The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Studies Unit 4: Life, Death and Beyond

Hi guys, I just wanted to clarify something as the specification on AQA didn't really answer the question:
On the Unit 4 paper there are two questions each with two parts and one of the questions is about human nature and the other is about life after death, is that right?
Or could both questions be about one section?
The spec's new so there aren't too many sample papers.
AQA Religious Studies suck...i'm doing it as well

nah, the questions are different sections of the subject
Reply 2
Original post by TheBlackMonster
AQA Religious Studies suck...i'm doing it as well

nah, the questions are different sections of the subject

Well that's annoying, thought I'd found a revision short-cut...
Just going to have to stop being lazy I suppose.

Good luck on Wednesday :smile:
nope, there are 2 questions on the paper each with two parts. But you will never know what the question will be about. They will pick two topics out of the 4, like last year they asked one question about nature and value of life and another one afterlife.
Sooooo frustrating, wish there were more resources for this paper on the AQA website.
The spec seems so vague as well.
Original post by happi_minnie
nope, there are 2 questions on the paper each with two parts. But you will never know what the question will be about. They will pick two topics out of the 4, like last year they asked one question about nature and value of life and another one afterlife.

yeah that's what I said

Original post by TallulahStaple
Sooooo frustrating, wish there were more resources for this paper on the AQA website.
The spec seems so vague as well.

I agree so much, terrible unit and it's stupid that we have to do it
worst course on AQA by a mile...and there's probably only like 3 centres that do it
Reply 6
We do it and it sucks! I reckon that Eschatology will probably come up + perhaps the nature + value of human life with an ao2 on the importance of human life.. So that's probably what my last minute cramming will be based on!
Reply 7
Hmm, i think it's likely to be a question on apocalyptic teachings and end times. So happy about the Americans who predicted the end of the world a couple of weeks ago... LDB Gold! x
Original post by pinkrose
Hmm, i think it's likely to be a question on apocalyptic teachings and end times. So happy about the Americans who predicted the end of the world a couple of weeks ago... LDB Gold! x

My head of RE called it a gift from the Gods, hahahah. Apparently there's one every year, in the media and this was ours :tongue:
Reply 9
GUYS!!

okay so TWO topics are gnna comeup... lets just say "Nature & Value" and "Importance of life and beyond"
Under EACH topic ther'll be TWO questions... an A01 and A02
Is that right?

My teacher says its like this: e.g in the SAME question the A01 might be about "Nature and Value" and A02 might be on "Importance of life and beyond"

so ALL 4 topics could come up.... i dont think thats right...

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!! =D
Reply 10
It could do that but it's unlikely, it's more probable that they'll keep the topics together and just have a crossover with Area C and D as they're practically the same x
Reply 11
Yeah unit 4 sucks man i hardly have any stuff to revise from, also do any of you's reckon that eschatology will come up? where the question may ask about that specifically over something like life death and beyond..cause im good on the LDB stuff and i want that to come up but if it asks me just on eschatolgy then im screwed as i only know islamic point of views on that..not really revised anything on the rapture etc
Reply 12
raptureready.com is good for a slightly obscure :/ christian perspective
I think eschatology will come up - the parables from the synoptics are quite good for that
x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
I thought the exam was really good, the questions I thought which was gonna be on, was. Eschatology was fairly easy, the other not so but I obviously didn't answer that so yno!
Reply 14
I'm so annoyed!! I did the eschatology & apocalyptic questions because I didn't like the sound of the importance of present life question...apparently this was just nature and value though?!

Damn AQA wording questions in such an awkward way!
Reply 15
Original post by cdyer93
I'm so annoyed!! I did the eschatology & apocalyptic questions because I didn't like the sound of the importance of present life question...apparently this was just nature and value though?!

Damn AQA wording questions in such an awkward way!

It was sort of, the importance of life & value of life are very very similar!

What did you write for the eschatology one?
What is everyone predicting for this year's AQA life, death and beyond paper?Would really appreciate everyone's thoughts as struggling a lot with this topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending