my mistake, seeing as it's caused so much irritation for people...
Original post by ThePurpleRose
:blush: I'm sorry! I don't even know why I spelt it like like that... And I did it twice... But seeing as people are going crazy over spelling, I think I might go and correct it... Maybe I shouldn't be doing an English degree at all...

That's what puts me off them (that and the fact I clearly can't spell them) too. I really hope I get my first choice. I wouldn't mind being in the village too much either, but I'd prefer to be on campus so it's relatively close to the centre of campus in comparison.

It wouldn't be too much hassle for food! :wink: Nah, I'm joking; I'll have to learn to cook sooner or later... (Shudders at the thought of the disgusting things I'll end up forcing myself to eat...)

Yep, and I felt the same. With the last ones it was a case of choosing between places I wouldn't like to live based on which one I thought would be worse. There's no point in lying; I had to ask my mum which she would prefer in order to make a decision on one the comparisons...

Thank you! :biggrin: I have one part of it (the speaking bit) out of the way but all my exams are next week, the written ones. The French speaking section was awful. I ranted about it over on the offers thread... I was asked some seriously ridiculous questions that were hardly related to the topic at all and my french wasn't good enough to improvise when I was asked if I would ever be a feminist and if I liked men or women more... But there's still the written exam. I must learn to breathe French between now and then...

Ah, it's not a very long walk. :biggrin: Besides, we don't know what we're going to get until the results come in, or if we get in...

Now I must go and revise some more...

And correct my mistake, seeing as it's caused so much irritation for people...

Haha, it wasn't you who caused the mass pedantic...ness. *cough* made up word alert* :tongue:

Good luck hun! I need to revise too. *cry*
i hope my place at UEA is still in tact :frown:
i hope my place at UEA is still in tact :frown:

What's happened? You didn't do that really hard looking History exam today did you? :console: I'm sure everything will be fine in the end!
What's happened? You didn't do that really hard looking History exam today did you? :console: I'm sure everything will be fine in the end!

yes, i did :redface: just hope everyone suffered lol :colone:

I hope so too! more exams to come, gotta stay confident and motivated. i was so pissed after the exam because i thought i had completely screwed up... turns out i just screwed up !

how many exams do you have/have you done? really hope everyone in this thread gets through - all seem like a really fun group of people :smile:
Reply 1631
I'm packing up my room at the moment and trying not to cry!
Original post by BethanW

At least you still have another 2 years to enjoy UEA.
yes, i did :redface: just hope everyone suffered lol :colone:

I hope so too! more exams to come, gotta stay confident and motivated. i was so pissed after the exam because i thought i had completely screwed up... turns out i just screwed up !

how many exams do you have/have you done? really hope everyone in this thread gets through - all seem like a really fun group of people :smile:

I've done 3 so far including the Jan exam and I have 4 more left. *shudder* Got 3 coming up from Monday and one the week after. Then they're all over! Not doing a great job at revising though. :sad:
Original post by BethanW

Awww! :hugs:
Original post by ThePurpleRose

haha Oh I know the feeling I tried to make tomato risotto today which resembled orange puke >.< taste all right though. My friends pyschology teacher bought her a student cookbook as a leaving present (it's a surprise the girl can make toast!) which I might buy as the dishes were all easy to make and yummy looking. Plus its only like £3 on Amazon.

ooo that's a good idea :wink: I think MC will probably be my last choice then again I really don't want to put something before that which I know I couldn't afford.

Awww I'm sure it wasn't that bad, was your topic feminism or did they go off topic and lead you to that? So do you like men or women more? :wink: haha

My art exam was bad I got a C :/ which somehow pulled my overall A2 to a C and as I got a C last year, I now have a nice ... C lol which means atm I've not fulfilled my offer. Although after my teacher dropped that bomb I had to spend the next day making a few amendments to it to hopefully pull it up to a B. The one thing that annoys me is that I worked my butt off with the coursework and got 90/100 and cwk is weighted more than the exam so how it pulled it down so drastically is beyond me.
I just have to hope for the best and that if I miss the B it's by a few marks and hopefully I'll get an A in Bio/Geo or both (dunno which one ill get an A in so I'm gunning for both) that UEA will see that in the end art is completely irrelevant and wouldn't affect my performance/ability at all during my course.

On a better note I did get 36/45 on my horrendous biology coursework which is brilliant because I would have been happy with just a pass on that mental thing.
My biology retake was good (except for Edexcels little faux pas which landed them on the BBC website) hope I got the few extra marks to bring the AS to an A.

Just dreading both my geography papers this week. Doesn't help that on the AS paper the year 12s sat recently AQA had messed up the question making it impossible to answer. I just hope there aren't any of those mistakes as I'm stressed about the tests as it is! Dreading the issues paper too as it's completely hit and miss. My teacher even said we know the stuff, they just try to trip you up to knock your confidence. (and it works!)

Original post by BethanW

Awww what accommodation did you live in this year?

Aw guys we WILL get in! We will, we will, we will! Come September we shall be moving into our accommodation and enjoying freshers! It's a shame the admissions team isn't on here too to see how much we really want to be there next year.
Aw guys we WILL get in! We will, we will, we will! Come September we shall be moving into our accommodation and enjoying freshers! It's a shame the admissions team isn't on here too to see how much we really want to be there next year.

feeling the positive vibes. i love UEA so much.

back to friday night revision i go... :s-smilie:
I wanted a picture of UEA pinned to my wall but all the nice ones with the lake in the background have people in them and i thought it would be a bit weird to be looking at pictures of strangers during my revision haha (Johnny Depp doesn't count...)
so i have a picture of one of the ziggurats spurring me on!
Reply 1637
I am also seriously doubting my chances of getting into UEA after the OCR History exam today. The questions weren't terrible but I didn't come away feeling particularly confident.

AQA Geography coming up on Tuesday and I don't know any of the course content and have done barely any revision due to focusing on History. However, low grade boundaries will hopefully see me through as the human topics shouldn't be overly difficult to learn. But I essentially have 3 days to revise my arse off. Figuring there is 24 hours in a day, 20 hours of revision each day until Tuesday should scrape me a B :frown:

And then there's economics..

The problem is last year I got BBC, with 144, 140 and 138 out of 200. The fact that all are so close to the grade boundaries worries me as I could easily slip down to 3 C's.

And to bring this post remotely on topic, in the end my first choice was the zigathingymajigys, second was ensuite campus and third was orwell/wolfson. Hoping that, on the slim chance I actually get in, I will get one of my top 3 choices as I don't really want anywhere else.
Original post by Aodhán
I am also seriously doubting my chances of getting into UEA after the OCR History exam today. The questions weren't terrible but I didn't come away feeling particularly confident.

AQA Geography coming up on Tuesday and I don't know any of the course content and have done barely any revision due to focusing on History. However, low grade boundaries will hopefully see me through as the human topics shouldn't be overly difficult to learn. But I essentially have 3 days to revise my arse off. Figuring there is 24 hours in a day, 20 hours of revision each day until Tuesday should scrape me a B :frown:

And then there's economics..

The problem is last year I got BBC, with 144, 140 and 138 out of 200. The fact that all are so close to the grade boundaries worries me as I could easily slip down to 3 C's.

And to bring this post remotely on topic, in the end my first choice was the zigathingymajigys, second was ensuite campus and third was orwell/wolfson. Hoping that, on the slim chance I actually get in, I will get one of my top 3 choices as I don't really want anywhere else.

I am with you man. I am dreading this 40 mark essay. The wording of them always throws me, so I'm scared I'll get into the exam and sit there for a while wondering wtf it wants from me. lol
What are you three main topics? I'm hoping weather and conflict for the 25 markers and ecosystems for my essay. Screw globalisation (revising that atm... attempting to do more like just making sure I understand the basics). And do you have GEOG4B on Friday?

Good luck, we can do this! What's your offer?
Reply 1639
I am with you man. I am dreading this 40 mark essay. The wording of them always throws me, so I'm scared I'll get into the exam and sit there for a while wondering wtf it wants from me. lol
What are you three main topics? I'm hoping weather and conflict for the 25 markers and ecosystems for my essay. Screw globalisation (revising that atm... attempting to do more like just making sure I understand the basics). And do you have GEOG4B on Friday?

Good luck, we can do this! What's your offer?

We studied four topics; Weather and Climate, Tectonics, World Cities and Globalisation. Although we had a trainee teacher for the Weather and Climate section and she was pretty terrible and seeing as we only have to answer three, I'm discounting that in my revision. Globalisation and World Cities are somewhat easy to blag so if I revise enough of them and the case studies I'll get through it. It's just Tectonics that worries me as it's all pretty much factual and I don't really know any of the content. Most likely I'll do Globalisation for the 40 marker. My essay skills are alright in general due to History but I haven't been asked to hand in any for Geography since last year.

The only thing that reassures me is that I was in a similar situation last year, perhaps worse, and I managed to blag a B, still not sure how.

And yes, I'm doing GEOG4B on Friday. Comforting to know that I got a U in January :tongue:

Good luck to you too! I'm sure you'll be fine, and hopefully I will be too. My offer is BBB for International Relations, you?

Latest

Trending

Trending