The Student Room Group

Can rep still be given for anonymous posts?

As above - i.e. if someone posts anonymously and I rep them, will they still receive it, or is it pointless to rate anonymous posts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HGMedic
As above - i.e. if someone posts anonymously and I rep them, will they still receive it, or is it pointless to rate anonymous posts?

The actual member behind the Anonymous won't receive it, no. The only purpose served by rating Anonymous posts is to act as a visual indicator to others about how liked or disliked a post was, it doesn't actually affect anyone's actual reputation.
No, post ratings left for anonymous posts will go to the "Anonymous" account rather than the underlying member.
Original post by Illusionary
No, post ratings left for anonymous posts will go to the "Anonymous" account rather than the underlying member.

Out of interest, does the Anonymous account have normally functioning rep, or is it locked on one green gem?
Reply 4
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Out of interest, does the Anonymous account have normally functioning rep, or is it locked on one green gem?

I'm pretty sure I saw it on 2 gems the other day (or maybe it was a really pointless dream). Would also like to know the answer to this.
Original post by Zottula
I'm pretty sure I saw it on 2 gems the other day (or maybe it was a really pointless dream). Would also like to know the answer to this.

At the moment the Anonymous account still has normally functioning rep, but I'm not completely sure that's intended. We've raised the question with admin to check.
Reply 6
Original post by Illusionary
At the moment the Anonymous account still has normally functioning rep, but I'm not completely sure that's intended. We've raised the question with admin to check.

I thought as much. So it's quite possible I wasn't imagining it when I saw anon with 2 green gems the other day. Seems a bit pointless to have normally functioning rep.
Reply 7
Original post by Zottula
I thought as much. So it's quite possible I wasn't imagining it when I saw anon with 2 green gems the other day. Seems a bit pointless to have normally functioning rep.

Pointless, but also harmless.
Reply 8
Anonymous surely can't have rep enabled. The amount of trolls will have knocked it miles into the red.
Reply 9
Original post by DayneD89
Pointless, but also harmless.

Very true.
Original post by cambo211
Anonymous surely can't have rep enabled. The amount of trolls will have knocked it miles into the red.

Anonymous posts don't really get repped much, maybe it gets a high proportion of -0 reps as well :dontknow:
Reply 11
Anonymous posts don't really get repped much, maybe it gets a high proportion of -0 reps as well :dontknow:

I've seen a fair few of the non-reported troll threads with negs into the 20's :dontknow:
Original post by cambo211
I've seen a fair few of the non-reported troll threads with negs into the 20's :dontknow:

Maybe there's a supermod manually adjusting it from time to time :holmes:
Reply 13
Maybe there's a supermod manually adjusting it from time to time :holmes:

:iiam:
Reply 14
I swear I've seen anon with 2 gems before now. If I ever catch anon again with a change in rep I will print screen.
I've got an idea what may be happening here, but need to check something first...
Original post by Zottula
I swear I've seen anon with 2 gems before now. If I ever catch anon again with a change in rep I will print screen.

It has two gems atm.
Reply 17
Original post by sandys1000
It has two gems atm.

So it does. Not just me then!
Make the gems a lovely colour. Make them disco.
if we do rep an anonymous post then do we lose how many posts we can rep a day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending