The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AishaTara
ohhh, sounds interesting. I'm going to watch that then :biggrin:

A friend of mine wishes there was like a 4Gb memory card you could slot into your brain in order to remember thinks, although that would kind of defeat the point of life. Everyone would be equally as capable of doing anything they'd like.

4GB, I need 10TB of memory(I know a lot of random facts and useless junk). :biggrin:

The memory cards would be really really expensive though and only the rich would be able to afford them and then there would be a black market for these cards.
Original post by Limitless
4GB, I need 10TB of memory(I know a lot of random facts and useless junk). :biggrin:

The memory cards would be really really expensive though and only the rich would be able to afford them and then there would be a black market for these cards.

You say that, but the entire works of shakespeare are only a few megabytes in total :tongue:. That's a LOT of random facts you know.
Original post by Normandy114
You say that, but the entire works of shakespeare are only a few megabytes in total :tongue:. That's a LOT of random facts you know.

Tell me about it. :biggrin:
I might be doing extended project what are you thinking about doing yours on?

lesicter accept the extended project as an A/S level

i'm doing mine medicine related

Exactly, and we'd be like robots :/ and it would make us all the same then, so with jobs, we could all do it, and then life wouldn't be about improving ourselves at all, and it would cause health problems too.
Tell me about it. :biggrin:

you know, i've been told by a teacher from a private school that i should not apply to cambridge, he is a super nice guy, but he says that they are harsh, ect

i come on tsr, and i sort of indirectly get the message too

:smile:

If i do apply, it would be to destroy the MASSIVE tree of un-equal oppurtunity.

or for the 'name' which for a medical degree doesn't matter:smile:

^^ We just wait and see
Exactly, and we'd be like robots :/ and it would make us all the same then, so with jobs, we could all do it, and then life wouldn't be about improving ourselves at all, and it would cause health problems too.

if we had a 4gb memory, there would be nothing like schools, ect. We would have emotions, so we wouldn't exactly be robots, however, it would mean that perhaps, only the rich could afford this expensive technology - so learning, best education would not be different.

Those from better schools get better education, pre-university, after university, they are all the same.
Original post by fightersfight
you know, i've been told by a teacher from a private school that i should not apply to cambridge, he is a super nice guy, but he says that they are harsh, ect

^^ We just wait and see

I'm not really that keen on Cambridge xD but I sort of feel like applying just to see what would happen :tongue: I won't.... but it would be interesting xD

^^ We just wait and see

You're sixthformer, aren't you? How many times have you been banned now? :tongue:
lesicter accept the extended project as an A/S level

i'm doing mine medicine related

Really I thought EPQ gets you UCAS points and medical schools don't do UCAS points. Thanks :biggrin:

^^ We just wait and see

I was thinking Oxbridge I go to a private school but I thought there is no point applying to an extremely competitive university for medicine which would just be a waster of choice. I mean my GCSE grades are average and I want to apply to places where I have a higher chance of getting into.
if we had a 4gb memory, there would be nothing like schools, ect. We would have emotions, so we wouldn't exactly be robots, however, it would mean that perhaps, only the rich could afford this expensive technology - so learning, best education would not be different.

Those from better schools get better education, pre-university, after university, they are all the same.

Yeahh, and I actually like learning and I do enjoy school :frown:
except for exams, stress, and pressure :L but still, I think alot of sensible people will go against it anyway if it happened.

It is only a what if no need to look into it in so much detail lol. :redface:
except for exams, stress, and pressure :L but still, I think alot of sensible people will go against it anyway if it happened.

Really I like stress and pressure it keeps me focussed. The only good thing about exams is the feeling you get when you have done well at the end of it.
Really I like stress and pressure it keeps me focussed. The only good thing about exams is the feeling you get when you have done well at the end of it.

xD I actually like doing exams... just not when it goes horribly wrong and I forget everything :tongue: It's sort of exciting to see what questions come up...

...and now we've established just what an exciting life I lead. :ashamed:

Hmm I suppose so, abit of stress and pressure does not harm, but it's the thought of not making it etc, but it's true, the hard work does pay off!
If it wasn't for school etc, I wonder how bored I'd eventually get, just doing nothing...oh, and how ignorant I'd be :/
Really I thought EPQ gets you UCAS points and medical schools don't do UCAS points. Thanks :biggrin:

I was thinking Oxbridge I go to a private school but I thought there is no point applying to an extremely competitive university for medicine which would just be a waster of choice. I mean my GCSE grades are average and I want to apply to places where I have a higher chance of getting into.

you really have an equal chance of applying to cambridge, or any other medical school. the number of applicnats per place are equal. Cambridge take GCSE's in context, and UMS marks too.

But there will be people who get very low grades(like me) but get in (not like me)

=D to be frank, the teaching is really, all the same, in cambridge, imperial, kele, lesicter, oxford...ucl all the same

don't ever let somebody tell you that you can't do something. if people can't do something themselves, they'll tell you that you can't.

you've got to dream, and you've got to protect it. PERIOD.
Original post by Joseppea
I'm not really that keen on Cambridge xD but I sort of feel like applying just to see what would happen :tongue: I won't.... but it would be interesting xD

I'll play it wisely lol. If my A/S grades are C's i won't apply, so most likely i won't

=) just have to play it wisely.

I am avoiding PBL universities like anything. I don't mind if i have to re-apply 3 times, but not PBL. It's not for me.

I want 50-60% lectures, and maybe group work and practicals ect.

pbl = half learn something, get taught it by people in your group who also half learn it...not productive in my eyes tbh - BUT WHAT DO I KNOW?

Original post by Normandy114
You're sixthformer, aren't you? How many times have you been banned now? :tongue:

GUYS, i was wondering, for the quantitative reasoning on the UKCAT, do you just pick out scimming the relevant parts of the question, and then, guess the answer by elimination?

Or do you use the calculator?

:s-smilie: i use the calc, and i use up too much time:frown:
GUYS, i was wondering, for the quantitative reasoning on the UKCAT, do you just pick out scimming the relevant parts of the question, and then, guess the answer by elimination?

Or do you use the calculator?

:s-smilie: i use the calc, and i use up too much time:frown:

The ones I think I'll know the answer to, I spend time on - others I just guess xD

It's the area I most need to work on for time management, I hate when they just throw millions of numbers at you. :eek:
The ones I think I'll know the answer to, I spend time on - others I just guess xD

It's the area I most need to work on for time management, I hate when they just throw millions of numbers at you. :eek:

exactly!

so many numbers, sometime, the questions needs time to decode it!

what about abstract reasoning? how wierd is that?

I know the rules but...95% of the time, it's impossible to find

Latest

Trending

Trending