The Student Room Group

Didn't write middle name on exam papers! OH SHI-

After finding out my Edexcel results login, I just realised you were meant to write the full name on the exam papers. I just wrote my First name and Last name!

Will they still be able to mark my papers, given that I wrote my candidate number and centre number fine?

Sorry if this is stupid, but I'm just panicking!!

EDIT: yep. probably deserved that neg. stupid question, sorry!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by MinorDisaster
After finding out my Edexcel results login, I just realised you were meant to write the full name on the exam papers. I just wrote my First name and Last name!

Will they still be able to mark my papers, given that I wrote my candidate number and centre number fine?

It's absolutely irrelevant and you should not worry. They could find out who you are from your center number and candidate number so your name is pretty much there for clarification.
you could write "MC F. Dong", and as long as your candidate number and centre number are there, they'd know where to send the marks.
Reply 3
No, you're fine, they tend to go on candidate numbers, not on names anyway. And unless there's two people at your school with your name it won't even be an issue.
Reply 4
I think my middle name is on the system but I have never ever wrote it. Not once. Mostly because I don't know how to spell it. My mum is half foreign so my grandma gave me that middle name. Begins with Se... from there I don't know what it is.

And yes, I have recieved results for them. Lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
oh thank god guys :biggrin:

cheers!

oh and i probably deserved that neg. stupid question, looking back retrospectively :frown:
I've never written my middle name on exams, it doesn't matter in the slightest :smile:
Reply 7
They really won't care; your surname, candidate number and centre number gives them all the necessary information to identify you. AQA don't even ask for your first name, just your surname and initials.
Don't worry, it's only a minor disaster.
Reply 9
People on TSR worry waaay too much.
Reply 10
These exam worry threads are funny :biggrin: The only time when you'd have a reason to worry is if you wrote your exam in pink permanent sharpie or wrote expletives all over your paper. I've never written my middle name on an exam paper and it's never been a problem.
I didn't put my middle name either- a) I hate it b) It wasn't down on my slip with candidate number etc c) I didn't really want it on my results certificates :wink:
Reply 12
At least you all have middle names.. :frown:
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
Don't worry, it's only a minor disaster.

That was very brave of you.

Nice one.
Original post by Deceiver
These exam worry threads are funny :biggrin: The only time when you'd have a reason to worry is if you wrote your exam in pink permanent sharpie or wrote expletives all over your paper. I've never written my middle name on an exam paper and it's never been a problem.

Even with a pink sharpie I think you could survive... was at this GCSE science thing once and apparently every year the chief examiner gets a pile of 'unscannables' to mark (e.g. when people write in pencil or something). But unless you particuarly want to annoy the chief examiner, I'd stick to black pen :L
Original post by Pandora.
At least you all have middle names.. :frown:

At least you don't have four, then a triple-barreled surname.
Don't worry I didn't and still got results from January Series
Original post by MinorDisaster

EDIT: yep. probably deserved that neg. stupid question, sorry!

Hi, I was just wondering, when you got your certificates was you middle name on them?
quick question.. I switched my surname with 'other names'.. is there something to worry about, or am I good?
haha pretty sure this is an old thread but again not to worry as long as you have your candidate and centre numbers correct all is well

Quick Reply

Latest