The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by diamonddust
To use London slang: Brap brap! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: That's brilliant! :hugs:
Are you on Edexcel too? I should probably get back to revision now but *whispers* I think my brain is broken. Thank you! I'd seriously convinced myself I'd get rejected. If you search around on TSR you'll see me going 'HOW many applicants? OMG I'm not going to get in!' So glad I did. I keep feeling like I'm not good enough and everyone will be better writers than me and because I haven't written in so long (thanks exams/workload/ED!) I'm going to be rusty but those thoughts need to STFU. Just have to pray I meet the offer! I was saying on other thread that this year has made me start praying and I don't even believe in God. I keep making bribes with the universe and sort of going 'Hey God, I don't actually believe in you but if you help me get my 3As and stick an A* or two in there as well, I'll seriously start believing!' :tongue: What's your firm choice and what grades do you need? *is being totally nosy*
It makes me LOL so hard that Grayling's acting like a victim and whining about how everyone's 'persecuting' him. It's like, dude you sold out! At least all the other extortionist people say that's what they are! :tongue: Did you read what Dawkins said on his website? He was like 'It's the brainchild of A.C Grayling, not me.' LMAO. You know you're on a bit of a sinking ship when your colleague is distancing himself from the criticism, to be fair though, Dawkins is generally a bit of a poo. :tongue: It's not even like any of those academics are actually going to BE there because they're all affiliated with other universities. Might as well save yourself some money and go to Oxford/Cambridge/UCL any decent uni with decent academic staff!
Wow, I rant a lot haha! Sorry! Anything to put off looking at RS. :tongue:
*goes to revise Ontological Argument for the millionth time*

Hahaha, you are on fiiire today, I'm so glad you've gone all optimistic :biggrin: yep, edexcel, wonderful as it is :| and that is hilarious about Dawkins, what an absolute douche :tongue: Tbh I'm sure all this universe-bribing must work, it's the only way I can have made it this far without dropping out of school!

Weeell I don't like saying my firm because people get a bit judgy but er, Cambridge :colondollar: the offer's A*AA though (and the A* has to be in English! :s-smilie:) so it's very very very unlikely I'll get in, in which case I'm going to York :smile: to be honest I wouldn't mind going to York as I was a bit worried about the whole eating-in-halls thing in Cambridge, which can be apparently quite important for meeting people depending on which college you're in... and I don't want to be the weird one who doesn't eat with everyone? Ah well, I'll see what it's like if I ever get there!

Ahh I don't know why but today and yesterday, all this talk of fresh starts has got me so excited about moving on, going somewhere new. I don't even care where I end up, I just really feel like I need to get somewhere and... yeah, move on :rolleyes:
YAYY!! Nice one SD.
Out of curiousity, what did you have? Custard will be so pleased when she sees what you've managed to do :smile:
Reply 543
So, so , so very pleased for you!!.Well Done :biggrin:
Original post by Kebabbi
Hahaha, you are on fiiire today, I'm so glad you've gone all optimistic :biggrin: yep, edexcel, wonderful as it is :| and that is hilarious about Dawkins, what an absolute douche :tongue: Tbh I'm sure all this universe-bribing must work, it's the only way I can have made it this far without dropping out of school!

Weeell I don't like saying my firm because people get a bit judgy but er, Cambridge :colondollar: the offer's A*AA though (and the A* has to be in English! :s-smilie:) so it's very very very unlikely I'll get in, in which case I'm going to York :smile: to be honest I wouldn't mind going to York as I was a bit worried about the whole eating-in-halls thing in Cambridge, which can be apparently quite important for meeting people depending on which college you're in... and I don't want to be the weird one who doesn't eat with everyone? Ah well, I'll see what it's like if I ever get there!

Ahh I don't know why but today and yesterday, all this talk of fresh starts has got me so excited about moving on, going somewhere new. I don't even care where I end up, I just really feel like I need to get somewhere and... yeah, move on :rolleyes:

:biggrin: :biggrin: That's so cool! I stopped outside the uni on the way to UEA and I was like :love:. Forget the quality of the education or the beauty of the town, have you SEEN all the people on Pashley bicycles? :tongue: :love:
One of my friends in my English class should be going, think he's going to Christ's College? I'll have to ask him! York is awesome! *still regrets not applying there* I put it on my UCAS and everything! :sad: Then changed it to RHUL. Then withdrew from RHUL because I didn't want to go there. :sigh: The foreign lit module is just :coma: . I'll doubt you'll be the only one at Cambs with ED issues, or any sort of mental health problem really. Definitely go get some support once you get there- I don't doubt that you will!

I know the feeling of wanting to move on! I feel like my recovery is stagnant because I'm stagnant!

I have an RS related question haha. Are you doing Ayer/Westphal/Donavan for the Implications paper?

Pleading to the universe is awesome!

Dear Universe, please let everyone on here get better and lead full and happy lives. And please let Kebabbi and I get into our firms. :tongue: Please let the Ontological Argument and Religion and Morality come up tomorrow. Please please please don't let Westphal and Donovan come up on Wednesday. Oh and please PLEASE don't let me get a B in English. I'm enjoying Stuart Little right now so thanks for letting me turn the channel on at the right time, even though I should be revising and not laughing at Hugh Laurie playing the dad when he's Wooster/Dr. House.
Thank you,
Yours DD
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
DD, We're all made of stardust, so we can do this ****! If you and kebabbi dont get into your firms, then yes, you can have some beef with the guy upstairs. I'll join you if I've failed my As's.
:five: You go girl! :biggrin:
Reply 547
Awesommme :smile: today is such a good day! well done :biggrin:
You're so epic you get Rachel gifs! :biggrin:
Seriously proud of you hun, and now like you said, you know you're capable of it so when your ED's nattering in your ear like the twit it is, you can be like BOO YAH! I kicked you in the... er.... yeah, this isn't quite working! But *claps*
I know *saying* you should feel proud doesn't stop you from feeling guilty and how taking steps towards fighting can sometimes make you feel like **** but that was a seriously brave step and I want to give you a huge hug! Now I'm ordering you to sit yourself down and listen to happy music and do whatever you can to distract yourself. :hugs: :tongue:

Thank you my lovely Snowflake I'll have angry words with him if you don't get the grades you want! He owes us! :tongue:
Went to the shop bought 4 snickers for a pound it's ridiculous how they sell them individually for over 50p :s-smilie: hahahahahahhehehehehhe :smile:
yay souldoubt :biggrin:DDDDDDD

:hugs:
sorry if i sound pathetic :frown: but i am managing to eat some chocolate and i think too much tbh 4 bars inculding another caramel one !!!!!! not eaten em all yet.......
Reply 552
Original post by diamonddust
:biggrin: :biggrin: That's so cool! I stopped outside the uni on the way to UEA and I was like :love:. Forget the quality of the education or the beauty of the town, have you SEEN all the people on Pashley bicycles? :tongue: :love:
One of my friends in my English class should be going, think he's going to Christ's College? I'll have to ask him! York is awesome! *still regrets not applying there* I put it on my UCAS and everything! :sad: Then changed it to RHUL. Then withdrew from RHUL because I didn't want to go there. :sigh: The foreign lit module is just :coma: . I'll doubt you'll be the only one at Cambs with ED issues, or any sort of mental health problem really. Definitely go get some support once you get there- I don't doubt that you will!

I know the feeling of wanting to move on! I feel like my recovery is stagnant because I'm stagnant!

I have an RS related question haha. Are you doing Ayer/Westphal/Donavan for the Implications paper?

Pleading to the universe is awesome!

Dear Universe, please let everyone on here get better and lead full and happy lives. And please let Kebabbi and I get into our firms. :tongue: Please let the Ontological Argument and Religion and Morality come up tomorrow. Please please please don't let Westphal and Donovan come up on Wednesday. Oh and please PLEASE don't let me get a B in English. I'm enjoying Stuart Little right now so thanks for letting me turn the channel on at the right time, even though I should be revising and not laughing at Hugh Laurie playing the dad when he's Wooster/Dr. House.
Thank you,
Yours DD
xx

('Time seemed to stagnate here', tehe :wink: I guess that will only make sense if you're doing Wuthering Heights...)

That is a charming little plea, I'm sure the gods will smile on you and will definitely let us in (and if I do get in, I am so giving you all credit!) No, I'm doing the Wainwright/Smart/Preston anthology. It's like the most obscure one so there are no resources for it anywhere AND my teacher didn't teach it because he didn't understand it and got bored halfway through... I have never been so unprepared for an exam in my life :s-smilie:

But I know, Cam would be so cool! :love: Plus I don't even have a bike, I have a trike (i.e. with three wheels, because I have balance problems) which is, of course, even cooler :wink: Ooh that's awesome, my offer is to St John's, it would be awesome to know of someone there already! Yeah, I've heard they will be no stranger to stupid pooey pieces of poo so I'll definitely sort it out when I get there :rolleyes: and if I don't get in, the foreign language at York does look awesome. But my only issue with York is that they don't even do one module in creative writing! So you will be infinitely better off at UEA :biggrin:

And, thank you snowflake :biggrin:
Reply 553
Come and open up your folding chair next to me
My feet are buried in the sand and there’s a breeze
There’s a shadow, you can’t see my eyes
And the sea is just a wetter version of the skies.

:hugs: well done :hugs:
Guys positive post

Mum's made a hearty home made curry (and kebab mixture but I think that's a bit too much ¬¬) nevertheless I think I am going to have some of the curry EEk:smile: a chappatti and some curry , I am going to feel guilty as My weight still isn't ok for me and is making me happy but nevertheless it'll do me good :smile: :smile: :smile:

I feel like today IS a good day ya'll are right!!!!! Must be the rain and winter cosy feeling :biggrin:
Reply 555
My God!!

Nice work guys!! I don't post here in just over a day and you've all made such amazing progress. A few days back when you all seemed to have your bad day at the same time, I was so worried for you all.. it seemed as though you'd not only given up on recovery, but were intent on killing yourselves, but here you are talking about actually eating a proper dinner!

I am so, so proud of you. ENJOY it. This is not a privilege or a treat - this is NORMAL. This is RIGHT - this is absolutely what your poor broken bodies and mind need!!

Hugs and kisses to you all, I am genuinely BEAMING with pride for you!!

Oh, and to all of you currently enduring exam and academic stress - your bodies need this nourishment more than ever at this point, so keep strong, minds alert, and I'll be equally as proud when you nail both your exams, get awesome results, and from the top of your mountain of pride, those EDs will seem like miiiiiles away, stewing in the moat at the bottom where they belong!
Original post by TotoMimo
My God!!

Nice work guys!! I don't post here in just over a day and you've all made such amazing progress. A few days back when you all seemed to have your bad day at the same time, I was so worried for you all.. it seemed as though you'd not only given up on recovery, but were intent on killing yourselves, but here you are talking about actually eating a proper dinner!

I am so, so proud of you. ENJOY it. This is not a privilege or a treat - this is NORMAL. This is RIGHT - this is absolutely what your poor broken bodies and mind need!!

Hugs and kisses to you all, I am genuinely BEAMING with pride for you!!

Oh, and to all of you currently enduring exam and academic stress - your bodies need this nourishment more than ever at this point, so keep strong, minds alert, and I'll be equally as proud when you nail both your exams, get awesome results, and from the top of your mountain of pride, those EDs will seem like miiiiiles away, stewing in the moat at the bottom where they belong!

Oh Toto. :cry: :hugs: to you too! And thank you for being you and amazing and inspiring and lovely. You've motivated so many of us and I know that without you and your thread I wouldn't have bothered even trying to sort things out. But you and the others on here inspire me to try and to fight and I thank you for it. :hugs:

This. We love you Toto! :hugs:
Original post by NotSoCool.Fly
Guys positive post

Mum's made a hearty home made curry (and kebab mixture but I think that's a bit too much ¬¬) nevertheless I think I am going to have some of the curry EEk:smile: a chappatti and some curry , I am going to feel guilty as My weight still isn't ok for me and is making me happy but nevertheless it'll do me good :smile: :smile: :smile:

I feel like today IS a good day ya'll are right!!!!! Must be the rain and winter cosy feeling :biggrin:

:hugs: I'm so proud of you hun! :biggrin: You DON'T need to feel guilty and whatever your weight you deserve to eat but I'm so so so proud of you. :jumphug:
Reply 558
reading this threads just making me cry :'( i so want to say something positive, i kept trying to tell my mum today and then i got scared so i binged and purged the whole day instead. i haven't done any revision because i wasted the whole day being sick and i didn't even tell my mum in the end :frown:

i really didnt want to post this because its not positive and everyone else is happy and doing well and i feel bad for bringing the mood down but i feel so alone and i just don't trust myself right now. i really want to self harm just anything to make me forget about today anythingggg i don't want to go to my exams anymore because of today im definately not going to do well, i just don't want this life anymore

well done to everyone else tho :smile:
Reply 559
Original post by squiff93
reading this threads just making me cry :'( i so want to say something positive, i kept trying to tell my mum today and then i got scared so i binged and purged the whole day instead. i haven't done any revision because i wasted the whole day being sick and i didn't even tell my mum in the end :frown:

i really didnt want to post this because its not positive and everyone else is happy and doing well and i feel bad for bringing the mood down but i feel so alone and i just don't trust myself right now. i really want to self harm just anything to make me forget about today anythingggg i don't want to go to my exams anymore because of today im definately not going to do well, i just don't want this life anymore

well done to everyone else tho :smile:

It's ok, you can't pretend to be doing well just because everyone else is doing really well. I'm here, i'm the same. Please don't self harm unless you absoloutely have to, there is obviously something inside of you telling you not to do it, so trying to focus on that. It's not a good way to start coping - I know that too well hun.

here for you x

Quick Reply

Latest