The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5540
It's probably been said before but my flat mate had the excellent notion that our good friend cap'n jack put river in jail...would explain a few things :cute:

I wish the episodes were still up on iplayer, dying to rewatch them :moon:
I want a sonic screwdriver :puppyeyes:
I didn't see the first Gangers confidential in the end. Quite sad about that really, I tend to enjoy the confidentals. :frown:

Anyone mind telling me if anything interesting happened in it?
Original post by skipp
It's probably been said before but my flat mate had the excellent notion that our good friend cap'n jack put river in jail...would explain a few things :cute:

I wish the episodes were still up on iplayer, dying to rewatch them :moon:

I could upload it for you but not sure if iplayer files can be uploaded?
Oh and theory! Not sure if been said before but in the Big Bang, there was lots of things that didn't make sense. One of these was when the Doctor didn't exist, how come Earth wasn't destroyed by all the aliens that attacked it before since the Doctor protects it? In 'A good man goes to war' Kovarian says they go to war against him and River says that he caused them to attack him out of fear. So what if they only attacked Earth out of fear of the Doctor. His home planet is destroyed so they attack Earth because of him liking it. When the Doctor didn't exist, no fear of him so Earth wasn't attacked, hence normal Earth in The Big Bang. :redface:
Original post by ??????????????????
I could upload it for you but not sure if iplayer files can be uploaded?
Oh and theory! Not sure if been said before but in the Big Bang, there was lots of things that didn't make sense. One of these was when the Doctor didn't exist, how come Earth wasn't destroyed by all the aliens that attacked it before since the Doctor protects it? In 'A good man goes to war' Kovarian says they go to war against him and River says that he caused them to attack him out of fear. So what if they only attacked Earth out of fear of the Doctor. His home planet is destroyed so they attack Earth because of him liking it. When the Doctor didn't exist, no fear of him so Earth wasn't attacked, hence normal Earth in The Big Bang. :redface:

I'm not sure, but I think the Doctor inadvertantly helped create the Daleks, so there's one race gone when he's wiped from existance...
Reply 5545
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
If you use your phone as an alarm, and can set the alarm tone, I could send you the mp3 I'm using.

OOOOOH yes please :colondollar:
Does anyone know whether the Beeb will put this series back on i-player :frown: I missed the last four eps due to revision. Maybe before the next half of the series??? Does anyone know the date of this, I don't want to look for it in case of spoilers (though unfortunately I nearly read the BBC article on Arthur Davrill and I kind of possibly now know something that I really wish I didn't :frown: )
But I really want to watch it
Original post by humy369
OOOOOH yes please :colondollar:

PM me your email address then.
Original post by (",)
Does anyone know whether the Beeb will put this series back on i-player :frown: I missed the last four eps due to revision. Maybe before the next half of the series??? Does anyone know the date of this, I don't want to look for it in case of spoilers (though unfortunately I nearly read the BBC article on Arthur Davrill and I kind of possibly now know something that I really wish I didn't :frown: )
But I really want to watch it

I don't think they can, due to licensing restrictions on what they can have on iPlayer, how long they can have it on, etc etc
I'm not sure, but I think the Doctor inadvertantly helped create the Daleks, so there's one race gone when he's wiped from existance...

Not quite, the Time Lords sent him to Skaro to destroy the Daleks before they were created, but the Doctor didnt like the idea of slaughter so just sabotaged the experiments which set them back about a thousand years.

The Daleks have always had a bit of a floating continuity since in their first story there was onlya few of them and they needed radiation to survive and could only move on magnetic floors.
I guess I missed the memo, but why do we have to wait until September for the rest of the series? :frown:
Original post by ablackirish

Original post by ablackirish
I guess I missed the memo, but why do we have to wait until September for the rest of the series? :frown:

Pulling in/retaining more viewers I think, give 'em a massive cliffhanger and make them wait. Means people don't dip out halfway through the series.
Original post by drbluebox
Not quite, the Time Lords sent him to Skaro to destroy the Daleks before they were created, but the Doctor didnt like the idea of slaughter so just sabotaged the experiments which set them back about a thousand years.

The Daleks have always had a bit of a floating continuity since in their first story there was onlya few of them and they needed radiation to survive and could only move on magnetic floors.

Thanks for that. I haven't watched many old Who. I knew he got sent back in Genesis of the Daleks, but couldnt remember what quite happened.
Coz it had pirates :awesome:
Sonic screwdrivers are cool.

Nahhh.

:biggrin:

Also, words can't describe my happiness when I found out that Arthur Darvills mum was Whybird from Playdays (or rather, the voice of Whybird). Whybird was amazing. :love:

EDIT: I'm fairly certain that I've "regenerated" this picture almost as many times as the Master has...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Colonel.
Coz it had pirates :awesome:

I reckon it had more to do with Arthur Darvill with no shirt on for a significant period of that episode.
His acting is better than his chest (not that it's hard).
Original post by Colonel.
His acting is better than his chest (not that it's hard).

True, true, but I know people who would disagree (my friend is obsessed, it's hilarious). I love Rory. :love: And the Doctor, of course.
Reply 5558
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
And final ratings:

The Impossible Astronaut 8.86 million

Day of the Moon 7.30 million

The Curse of the Black Spot 7.85 million

The Doctor’s Wife 7.97 million

The Rebel Flesh 7.35 million

The Almost People 6.72 million

A Good Man Goes to War 7.57 million

Does not count iPlayer ratings. Solid ratings.

Curiously the weakest episode critically had a higher number of viewers than the mid-series finale.

It had pirates in so people were going to watch it regardless tbh.
Original post by Oncoming Storm
Nahhh.

:biggrin:

Also, words can't describe my happiness when I found out that Arthur Darvills mum was Whybird from Playdays (or rather, the voice of Whybird). Whybird was amazing. :love:

EDIT: I'm fairly certain that I've "regenerated" this picture almost as many times as the Master has...

Nooo, don't make the Master into a hipster-tard :'( I see the kind of douchebags who wear those kind of glasses, with their skinny purple jeans, on a weekly basis.

Latest

Trending

Trending