The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Can anyone please explain the monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies bit on the last question of the January 2011 paper? I really don't understand the mark scheme's relevance to the question.

Original post by LibbyU
Does anyone else have other exams tomorrow as well as this one or is it just me? Ive got an exam at 9am then this one at 1.30pm :frown: FML

Yup, I've got Core 3 in the morning too, slightly annoying. They're both resits though so any extra marks is a bonus.
Reply 341
i said monoclonal are used to detect specific antibodies not a range of antibodies... therefore they are more effective when someone does not have many bacteria

another advantage was that specific proven treatment can be given to the person along with teh monoclonal antibodies being used to DETECT, not neccesarily DESTROY what bacteria are in theeeerrr....

I think i got full marks for that one so wooooooop

HOPE THAT HELPS MAAATEE.. BUT IM STILL TRIIIIPIN BALLS
KILL ME SOMEONE JUST KILL ME :woo:

:getmecoat:
Original post by nackai
ma gooods im feeling so confused about this exam.... ive got the jan 2011 one and the jan 2010 one.... definately going to be something on DNA profiling and mabey on ecology... but there was alot of stuff on ecology in jan 2011.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO FOCUS ON..... IM FREAKIN BALLS :P :P :P

I reckon it's going to be a lot on immune system. I'm hoping there is less on ecology and DNA profiling.

And you're not the only one :wink:
Reply 344
ahahahaa.... feeling the same way
I hope there is less ecology in this one, there was a lot of it in Jan 2011 so hopefully not much this time round! But, who knows, edexcel have become so unpredictable!
Has anyone posted the jan 2011 paper on here? I need to print it out again...i think i've lost the copy i had on my laptop :emo:.

Plz someone let me know, thanks XD
Reply 347
Am nervous about this exam, I want an A so if Unit 5 is a bitch my Unit 4 would boost up my grade
Reply 348
do we need to know about gram +ve and gram -ve bacteria????
Original post by blush.ox
Has anyone posted the jan 2011 paper on here? I need to print it out again...i think i've lost the copy i had on my laptop :emo:.

Plz someone let me know, thanks XD

Page 8, near the bottom.
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Page 8, near the bottom.

:awesome: thankyouuuu xD

Oh and good luck :tongue:
Reply 351
Original post by bashx
do we need to know about gram +ve and gram -ve bacteria????

I dont think we do, it isnt in the specification
Reply 352
Is i just me or the Jan-10 paper for this unit was just easy.

I scored 74/90 which was well above the raw marks for full UMS.
Original post by blush.ox
:awesome: thankyouuuu xD

Oh and good luck :tongue:

You're welcome and haha same to you :tongue:

Original post by Legit
Is i just me or the Jan-10 paper for this unit was just easy.

I scored 74/90 which was well above the raw marks for full UMS.

Found it the easiest out of all em. There was a 13 mark difference between my score on Jan 10 and Jan 11.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by darkiee
This is few notes that someone from this website made that i think can help. If you wants some last minutes brush up on the syllabus.

THANKYOU this is soo good.
im possibly gonna jus read all this today :smile:
Reply 355
Yeah Jan10 was guuud!
Jan 11 Suckd though! Big tym! -__-

Let's just hope June 11 Rocks! xDxD :tongue:
Original post by imaam
Do we have to know about the humoral response (activation and effector stages) and cell mediated response? We learnt it in class, but its not in the spec or the CGP revision guide????? Thanks!

yehh you do,
their both part of specific immunity
Reply 357
Original post by jam277
Likelyhood will be PCR then. Also I think there'll be a time of death question as there was no time of death question last time, maybe an explanation of rigor mortis?

Yupp! PCR! They'l prolly ask abt the Primers & how da procedure is carried 0ut .. i guess :tongue:

Yeah Rigor Mortis... though this has come in the Specimen ppr .. but hu knows? It's Edexcel we're Dealing wd!:rolleyes:
Reply 358
..And as sm1n posted earlier Succession might come too!
Plus definitions of GPP/NPP.. etc

Bsta luck Every1n! :wink:
let's all Smash this ppr! xD! :biggrin:
whats your predictionsss on the exam ppl????

hope there is more immunity
few ecology - succession wud be piss easyyy!
they shud give a long answer q on immunity
orrr
do synoptic elements of dna
would be easierr

hope no global warming stuff comes up
andddd dont forget photosynthesisss!!

i get so confused when its light dependent and independent..
anyone got a great way of rememberin them???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending