The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln is my firm choice! - Anyone else going? :)

Scroll to see replies

HELP***

Hey guys, I started this post funnily enough saying I was firming and of course definitely going! Well in fact now I am in a massive pickle but I think I know what I'm going to do. I'm randomly now in a band signed with a big record label (OSR, looks us up on facebook :biggrin:) and basically it's going so well that the label have told us they don't want us to go to uni!! :O........so I'm of course in a huge situation now. I love Lincoln, and really want to go. but this band is looking really positive, like a don't miss it, once in a lifetime opportunity. I think I may defer, but I don't know how Lincoln works with deferring after already firming my offer!........What shall I do!?!? and yeah I may come next september (2012), but then it's triple ****ing fees!!! What do you guys think I should do?
xxx
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by jimmy92goodwin
HELP***

Hey guys, I started this post funnily enough saying I was firming and of course definitely going! Well in fact now I am in a massive pickle but I think I know what I'm going to do. I'm randomly now in a band signed with a big record label (OSR, looks us up on facebook :biggrin:) and basically it's going so well that the label have told us they don't want us to go to uni!! :O........so I'm of course in a huge situation now. I love Lincoln, and really want to go. but this band is looking really positive, like a don't miss it, once in a lifetime opportunity. I think I may defer, but I don't know how Lincoln works with deferring after already firming my offer!........What shall I do!?!? and yeah I may come next september (2012), but then it's triple ****ing fees!!! What do you guys think I should do?
xxx

I think you would be able to defer your place until 2012 if you contacted the university with a suitable excuse/reason.

I suppose you just have to decide if the record deal is worth paying £27,000 instead of £9,000 for 3 years at uni so I guess it depends what the record deal is actually offering you.
Original post by stevenmccullough
I think you would be able to defer your place until 2012 if you contacted the university with a suitable excuse/reason.

I suppose you just have to decide if the record deal is worth paying £27,000 instead of £9,000 for 3 years at uni so I guess it depends what the record deal is actually offering you.

Hey man, yeah see the thing is, the band is like exploding now, really starting to take off, the record label is already the largest house music label in the UK and wants to sell us onwards to majors etc. But of course like there's the other side of me that massively wants the uni experience, to do psychology, and to go to lincoln really! So it's gonna be mental having to decide soon! haha But yeah I suppose I could defer (if Lincoln would allow it) and pay the triple fees.........urgh **** makes me feel sick saying it haha. hmmm probably a risk worth taking when things are going this well :s-smilie:
Original post by jimmy92goodwin
Hey man, yeah see the thing is, the band is like exploding now, really starting to take off, the record label is already the largest house music label in the UK and wants to sell us onwards to majors etc. But of course like there's the other side of me that massively wants the uni experience, to do psychology, and to go to lincoln really! So it's gonna be mental having to decide soon! haha But yeah I suppose I could defer (if Lincoln would allow it) and pay the triple fees.........urgh **** makes me feel sick saying it haha. hmmm probably a risk worth taking when things are going this well :s-smilie:

The thing you'rve got to think about is- if you were allowed to defer, and sometime this year, things went wrong with the deal, would you regret having to pay all that extra money? I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it, but it's alot of money for someting that might not necessarily pay off. I've seen this happen to people before and it's a big risk.
Hey :smile: I'm hopefully studying Biomedical Science this September. Anyone doing this course too?!
Charlie :smile:
Reply 65
Got my unconditional for Animation, so so so excited!
Reply 66
Congrats ^ :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Miruza
Got my unconditional for Animation, so so so excited!

Lucky! Go a conditional offer for Animation myself :smile:
Reply 68
Lincoln is my firm choice, i'm hoping to study Psychology :smile: anyone else on here hoping to study Psychology?
I've also applied to the Student Village for my accomodation :tongue:

xxxxxx
Reply 69
Original post by Thax
Lucky! Go a conditional offer for Animation myself :smile:

Good luck, I hope it works out okay. :biggrin:
Goodbye first rate education, hello University of Lincoln.

Negged because the truth hurts
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
Lincolns down as my firm for architecture,
I've put brayford quay down as my first choice for accommodation because i thought that the student village rooms looked a tad like prison cells.
Anybody else chosen brayford quay for there accommodation?
Reply 72
Original post by 3collinso
Lincolns down as my firm for architecture,
I've put brayford quay down as my first choice for accommodation because i thought that the student village rooms looked a tad like prison cells.
Anybody else chosen brayford quay for there accommodation?

I put Pavillions as my first choice, it seemed a tad nicer than the courts and I heard that this year they will try to house first years together. Though I put the courts as my second, so I wouldn't really mind if I went there. I don't think I put Brayford Quay in my choices because I couldn't find any decent images or information about it.
Reply 73
Original post by Miruza
I put Pavillions as my first choice, it seemed a tad nicer than the courts and I heard that this year they will try to house first years together. Though I put the courts as my second, so I wouldn't really mind if I went there. I don't think I put Brayford Quay in my choices because I couldn't find any decent images or information about it.

If you go on youtube there's a video about it,
the video is a bit long winded though but they do show images of the bedrooms and the kitchen etc, the accommodation is far nicer than on campus though and is cheaper.
Pavillions is probably the best accommodation but you pay a £300.00 premium over the on campus accommodation.
Reply 74
Original post by 3collinso
If you go on youtube there's a video about it,
the video is a bit long winded though but they do show images of the bedrooms and the kitchen etc, the accommodation is far nicer than on campus though and is cheaper.
Pavillions is probably the best accommodation but you pay a £300.00 premium over the on campus accommodation.

Ah I can't remember if I saw it now. I did have a look on youtube when I was filling in my form. I know Pavilions is a little expensive, but it sounded that little bit nicer and I wouldn't mind paying the extra really.

I wish we could find out which accommodation we've been allocated sooner, at least for those of us who aren't waiting for A-level results.
Reply 75
Original post by Miruza
Ah I can't remember if I saw it now. I did have a look on youtube when I was filling in my form. I know Pavilions is a little expensive, but it sounded that little bit nicer and I wouldn't mind paying the extra really.

I wish we could find out which accommodation we've been allocated sooner, at least for those of us who aren't waiting for A-level results.

Yeah Pavillions is down as my second choice so i won't be too dis heartened if i get that one tbh and then i'll get a 3 quarter bed :smile:.
I've studied B-Tec so i've already got my distinctions so i think i'm definitely going.
The earliest we'll find out our accommodation is like the end of august i think :frown: but i'm sure they've allocated over 300 rooms specifically for freshers in Pavillions so i can imagine getting into that one, its just brayford quay i don't think i'll get into.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Hey guys! I've got an Unconditional for Illustration. Really nervous about waiting to find out which accommodation I'm in (I reaaallly want Park Court) and I'm anxious to see my reading list and the summer project the tutors said they'd give us :O
Firm choice for Lincoln too :smile:).
Any one applied for Park Court, I can not many reviews on it :/, really excited though !! :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by billyh110292
Firm choice for Lincoln too :smile:).
Any one applied for Park Court, I can not many reviews on it :/, really excited though !! :biggrin:

I want Park Court. Looked around it and I really liked the vibe I got there. It seems a little basic but other than that, it was lovely :3
Reply 79
Heyy :smile: I accepted an unconditional from Lincoln too so I am definitely going, so excited :smile: I'm doing Equine Science but opted for student village accomomdation rather than Riseholme! I'm on a gap year too, just got back from travelling Thailand and now I'm just counting down for Uni! xx

Quick Reply

Latest