The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Gonna go crazy on ALL past papers today and hopefully to attempt them at least 2 times.
Original post by greenford
Im alright with information, its just that application bit is hard.....
How mnay mars do your reckon I can get if I am bad at application of knowledge?

Application questions ie Synoptic questions equates to 20% of the paper. So you do the calculation.
Original post by heartskippedabeat
How important is all this meristem stuff (2.4.2) do people think? It's not in my revision guide so i haven't really done much revision on it, not sure if i should bother :/

It could be important and they can throw in synoptic questions from AS like how plant xylem vessels divides - so here you will talk about mitosis with division of the meristem tissues. Revise plant biology in unit 1 :biggrin:

Good luck.
Original post by Luke0011
Hey everyone! How's all your revision going?

My perfect exam paper would be:
massive questions on transcription/translation
big question on sliding filament model
Big question on lac operon :P
A genetic question, with a hardy-weinberg or chi squared thrown in
PCR question,
Artificial cloning and plant cloning
Incorporating a gene into a bacterial plasmid etc
NONE OF MODULE 3 :wink: haha :smile:
and a bit about behaviour!

I would be so happy if that all came up ;D

Haha, Great minds think alike. That would be my dream paper too.
I'm praying the paper will turn out to be like that :biggrin:
Thaaaank you :dance:

How is everyone feeling for the exam?
Original post by DontPropositionMe
Thaaaank you :dance:

How is everyone feeling for the exam?

Not that good ... I feel like I've been revising it for months and months but still don't feel like I know everything! Hoping for some really nice questions :biggrin:
Original post by Jhyzone
Gonna go crazy on ALL past papers today and hopefully to attempt them at least 2 times.

heya :h: I only have 2 past papers, how many do you have? can you find more online? x
Original post by BeekieBoo
Not that good ... I feel like I've been revising it for months and months but still don't feel like I know everything! Hoping for some really nice questions :biggrin:

I hope it's lac operon, ecosystem, population size, couple of easy labelling diagrams like meoisis, discontinuous v continuous natural selection, GI, nd some electrophoresis. :colone:

I'm screwed if it's muscles or auxins! Hopefully we'll be fine :smile:
27 HOURS AND 22 MINUTES 19 SECONDS REMAIN UNTIL THIS EXAM BEGINS :eek:
Reply 1769
Judging by the 2011 Jan paper, the paper tomorrow will have a large bit on drawing a punet squared and genetic diagrams :frown: ahhhh!
Reply 1770
Original post by Mally-xo
heya :h: I only have 2 past papers, how many do you have? can you find more online? x

Paperbank.co.uk :smile:
Original post by gradu
Judging by the 2011 Jan paper, the paper tomorrow will have a large bit on drawing a punet squared and genetic diagrams :frown: ahhhh!

i'm ok with genetic diagrams, thank god!
Original post by intellectual1
27 hours and 22 minutes 19 seconds remain until this exam begins :eek:

why are you doing this to me?
:frown:
Original post by gradu
Paperbank.co.uk :smile:

urm that kinda just took me to some random comparison site, and when I tried 'thepaperbank', which I am guessing you meant, it flagged up as a potential threat on my antivirus. so thanks... btw I didn't neg you lol :tongue:
Original post by gradu

Could even have the chi squared and an essay on Meiosis... Jan11 Unit 1 had a list of boxes to fill in with letters...hmmm
Original post by intellectual1
27 HOURS AND 22 MINUTES 19 SECONDS REMAIN UNTIL THIS EXAM BEGINS :eek:

:cry2:
Hey could someone please tell me in the heinemann book 2.2 spread 12, exactly how much do we need to know is it everything including the info in the table?
Thanks
Original post by Jhyzone
It could be important and they can throw in synoptic questions from AS like how plant xylem vessels divides - so here you will talk about mitosis with division of the meristem tissues. Revise plant biology in unit 1 :biggrin:

Good luck.

Ahhh no I hope they don't! But thanks :biggrin: You too!
Reply 1778
Original post by Mally-xo
urm that kinda just took me to some random comparison site, and when I tried 'thepaperbank', which I am guessing you meant, it flagged up as a potential threat on my antivirus. so thanks... btw I didn't neg you lol :tongue:

Use pastpapers.org, the paperbank is doggy for ads and virus' :smile:
Original post by Kirbester
why are you doing this to me?
:frown:

We only have about 16 hours of solid revision time...it is incredible how quick the last 2 weeks went...in exactly 12 days all exams will be over...:eek:It can't be that bad...as long as you have summarised the textbook and made concise notes as well as done the specimen and the other past papers you should be fine. Remember just 37 marks are required to gain a pass out of 100 marks whilst the A has been at 59 marks and 60 marks out of 100. It does'nt vary much, since there is alot of content in this examination.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending