The Student Room Group

OCR B Salters - F335 Exam - 15 June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prydie
If anyone is interested the UMS marks for the January F335 paper they are available here.

Hey looked at the ums marks for the f335 chemistry by design paper.
It says 80/120 for raw and 96/120 or ums.
When im marking my paper out of 120 and say i get 95/120 what grade would that be ?
Thanks
Reply 61
Original post by MissKeriBabey

Original post by MissKeriBabey
Hey looked at the ums marks for the f335 chemistry by design paper.
It says 80/120 for raw and 96/120 or ums.
When im marking my paper out of 120 and say i get 95/120 what grade would that be ?
Thanks

114/120 UMS, so high A (95%) !

Well done :h:
Reply 62
Anyone got revision notes for this unit? :smile:
Reply 63
i'm ****tin brix
Reply 64
Original post by sagskay
i'm ****tin brix

That must be painful.
Has anyone got end of unit tests for the units in this exams with the answers? Thanks :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by supernovainthesky
Has anyone got end of unit tests for the units in this exams with the answers? Thanks :smile:

Have you got the revision guide? Some good exam style end of unit questions in there :smile:
Original post by twelve
Have you got the revision guide? Some good exam style end of unit questions in there :smile:

Ive done most of them lol but thanks anyway and good luck :smile:
Reply 68
Is it me or is F335 not as hard as F334 or F332. I just did an F335 mock, havent marked it yet but i finished in under an hour and only missed out one 5 mark question. When I was doing F334 and F332 mocks, I felt more lost, F335 seems a lot more straight forward
Reply 69
Original post by tkoki1993
Is it me or is F335 not as hard as F334 or F332. I just did an F335 mock, havent marked it yet but i finished in under an hour and only missed out one 5 mark question. When I was doing F334 and F332 mocks, I felt more lost, F335 seems a lot more straight forward

No it definately is more straightforward. I think its because there is so little new content - there are only a couple of new things, and the rest is just a bit added on to what we already knew. And also the fact that so much is synoptic. There are far more simple naming questions, and circling chiral carbons and simple calculations. Although they do stick some nasty calculations in as well...
Reply 70
What have people scored on the Specimen Paper?
Reply 71
Original post by twelve

Original post by twelve
No it definately is more straightforward. I think its because there is so little new content - there are only a couple of new things, and the rest is just a bit added on to what we already knew. And also the fact that so much is synoptic. There are far more simple naming questions, and circling chiral carbons and simple calculations. Although they do stick some nasty calculations in as well...

The whole "Carrying out a synthesis" and knowing all the reagents and conditions could be an exams in itself though.
Reply 72
Has anyone got a definitive reaction conditions sheet? Revision guides are contradicting eachother....
Reply 73
Original post by Conor 419

Original post by Conor 419
Has anyone got a definitive reaction conditions sheet? Revision guides are contradicting eachother....

What reaction?
Reply 74
For all of the ones we need to remember. Reactions of Arenes, Halogenoalkanes etc.
Reply 75
All the reactions are in the textbook aren't they? And the revision guide is the same as in the textbook i think?
Reply 76
Anyone learnt the nitrogen cycle?
Reply 77
Fair enough, was just getting concerned.

Lastly, has the content changed much from last year, has there been anything extra added/removed?
Reply 78
Do we need to know all the reaction in the Nitrogen cycle?
Reply 79
Original post by twelve
My teacher said just the benzene rings and the N-N triple bond.

But when there was a question about would the colour of this molecules change if you add a different side group, the answer was accepted as yes or no - so yes would be correct if you said that it was because the chromophore as changed, and no would be correct if you said that the chromophore wouldn't be changed. So I think its one of those where it would be accepted either way...

yeah i thought it would be something like that. So if this question is asked in the exam when you circle the group should we also explain at the bottom why we have circled this particular thing, becuase im thinking of circling just the Ndouble bond N and two arene rings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending