The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?

Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Well 1st and foremost, vaccinations. E.g. BCG vaccine for TB - this is the most important.
EDIT: Ignore TB as it is caused by a bacterium. HPV vaccine is one example that is used to vaccinate against a virus.

Then there are anti-viral drugs, such as AZT which basically inhibit reverse transcriptase, so it is used to manage HIV infection.

That's basically it. Your immune system is the only other thing AFAIK.

what the hell, basically it??? , i have never heard of this, what is all this (ive only heard of BCG as its on my immuology card)???? do we need to know this stuff
Reply 421
nobody answered my que :s-smilie:
Original post by PsyChris
what the hell, basically it??? , i have never heard of this, what is all this (ive only heard of BCG as its on my immuology card)???? do we need to know this stuff

I doubt it. Someone asked how we treat viruses, so I gave a response lol - vaccines and drugs.

Original post by imaam
Sorry i meant "primary infection"...

Same thing
Reply 423
Original post by darkiee

Original post by darkiee
Join the club, I believe this is due to my UNIT 4 jan result in March. It has knocked down my confidence, Sometimes Result comes arounds and it knocks you down, Just get back up when it knocks you down.

cant believe ur qoting a terrible keri hilson song, made my day, will be thinking of this when thinking of failing my exams, lol
Reply 424
Original post by Schoolio93
same here, I can really cope with three hours of exams in one day!!! And then I have got a 2 hour exam on wed and a 1:30 hour exam on thursday. Why are they so narrowly spread -> that reminds me of wide spectrum antibiotic and narrow spectrum antibiotic lol.

Are you biology chemistry and maths aswell?
Reply 425
whats the MHC complex?? ive never seen the term til now :/ do we need to know it? :confused:
Reply 426
has anybody got any photosynthesis notes?
Original post by pearlover
whats the MHC complex?? ive never seen the term til now :/ do we need to know it? :confused:

Yes it is needed to present antigens on the cell surface membrane of T helper cell / B cell

MHC - Major histocompatible complex protein
Original post by abuelzouz
hey guys...wts up?
wt do u define biodiversity and genetic biodeversity?

Biodiviversity is the different number of species within a habitat, genetic biodiversity is the different number of genes within a certain population (allele frequency/gene pool)
Original post by lily92

Original post by lily92
Are you biology chemistry and maths aswell?

yes I do, I have C3 B4 tomorrow CH5 on Wed and C4 on Thursday -> all first time sitting.
Original post by GdotNizzle

Original post by GdotNizzle
Yes it is needed to present antigens on the cell surface membrane of T helper cell / B cell

MHC - Major histocompatible complex protein

isn't it major histocompatibility complex protein??
Can someone post the specimen paper for this or direct me to it? :smile:
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Can someone post the specimen paper for this or direct me to it? :smile:

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/GCE-Biology-6BI01.pdf

sorry wrong one
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 433
Original post by PsyChris
cant believe ur qoting a terrible keri hilson song, made my day, will be thinking of this when thinking of failing my exams, lol

LOOL Phychris, its the truth, hahaha :P At least I made your day, the thought of failing scares people
Reply 434
yes I do, I have C3 B4 tomorrow CH5 on Wed and C4 on Thursday -> all first time sitting.

I have chemistry on wednesday to
all night revision anyone?
Reply 436
Original post by mooniibuggy
all night revision anyone?

Yes me, I am going to be revising all night
Reply 437

CH5? Mines Chemistry by Design.. I see your doing medicine, nice! So I'm guessing you need 3A's?
Reply 438
What is carbon fixation? What does it produce? Does it produce GP?
Original post by darkiee
Yes me, I am going to be revising all night

Excellent :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending