The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by periwinkle304
quick question on subdivision of the nervous system - does peripheral split into sensory and motor, then motor splits into somatic and autonomic? not sure about the sensory/motor part :s-smilie:

According to wikipedia, thats right
Helppppppp! ... nitric oxide can induce apoptosis by making the inner mitochondrial membrane more permeable to hydrogen ions so this dissipates the proton gradient right? this then means less cytokinesis (is that the right word, omg brain overflow :frown: ) but whats this got to do with proteins binding to apoptosis receptors?????????///
Original post by Wor Carroll
Looking forward to 3.30 when this exam will be over :smile:

Looking forward to 2.45 when mine will be over :biggrin: :biggrin:
quick question on subdivision of the nervous system - does peripheral split into sensory and motor, then motor splits into somatic and autonomic? not sure about the sensory/motor part :s-smilie:

Peripheral splits into Somatic and Autonomic, then the Autonomic splits into Sympathetic and Parasympathetic :smile:

Edit: someone posted a good mnemonic to remember it earlier - Nervous Crammers Pass Successfully After Severe Procrastination :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by miss-pink09
ahh you guys are genius' i love youuuuuuuu <3 haha

haha i really wish i was a genius!!!! thats about all i know :P need to do plants and those punet squared and galapagos...omg stil ahve loads to revise :frown: aka learn... but ur welcome!

The peripheral nervous system has two different systems: the somatic nervous system (conscious control) and the autonomic nervous system (unconscious control).

The autonomic nervous system has two divisions: the sympathetic nervous system (fight or flight) and the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest).
Original post by rebeccalouise_92
haha i really wish i was a genius!!!! thats about all i know :P need to do plants and those punet squared and galapagos...omg stil ahve loads to revise :frown: aka learn... but ur welcome!

ahh i did plants earlier today :smile:
im not really learning galapagos... dont really know what we're meant to know tbh..
do we need to know the experimental evidence for gibberellins I don't really understand that?
Reply 2068
Original post by heartskippedabeat
Peripheral splits into Somatic and Autonomic, then the Autonomic splits into Sympathetic and Parasympathetic :smile:

Edit: someone posted a good mnemonic to remember it earlier - Nervous Crammers Pass Successfully After Severe Procrastination :yep:

Nervous Crammers Pass Successfully After Severe Procrastination

Whats the n and C stand for?
Helppppppp! ... nitric oxide can induce apoptosis by making the inner mitochondrial membrane more permeable to hydrogen ions so this dissipates the proton gradient right? this then means less cytokinesis (is that the right word, omg brain overflow ) but whats this got to do with proteins binding to apoptosis receptors?????????///

i mean chemiosmosis....whats cytokinesis from :s
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ChubbyRain
do we need to know the experimental evidence for gibberellins I don't really understand that?

The ocr book really makes it confusing. I was confused too

Gibberellins cause stem elongation.

Heres the evidence:

In the same species, some plants are dwarfs and others are tall plants. It was found that tall plants had more gibberellins than dwarfs. A mutant plant without the gene for creating gibberellin did not grow tall. But when one of it’s branches were grafted onto a normal plant, the graft grew tall. Therefore, gibberellins are responsible for stem elongation
Original post by susan23
Nervous Crammers Pass Successfully After Severe Procrastination

Whats the n and C stand for?

Nervous System, CNS
Right guys, I love you all very much. I shall be here tomorrow morning, but for now, my brain hurts. See you all later! :hat2:
Reply 2073
Why do genome fragments need to be inserted into BACS? Why cant you just preform PCR on them?
Original post by rebeccalouise_92
Helppppppp! ... nitric oxide can induce apoptosis by making the inner mitochondrial membrane more permeable to hydrogen ions so this dissipates the proton gradient right? this then means less cytokinesis (is that the right word, omg brain overflow ) but whats this got to do with proteins binding to apoptosis receptors?????????///

i mean chemiosmosis....whats cytokinesis from :s

Cytokinesis is what happens after mitosis, where the cell actually spilts into 2
Original post by susan23
Why do genome fragments need to be inserted into BACS? Why cant you just preform PCR on them?

PCR only works on short strands. The fragments are too long for PCR, so you need BACs and in vivo gene cloning
Reply 2076
The peripheral nervous system>sensory and motor>somatic and autonomic...autonomic splits into sympathetic and parasympathetic. here i made a flow chart.
Original post by ksahnan
The peripheral nervous system>sensory and motor>somatic and autonomic...autonomic splits into sympathetic and parasympathetic. here i made a flow chart.

Nice flowchart :biggrin:
Original post by Kidms001
Right guys, I love you all very much. I shall be here tomorrow morning, but for now, my brain hurts. See you all later! :hat2:

Bye :biggrin: x
Original post by M_I
Why would you need to do that? or What would do that? :s-smilie:

Was used to produce insulin, was easier to extract mRNA from pancreas cells then try and find the gene (51 amino acids, not that big)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending