The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mcfilly
Do you guys think the nitrogen cycle will come up?

If I am being honest, when I read it in the textbook, I was clueless. The CGP (I hear the groans... lol) revision guide went through it nicely in my opinion. I just made notes using that.
Reply 1841
Anyone got a good guess of what is most likley to come up?
Random question...but in gene therapy its used to only treat reccessive conditions right?? y not dominant? is it because you cant mask the expression?
Original post by wilsea05
nah it was just a stab in the dark tbh, what do you think?

I'm going with that, have no clue what the answer is thats why i was checking lol
Reply 1844
Original post by wilsea05
nah it was just a stab in the dark tbh, what do you think?

Your answer to one is correct I have the markscheme to those questions, they're legacy.
Reply 1845
Original post by Study Buddy
Good LUCK everyone!!!f215 jan 2011 paper.pdfif you still need it.:cool:

mate you are a legend! do you know where to get the mark scheme for it though?
What are the advantages of innate behaviour? The textbooks dont explain it very well.. -_-
Original post by aquarius00
Random question...but in gene therapy its used to only treat reccessive conditions right?? y not dominant? is it because you cant mask the expression?

Yes only recessive, and because technology isnt that good yet,
you can technically mask the expression of a dominant allele like in epistasis i think, and when you have two dominant alele where one is functioning and one isnt,

I would definielty say its down to lack of information on how to do it because technically you can insert a functioning gene into a cell just make sure its dominant can you not? :s-smilie:
Original post by DontPropositionMe
I hope it's lac operon, ecosystem, population size, couple of easy labelling diagrams like meoisis, discontinuous v continuous natural selection, GI, nd some electrophoresis. :colone:

I'm screwed if it's muscles or auxins! Hopefully we'll be fine :smile:

I love muscles!! Hoping for a MASSIVE essay question all about the contraction of them, that'd be good. Nothing on ecology please? I really can't do ecology!
Reply 1849
Original post by Humz7
mate you are a legend! do you know where to get the mark scheme for it though?

I have markscheme, PM me e-mail address or tell me how to attach LOL?
Original post by Ro27
Your answer to one is correct I have the markscheme to those questions, they're legacy.

Oh ok, my bad then
Reply 1851
Original post by Arab_Empress
Oh ok, my bad then

Trust me, my answer was way off LOL. 0 marks :biggrin:
Original post by Arab_Empress
oo now i worry, what did you write?

I meant I wrote about the neurones sending impulses to the cerebrum and stuff. So not what the mark scheme said at all really. But like they said, it's not in the book :smile:
Original post by fortunecookie
Ah awesome, that's exactly how I answered it, so when I saw the mark scheme I was a bit like :lolwut:
Just checking I hadn't missed out a big section!

any bullet point maybe ?

:colondollar: thanks in advance by the way
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1854
Is the engineering of rice likely anyone???????
As I have no clue on it..

I'm thinking muscles may make an appearance!
Original post by Ro27
Trust me, my answer was way off LOL. 0 marks :biggrin:

yeah same i wouldnt have been able to answer that, well i bet u now that we know it its obviously not gona come up lol
Reply 1856
Original post by catherinegalloway
What are the advantages of innate behaviour? The textbooks dont explain it very well.. -_-

So you're a little bee, and you have a short life span lol......

Innate behaviour gives you instant reflexes which will help you survive, parents don't exactly nurture/protect invertebrates!
Also life span is so short, there's really no time to learn and have social bonds like the ones seen in primates.
I think this is a relatively simple question, but could someone explain to me what a transcription factor is? Is it something that causes something to start being transcribed?

Also, could someone just check I have this right ....
Bivalent - Two homologous pairs of chromosomes, joined at chiasmata.
Homologous chromosomes: Two chromatids (Is this the same as sister chromatids?)
Reply 1858
This may sound stupid - but what is leghaemoglobin??
Original post by Ro27
So you're a little bee, and you have a short life span lol......

Innate behaviour gives you instant reflexes which will help you survive, parents don't exactly nurture/protect invertebrates!
Also life span is so short, there's really no time to learn and have social bonds like the ones seen in primates.

Ahh thankyou very much! that makes alot more sense now haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending