The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2780
From what i've heard, NTU is quite leniant when it comes to letting people in if they're only a few points off, may vary per course but I'm not guaranteed to get in, reckon it's gonna be cool though! you going abroad for your third year?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hey guys, I've got Nottingham Trent as my insurance (Sheffield as my firm), I was just wondering if I need to apply for accommodation now or do I only apply if I miss out on Sheffield and do it after that? Cheers
Original post by robtastic
Hey guys, I've got Nottingham Trent as my insurance (Sheffield as my firm), I was just wondering if I need to apply for accommodation now or do I only apply if I miss out on Sheffield and do it after that? Cheers

You do not apply for accomodation at your insurance offer. Only call them up if you do not get your firm offer.
Reply 2783
Original post by justiceisjust
I'm doing Law too mate. Where are you thinking accomodation wise?

Decent mate. I'm looking at a 6 bedroom flat at moment in glasshouse. What about you?
Reply 2784
Original post by tahira_d
oh so you're in Peverell? cool. :smile: hopefully I'll be staying on Clifton campus if i actually get into NTU!
oh, you were right... I'm studying French and Spanish

were are you stay at clifton, im going to be in new hall :smile:
hey does anyone know how much the accom costs?
Original post by ninjastare101
hey does anyone know how much the accom costs?

Which one? ¬¬ And you do realise that all the details are on their website? :/ Would have been far quicker looking there first than on here. All accomodation is different costs, and most of it is booked now too. You would have to be very lucky to get uni accomodation - best bet now is probably to look at private accomodation
Really stupid question, something I should've probably look into before applying/firming, but say my entry requirements are "280 UCAS points from 3 A-levels or equiv." - do my UCAS points from an AS level go towards the required 280 points, as well as 3 A levels? Or is it just from 3 A levels (eg: ACC/BBC)?

I'm gonna guess it's just from 3 A levels alone, but I'm hoping my AS counts ahaha...

:pierre:
Reply 2788
Original post by ironandwine
Really stupid question, something I should've probably look into before applying/firming, but say my entry requirements are "280 UCAS points from 3 A-levels or equiv." - do my UCAS points from an AS level go towards the required 280 points, as well as 3 A levels? Or is it just from 3 A levels (eg: ACC/BBC)?

I'm gonna guess it's just from 3 A levels alone, but I'm hoping my AS counts ahaha...

:pierre:

AS counts :smile:
Original post by vn2009
AS counts :smile:

Are you serious?!? What does your actual offer state, if you don't mind me asking? Like, ___ UCAS pts from 3 A levels, or 3 A levels and AS? I honestly thought I was just being too hopeful haha! But if it does, omgilovelife2k11 ;D

I might email them actually, but I don't know if they'd reply... ahaha.
Are you serious?!? What does your actual offer state, if you don't mind me asking? Like, ___ UCAS pts from 3 A levels, or 3 A levels and AS? I honestly thought I was just being too hopeful haha! But if it does, omgilovelife2k11 ;D

Every offer to each student can be differnt. Even for the same course at the same Uni.

Some offers take AS into account, some do not. I recieved both. If it only includes A-levels your offer will say 'From three a-levels'

A sure way to find out would be to log onto UCAS Track and check your offer details. It will state whether AS levels are included.
Original post by Pegasus2
Every offer to each student can be differnt. Even for the same course at the same Uni.

Some offers take AS into account, some do not. I recieved both. If it only includes A-levels your offer will say 'From three a-levels'

A sure way to find out would be to log onto UCAS Track and check your offer details. It will state whether AS levels are included.

Cheers man :smile: yeah I did do that earlier, but another friend of mine told me that AS's count even though it only states from 3 A levels, which is where my confusion originated!
Reply 2792

Yh am serious :smile:

It states 280 points so yeah should include ucas points.

U found more ppl who u living with btw? :smile:
Original post by vn2009

Yeah, I found this group of like 40 people, some being future residents and others current; and I found two people in my flat ;D and the current people living there have put like a billion photos of the accomodation up and it actually looks awesome, and there's a key to the roof so rooftop gatherings will be a must :h:

So excited ahaha, literally gonna be so crushed if I don't get in!

Have you found anymore people you're living with? :smile:
If it says XXX points it means A2 and AS plus extra points from other things like music theory etc.
If it says XXX points from 3 A-Levels or equiv. - It does not include AS. :smile: The equiv just means it can be IB or BTEC.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by vn2009

So BBC grade from 3 A-Levels then :smile:
Reply 2796
I'm in Blenheim room 242 :smile:
Reply 2797
Original post by rahul.10
Awesome :smile: Freshers is going to be immense! Only 140 days to go! Yeah, that's right, i'm counting :u:

I'm in room 242, that's assuming i get it :s-smilie:
Anyone in Gill Street?
Or.. anyone studying Fine Art?! I haven't met anybody else doing my course yet!
Reply 2799
I'm just wondering if anyone knows that after results come out would it be possible to ring up accommodation and try and change?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending