The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

anybody here tried using the SPEC.... does it actually help?
Original post by heartskippedabeat
:eek:
Don't scare me! :tongue:

Haha dw if it comes up just say "God."
Then put a footnote (god is worth 10 marks. and qwc.)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by greenford
anybody here tried using the SPEC.... does it actually help?

Specimen paper or specification :smile:?
Original post by guitarmike456
Haha dw if it comes up just say "God."
Then put a footnote (god is worth 10 marks. and qwc.)

Haha no way, talking about creationism gets your whole paper cancelled! What would darwin think :tongue:
Haha no way, talking about creationism gets your whole paper cancelled! What would darwin think :tongue:

haha this is true

I can learn all the content in the course yet the exam technique is what i just seem to fall down in :/
Good luck y'all!
haha this is true

I can learn all the content in the course yet the exam technique is what i just seem to fall down in :/

Same here, i just tend to waffle on about everything but don't use the specific terms on the markscheme :/ I just realllly hope it's an okay paper, the thought of there being no resits if something goes wrong is making me so nervous :P
What grade do you need?
Original post by TobeTheHero
Good luck y'all!

You too :biggrin:
Same here, i just tend to waffle on about everything but don't use the specific terms on the markscheme :/ I just realllly hope it's an okay paper, the thought of there being no resits if something goes wrong is making me so nervous :P
What grade do you need?

Well I need an A which isn't too much pressure because of my other unit scores but I really want an A* which is like AH ITS SO EASY TO DROP 10% :frown:
you?
Well I need an A which isn't too much pressure because of my other unit scores but I really want an A* which is like AH ITS SO EASY TO DROP 10% :frown:
you?

wouldn't you get an A* dependant on UMS being 90% or 90/100 from the actual exam? :redface:
Original post by Waqar Y
wouldn't you get an A* dependant on UMS being 90% or 90/100 from the actual exam? :redface:

Yeah its the UMS I need 122 UMS in this unit for my A* but even then its no easy task :frown:
Yeah its the UMS I need 122 UMS in this unit for my A* but even then its no easy task :frown:

it's possible, i'm aiming around 120 to be sure I can get my A, because i don't trust coursework marks sometimes.
Original post by Waqar Y
it's possible, i'm aiming around 120 to be sure I can get my A, because i don't trust coursework marks sometimes.

MMhmm i place too much trust in them - I got full marks in one then for the next one came in far too hungover and got 8/14 (or out of 12 i forget :biggrin:) so hopefully the first mark was accurate :biggrin:
Reply 1213
Original post by kjenkins
hey guys.... the head of biology at my school writes the F215 Summer Paper and she said that what was written in the text book about homeobox genes and apoptosis was not how she liked and so wrote us a couple a4 sheets on it.... dunno if im looking into it too much but it could be a sign they may come up....
my friend has her as a teacher and said that when he asked her about coppicing during a lesson earlier this year she said it wasnt important to know details like that....

hope that helps :smile:

i doubt she wrote or helped write the exam for ocr as from what i know,
if a teacher teaches and writes the exam they cannot teach that exam boards specification. It would be very easy to cheat then.

But i do agree to some extent, i think that homeobox and apoptosis will come up. along with meiosis.
MMhmm i place too much trust in them - I got full marks in one then for the next one came in far too hungover and got 8/14 (or out of 12 i forget :biggrin:) so hopefully the first mark was accurate :biggrin:

Loll, if my coursework marks stayed the same then I'd need 110 for an A overall :frown: but I really want an A in this, i've worked too hard not to get it, pulling a C to an A from AS ;|
Hey. Just wondered whether anyone knew how much we should known on the Hardy-Weinburg Principle? I've grasped (well can copy from my notes, but by Monday!) that its a measure of genetic diversity among a group of individuals. And that its a mathematical model to calculate allele frequencies in populations with dominant and recessive alleles and the assumptions but do we need to remember the formula and how to manipulate it. I've tried to work it through and I know I wont remember it properly. Thank you.
Specimen paper or specification :smile:?

specification...
Original post by Waqar Y
Loll, if my coursework marks stayed the same then I'd need 110 for an A overall :frown: but I really want an A in this, i've worked too hard not to get it, pulling a C to an A from AS ;|

Wow! That's mighty impressive - well done!
Original post by Georgie298
Hey. Just wondered whether anyone knew how much we should known on the Hardy-Weinburg Principle? I've grasped (well can copy from my notes, but by Monday!) that its a measure of genetic diversity among a group of individuals. And that its a mathematical model to calculate allele frequencies in populations with dominant and recessive alleles and the assumptions but do we need to remember the formula and how to manipulate it. I've tried to work it through and I know I wont remember it properly. Thank you.

Do you do maths by any chance?
The formula is a perfect square :smile:
Original post by greenford
specification...

Nope, sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending