The Student Room Group

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by INeedToRevise
Be careful here. Chemical pesticides aren't very specific as they can have an effect on non target species. Whereas Biological agents are specific.

oh yeah got mixed up there ha!
Original post by User12399
surely some of the basic ones like % changes you can do from KS2 and rate of change. Also birth rate and death rate is just a calculation using common sense.

I thought it would be helpful to have a list on here. I'm sure some people will appreciate it. Not everyone remembers things from KS2 lol.

EDIT: Looks like it is helpful since its been +verepped.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 462
Question : What's the advantages of using inorganic nitrogen fertiliser rather than an organic fertiliser apart from its more easily taken up because it's in it pure form, not in urea/manure form?
Original post by Thepupil
Question : What's the advantages of using inorganic nitrogen fertiliser rather than an organic fertiliser apart from its more easily taken up because it's in it pure form, not in urea/manure form?

you know its content of nutrients, easy to apply and doesn't wash away as easily, fast acting, can be applied evenly, can be applied using light machinery, reduce soil compaction, easy to store.
Does anyone have Jan 11 paper? Feeling sick about tomorrow...
Advantages and Disadvantages or Natural and Artificial fertilisers? (Organic/Inorganic)
Reply 466
you know its content of nutrients, easy to apply and doesn't wash away as easily, fast acting, can be applied evenly, can be applied using light machinery, reduce soil compaction, easy to store.

Cheers mate +repped.
Original post by Master.K
Advantages and Disadvantages or Natural and Artificial fertilisers? (Organic/Inorganic)

Advantages of Artificial

Fast action
Components known
Easy to store/apply
Can apply with light machinery
High nutrient content

Disadvantages
Very soluble
Can cost quiet a bit

Natural

Advantages

Cheap

Disadvtages

Can effect water courses (leeching)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by likedylaninthemovies
Does anyone have Jan 11 paper? Feeling sick about tomorrow...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30386735#post30386735

Pretty immature neg repping me when I'm trying to helping others.
Pretty immature neg repping me when I'm trying to helping others.

mate, i didn't neg you.
mate, i didn't neg you.

Well who is on here neg repping everyone?
BTW it probably looks like I neg repped you but I didn't.
x

Repped! :biggrin:
Reply 473
i reckon the end 5 markers might be photosynthesis or respiration... there was not much on the january paper which annoyed me! only thing i can do well haha
Well who is on here neg repping everyone?
BTW it probably looks like I neg repped you but I didn't.

don't know but i've +repped you couple of times today so its saying "Please rate some other members before rating this member again." lol

I'm not bothered about rep just the fact i'm learning while helping others. best way to learn
Reply 475
So what 3 5 markers do you think people?

I really think eutrophication
perhaps colonisation or something.
Reply 476
Original post by empop92
i reckon the end 5 markers might be photosynthesis or respiration... there was not much on the january paper which annoyed me! only thing i can do well haha

My guess is succession of bare rock, perhaps something to do with deflected succession in there.

I'm pretty confident on my respiration/photosynthesis so I'm concentrating on the ecology section of it mainly. So just to make sure will it be fine to use the terms nitrifying bacteria instead of the specific bacteria involved the same for denitrifying bacteria?
(edited 12 years ago)
My predictions:

Photosynthesis
Carbon Cycle
Nitrogen Cycle
Conservation
Use of fertilisers and the consequences
(Also some Inheritance but doubt it, came up in jan)
Original post by Stratos
My guess is succession of bare rock, perhaps something to do with deflected succession in there.

succession came up in jan, it was 5 marks so it wont come up again.
Reply 479
hi, can some 1 help me with question 5b on the jan 11 paper.. i know that GP = NP + R but i cant get the answer that they want? help please :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending